What is the best and most logical language that everyone should speak as a second language and why is it Esperanto?

What is the best and most logical language that everyone should speak as a second language and why is it Esperanto?

Other urls found in this thread:

bertilow.com/rilataj/
vocaroo.com/i/s0BusvyGStG6
youtube.com/watch?v=UzDS2WyemBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mi lernas Esperanton en Duolingo kaj gxi estas simila al Newspeako.

why don't you learn a real language instead

You don't learn Esperanto to speak it. It's a gateway to learning second languages if you are monolingual.

I rather learn a logical language than a semen-gargling one, Ahmed.

Bonegas - mi volas ke la homoj en Sup Forums parolu Esperanton ĉar ĝi estas facila.

La lingvo estas facila, sed gxi estas malfacilas al skribas la literoj de memeo

Vi povas trovi esperantajn memeojn en la retejo facile, sed ni povus havi pli se oni parolas tiun lingvon ĉi tie, ni eĉ povus havi esperantajn fadenojn.

I disagree with you OP, but also, I speak Esperanto

>You don't learn Esperanto to speak it

Fakte kiam mi lernis ĝin mi ne intencis uzi ĝin multe kun aliuloj, tamen nun mi babilas per ĝi aŭ legas aĵojn en esperanto preskaŭ ĉiutage, kaj parolas ĝin iomete kun mia amato. Ĝi vere fariĝis mia vera dua lingvo. Mi tenas ĝin tre proksime al mia koro.

Mi malsamopinas je OP, sed mi vere ja kredas ke ĝi estas lerninda lingvo.

t. esperanto-parolanto dum 10+ jaroj

Nu ŝajne li temis pri la ĉaphavaj memeliteroj kiam li diris "literoj de memeo". Laŭ mia kompreno, almenaŭ.

Alright I have been LERNU!ing for only a week so I will have to switch to English for this, but can one of you esperantists explain the weird usage of commas in Esperanto?

>Esperantist
>Doesn't praise Esperanto and Zamenhof
Rare

I'm not sure what you mean...

Are you talking about "tiu, kiu"?

Like "Tiu homo, kiu staras tie"?

In that case, it's something that is always taught, but in practical useage I don't think people really do it all the time unless they developed a habit of it from the lessons they used. It's just done to make it even more clear that the tiu/kiu are connected somehow, like when one of them is recieving an accusative and the other is not, it takes away some ambiguity.

That's my guess for why that convension exists, anyway.

"Mi ne komprenas tion, kion vi diras"
"Mi ne komprenas kion vi diras"

These two are pretty much the same meaning in everyday speech but the first sounds more textbook.

I am trying to find some info about this in PMEG, here is what I have found: bertilow.com/rilataj/

So I guess this concept is "rilataj subfrazoj". So the comma shows up when you are linking 2 related sentences together.

I think I get it now. Dankon!

Nedankinde amiko

There are better gateways to learning a second language.
Since you're trying to learn it, are you monolingual ?
Is it even possible for an Israeli to be monolingual ?

Esperanto has to be the most retarded fucking shit someone has ever invented.

>there are better gateways

Like what? Not contesting you or anything, just genuinely interested.

>Learning a result of polish and jewish autism cumulation.

I'm personally Bilingual, but I have been have difficulties with French, so I started to learn Esperanto to help me with Romance grammar and vocab, but honestly it's fun and enriching by itself. I still wish to come back to French at some point though

>There are better gateways to learning a second language.

I always see people use this kind of thing to tell people not to learn Esperanto and I just don't see the point...Esperanto is very easy to learn so...why not just let someone learn it if they find it fun? It's not like a person can only learn one language and that's it. Someone can study Esperanto and something else too. Why not?

>for fun

alright

He probably means something like Spanish as a romance gateway, Dutch as a germanic gateway, Russian as a Slavic gateway, etc.

Esperanto is a good start for thinking about language structures from a bilingual perspective.

Wouldn't it makes more sense to learn some Latin and compare the grammatical and orthographic shifts that led to all of nowadays Latin-based languages ?

Fuck off you autistic most likely liberal cunt. Learn a real language, like Mandarin or Russian.

Latin is more complex than French. I might as well spend my time just outright learning French.

Esperanto is simple enough to casually learn with little effort, and while it has little practical use it's fun to learn.

I especially like the fact that I am very much a Komencanto, but I can get the gist of a lot of more advance text samples just from my limited knowledge of Esperanto and French and from how simple and logical the language is.

You need to join the Oomoto cult

>komencanto

excuse me

>Made-up languages

That's cool and all, but does it have any practical use?

>What is the best and most logical language that everyone should speak as a second language
English

>and why is it Esperanto?
I don't understand this question

It would probably be better to just learn Spanish in that case, since it will very clearly demonstrate verb inflection (I think in French some of the inflections sound similar although they are spelled different?)--Spanish has very accurate orthography compared to French, so someone learning it won't have to be distracted by spelling vs pronunciation issues and can focus just on the grammar. I'm also suggesting Spanish because then they won't have to learn an asston of noun declensions, when declensions aren't really used much in Romance langs. I think Romanian uses them, I don't know about the others. (And the user studying Esperanto is already going to learn the concept of declensions in Esperanto--unless Hebrew has them. It probably does. I dunno. Esperanto totally lacks verb conjugations for person, though, so it would be a fail for teaching those.)

