What's your country's excuse for still not having an aircraft carrier?

What's your country's excuse for still not having an aircraft carrier?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Finnish_Navy_ships
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_Veinticinco_de_Mayo_(V-2)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No enemies.

Money.

Nowhere to park it.

is that a ramp..?

Defeated country
Constitution Article 9

Lack of money and infrastructure. Our army is in rather shitty condition. Navy has like 10 ships, some from 1970s.

>Chakri Naruebet has been deployed on several disaster relief operations, including in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, and in response to separate flooding incidents in late 2010 and early 2011. Other than disaster relief, the carrier's few other departures from port are for a single training day per month, and transportation of the Royal Family of Thailand, leading to claims by some naval commentators that the ship is merely an oversized royal yacht.[1][2]

We will build one soon.

Power projection is not a part of our military doctrine.

Looks nice

cause we are allies with america and those dumb fucks probably have like 50 of them so if we need one we can just borrow one of theirs

no money

We don't need one. We're literally right next door to our only potential enemy.
Our navy is tiny. It is not meant for high seas or force projection.
There's some mine layers/sweepers, a few missile boats, a couple of landing craft and pollution control vessels.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Finnish_Navy_ships

>F35
Having aircraft carriers is nice, but quite useless if you don't have usable aircrafts to carry.

Fuck off you can afford that

>Having aircraft carriers is nice, but quite useless if you don't have usable aircrafts to carry.

I agree, which is why we're getting aircraft that can be used. What's your point about the F-35?

>F35
>usable aircraft

Pick one

Yes we can

We have 10 in service, 2 under construction and 1 in planning

Whats your excuse for still not having any nuke, Thai? With intercontinental warheads, we dont even need any aircraft carrier.

>nukes
>Thailand

Don't feed ladyboys with weird ideas, you truly want a global meltdown?

Going back on the old soviet budget are we?

>implying that only fact of nuke's existence causes global meltdown

We sold ours to Argentina to fight against the UK.

>The ship previously served in the Royal Navy as HMS Venerable and the Royal Netherlands Navy as HNLMS Karel Doorman. She was deployed south during the Beagle Crisis in 1978 and in the first weeks of the Falklands War, where her aircraft were deployed against the Royal Navy task force
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_Veinticinco_de_Mayo_(V-2)

There's going to be a massive military budget cut for so we'll have to see, but I do hope their funding allows it.

No, not at all, in fact Russia and US didn't caused anything so far...it's nukes + Thailand, chances greatly increase

but we have two

Manlet carrier for manlet people

why America and Germany tend to name battleships after famous or historical individuals?

it is fucking lame and uncool.

our allies have them

>His country doesn't have an AEGIS scort for its carrier

Didn't Spain sold you that pos? It does still float?

>memegis
Sure

no sea

it can't be an excuse!

He think he slick.... he DABBIN!!

Japan has aircraft carriers though

US has plenty as well as China.

you mean USS Japan?

I mean the """Helicopter""" carriers

Helicopters are aircraft too, my JP friend. You have the Izumo, Kaga, Hyūga, and Ise.

what the fuck why do we have 20 air craft carriers and 16 more planned

Because we can.

Because old carriers must be retired and replaced with new.

>muh holy 13

We have one, but it's somewhat useless. We're too friendly to use it anyway

>The cost of the supercarrier is estimated as being between $1.8 billion and $5.63 billion (at August 2015 exchange rates), with development expected to take ten years
>In July 2016, a Russian official confirmed that a delegation visiting India in early July had offered the design for India to purchase.
Kek

We are landlocked.

Is it nuclear?

>ramp

Probably can't afford a reactor.

Yes
Ramp+cat

The Russians have been talking about this for years.
Why is it that years after it was announced, it still hasnt gotten beyond being a miniature mockup at defense shows?

pic possibly related

>For years
It was announced in 2013

Why is the f-35 so gay? It even looks gay taking off.

it's pretty small, curvy and compact, regarding other fighters

F-35 would be a "she" in any anime

Well, Ahmet and Jamal need new IPhones, ain't got no money for shit like carriers.

we don't any more. we now call them after our federal states, which is even more lame.

SU50 is gayest

It depends.

USS Missouri sounds cool
USS South Dakota doesn't

Japan is busy making excuses for having its military.

I was talking about Germany.

They are called Saxony, Hamburg, Baden-Württemberg etc.

Baltic Sea is too small for an aircraft carrier.

I know. I was pointing out that if the state has a cool sounding name, it will [spoiler]sink[/spoiler] well on a ship.

Isn't Germany a bit too small to have states?

Why would a country need to be large to be a federation? Are you suggesting that diversity is a function of size?

Well, they developed over thousands of years.
For example Bavaria started as a small kingdom 1500 years ago. Why change such grown system?
The allies did a bit after WW2, tho. Prussia gone and some new artificial states...

steam powered of course

A FUCKING RAMP

noice

We are going to build one soon.

Yes.

Yes, spending 80% of GDP on military like in old good times.

>we now call them after our federal states, which is even more lame.
no,the battleships with name of old province or regions sounds very mystic and traditional.

on the other hand, if I hear the name of the battleship Bismarck, I always come to mind only the conservative politician with beard.

We have one, it just doesn't works. As long the Brazilian flag appears in the aircraft carrier lists, it's all that matters.

no money

That looks like a ton of food for one person so you guys cant be doing too bad

No honey

it's just bread and a few oatmeals on a plate

We'll have 2 soon enough, with qt and sperior ramps too.

It's buckwheat actually.

a few buckwheats

Too expensive for us.

>21st century naval warfare
>aircraft carrier
i bet polish stealth tanks are more useful

I know you're not Japanese but
>japan in charge of naval warfare involving the US

we already have the world largest one

Think.

Not only do we have plenty, we also have these qt LHDs.

lmfao

Because only Russia, China or USA could use it for their geo-politics. For any other country it is just wasted tax money.

Hell yeah...

Hahahaha

We don't need one, we don't want one.

>ramp

You mean you live next to us and weve got both aircraft carriers and a treaty that requires us to come to you aid?

You have one heading for syria. The only working one on yalls team.

Your welcome

>+cat

Not a warmonger.

We have one called uss we kicked the japs asses in ww2. Not as catchy as a state name buy hey.