Esperanto (and Spanish) will have more vocab that is closer to modern Romance lang words than Latin would; the majority of Esperanto vocab is from French and Latin anyway. As someone who spoke Spanish before learning Esperanto I found that I picked up the vocab very fast due to many cognates. I'm not saying Latin is a bad choice, just that it's a bit unnecesarily complicated if youre just using it as a gate to understand its modern children and t b h I think someone will find more people to chat with in Esperanto (and definitely more in Spanish) than in Latin.

And really, if someone's going to make THAT much fuss over getting a handle on the family of the language they want to learn...they should just pick the language and learn it.

Esperanto imo is awesome for teaching agglutination, for me that has been the most enjoyable concept from it and I am now learning 2 natural languages that are agglutinative.

A tes souhaits

In Poland many people say that it would be better if we hadn't refused esperanto in the past. (Everyone here knows about worldwide language idea). I know 1 woman who is fluent in this language.

how does it sound

the spelling looks horrible

Dunno, she never said anything to me in this language, because i don't know it, so she hadn't got any reason to speak. My father knows it only a bit. For me it sounds like latin.

If you are not dumb then you can make almost any language you have learned become useful to you.

I almost got a job doing some Esperanto-related stuff in an office and they would have paid and housed me for a year but I backed out on it to do something else. And recently a couple of guys raised $10,000 in a day off of donations from Esperanto speakers so they could design an app (theyre up to $20,000 now, this is like 2 weeks later?) and one of those guys makes some money off being a youtuber about esperanto stuff. so yeah you can use it for things, including getting laid.

It's very clean compared to Polish orthography

Our language?
>base word system (just add prefix, infix and suffix to make new word(s))
>SVO
>each letter has one sound
>no past/perfect/present verb tense bullshit, just add "sudah" for perfect tense, add adverb of time for past tense, and add "sedang" for continuous tense)
>no gender article
>preposition is relatively easy (on = di luar, above = di atas, beside = di samping, at home = di rumah)

It's not about the language being made up. It's about it being artificial. Standard German is made-up but it's heavily based on an existing dialect. Portuñol is a mix too. Esperanto loses all the culture and history attached to a live language.

Why is it always an American that is shilling esperanto?
Is it because they can't learn real languages or because they're autistic?

>Esperanto

They want to learn a language without investing the time and effort needed to learn it. They're lazy.
Pic related

In Poland the most common fetish are lolis and teens. In USA those are jews and jewish related stuff.

That's kind of the point of auxilary languages. No culture gets to dominate international communication. (Even though Esperanto is Eurocentric but you can't make a truly internationally neutral language)

vocaroo.com/i/s0BusvyGStG6

I dunno much about languages, but that sounds to me like a Brazilian speaking Spanish mixed with gibberish.

>Are you really femanon? Post feet with timestamp.

That's a pretty fair description.

There is no offcial accent in Esperanto so that can vary alot. If you hear someone else they will probably sound really slavic. Right now the president of our main organization thing has a really strong anglo accent (I think he is Canadian...and also I dont remember if we have a new guy now)

imo the best sounding accent in Esperanto is the Brazilian accent, they sound really good.

There is kind of a "neutral" accent that has developed over time that some people do but I don't think mine totally qualifies

well it doesnt sound ugly, but sounds like a mix of multiple languages.

Here are videos of people who speak Esperanto natively, you can maybe hear that their accents are all a little different:

youtube.com/watch?v=UzDS2WyemBI

However, they are all 100% understandable, none of their accents is too strong to understand. The Brazilian kids have the strongest sounding accent but it's not that bad (and as I mentioned I think it's nice sounding anyway)

must be fun when everyone has its native accent

Literally OP

I was bent on learning it for a little while but it was just boring. Yeah it's definitely very structured and logical, and so learning it felt like doing nothing. Idk, I can't ever stick to learning one thing or commit to anything.

LONDONO
O
N
D
O
N
O

>I work for the European Parliament

>Li ne estas denaskuloj

Lmaoas en via vivo

>mi neniam estos denaskulo
>se mi iel havas filojn ili certe malamos esperanton kaj neniam parolos ĝin kun mi

>people whose knowledge of Esperanto is literally equal to zero are triggered by it
top kek

t. Gxorgx Soros

It's Latin though.

>SVO
>each letter has one sound
>no past/perfect/present verb tense bullshit, just add "sudah" for perfect tense, add adverb of time for past tense, and add "sedang" for continuous tense)
>no gender article

Vietnamese have all of these too, it just has tones and a fucked-up prounouns system to make things more ebin. :DDD

>I know nothing about the discussed topic but I feel the need to inject my ignorant opinion
that sums up most of the posts ITT desu