Will techno ever be popular again?

Will techno ever be popular again?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/moonglow/r5.0
youtube.com/watch?v=zJxkyuLOZ6A
residentadvisor.net/record-label.aspx?id=1175
residentadvisor.net/record-label.aspx?id=1935
fourfourmag.com/12-reasons-ireland-is-the-most-underrated-techno-haven-in-the-world/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the prodigy
>techno
??????

nigga i bet you don't even know the belleville three

Techno will always be one of the most popular dance music genres. If you're talking about large, mainstream appeal, I guess tech-house is pretty popular now, in the UK at least (by tech-house I mean boring Drumcode shit). Maybe techno will be the next genre for these "all black from head to toe" #LAD twats?

industrial techno is fucking huge right now

Most decent clubs in the UK and Germany have techno now though

Never try to make a post about anything other than The Death Grips again. You don't know how to listen to music.

Or Grimes.

Will dead mouse ever make another good deep house track?

The fuck are you on about? "decent clubs" in the UK and Germany have played techno for decades.

>Sup Forums attempts earnest discussion of dance music
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah I know that, his post implied that stopped or something in favour of ladhouse

>tfw all clubs in us play nig music and shit edm
Kill me now

Have you see /bleep/ today? Its no better.

Ladhouse?

fuck off moonglow

I mean ladhouse/garage/"deep house innit/Disclosure-core has certainly become prominent since the turn of the decade (as has EDM), but obviously the proper clubs and raves and the like are still there and the heads are still into it.

You're just not looking hard enough. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

Because only NEETs are in right now, most everyone else is at work or in school (hell, the only reason I'm on Sup Forums right now is because I have an hour break before my anthropology class)

Ladhouse isn't even a thing any more. They've all moved onto "tech-house".

/bleep/ is a vacuum
You're obsessed, you fucking freak. Piss off.

Where do you live? I know the choices are limited in America, but there are still decent clubs about. You just have to know where to look.

also
>implying the best dance music genres weren't created/innovated by blacks

Atlanta.

I use to live in Chicago and that was all right

>You're obsessed, you fucking freak. Piss off.
now you see, if you weren't moonglow, you'd post something like "lol wtf is that" instead of immediately jumping to defense like that. you're terrible at this, mate. you've been posting here for several months now and still have no clue how to conceal your identity

nah its bout gabber now ye cunt

I use /rym/. You post there frequently. That exact post. You're a fucking freak.

hardcore techno is still going

angerfist keeps coming out with huge lps and theyre all really good

You're aware not every post/opinion you disagree with is the same person, right?

Is this him? Really?

Superiority complex in dance music on Sup Forums with fucking 2pac and Boston as a 5/5?!

rateyourmusic.com/collection/moonglow/r5.0

You have a serious problem. The casual Sup Forums user wouldn't even know "moonglow" was the name of a RYM profile. Nor would they care. You're disgusting and you need professional help before you harm somebody.

I'm And I didn't until 3 minutes ago, wish I'd never found out with ''taste'' like that.

>Atlanta
Fuck man, I'm from Decatur. We have a decent scene here. There used to be a big Jungle/Drum and Bass/+ UK Continuum genres following here from the 90s into the mid-late 00s when I came of age. I know Georgia State's Album 88.5 did (maybe still does) a Friday night radio show along those lines.

Anyway, more recently Kode9 and some footwork DJs came through back in June and was great. Danny Howells was at Wild Pitch last weekend and that was decent.

There's a "House in the Park fundraiser" August 27th and 28th at Soundtable hosted by Resident Advisor-favorite Detroit-bred house dj/producer Kai Alce (who owns a record label for New York/Detroit/Atlanta house and techno producers to release on and collaborate with other like-minded individuals). This is just a warm-up/teaser/fundraising side gig for the main deal which will be Labor Day weekend.

Kaleidoscope ATL has some good events as well. it's on a sketchy side of town, and it's in pretty much an abandoned warehouse area, but it's actually really cool. It's been around for a long time, there's drawings on the walls, comfy couches, there's a pretty tight community that goes there, people get wasted on grog on the porch among other things, and some crazy things happen. A bunch of local DJs go there; they do sets on old CDJ's or Numarks, and I went to one where some guy was doing a trap rave on his laptop, but there's usually proper dance music. It's a $5 cover charge, and sometimes artists go there to sell weird stuff. They don't really have regular Saturday events per se; most big events seem to happen Friday night or during the week.

see
and

Also, MJ Concourse on Ponce de Leon St, opens at 11, $5 cover charge... it's literally underground. There's a real non-top-40 feel going through it, the theme depends on the day. The main room room has more contemporary mixes, and there's a smaller room with 80/90's disco/funk/alternative-type music playing. Parking's kinda a bitch though, there's a bar next door a 24 hr Kroger across the street, a 24 hr diner down the street, and Little Five Points a few minutes away (where parking is a REAL bitch).

I've never gone to the Opera because there was a fucking prom going on there at time I tried to go, very awkward walking past all the decked out high school kids

IRIS is OK if you're below 21, but it gets old after that, all the glow-up big-fuzzy-boots-horn-rim-glasses type chicks that hate to dance in there... I did like the tiny DnB room, had some good dancing in there and good DJs

I do remember going to a Mexican club on Buford Hwy and standing in line alone, so awkward, everyone staring at me... I did manage to jump on the stage and steal a kiss from a 9/10 chiquita before she told me she was married and I got thrown off lol, VERY packed and sweaty in there, got my jacket stolen...

Also, there used to be some proper DnB-oriented clubs around the northside of the perimeter and like a "404 Bass Collective", not sure if that's around anymore.

Also, check out Beatlab Records in Little 5 Points. It's the premiere DJ shop in the Atlanta area and has turntables, needles, mixers, other equipment shit, plus a whole range of older and newer used house, techno, garage, uk breakbeat (dnb and jungle), and a TON old-school hip-hop/breaks/electro (as it is Atlanta after all) records for sale. This is where most of the dedicated and most importantly, non-"EDM", DJs in the area go to and them and the staff should be in the know about underground venues/gigs.

Obviously it's not a patch on the scene in Chicago (which of course is informed by 30+ years of rich dance music history and continues to be at the forefront of American dance music innovation and progression today with its juke/footwork scene having come to fruition and widespread popularity in the electronic music/dance music community and online music blog-o-sphere.

But obviously, there's more in Atlanta than just fucking Tomorrowworld EDM and ghetto-ass Magic Monday/U-Bar flavor of the month trap rap strip club events.

techno is the most popular genre of music in dublin right now by far

Are you American?

Can you recommend some good techno labels/artists from Dublin other than Earwiggle?

youtube.com/watch?v=zJxkyuLOZ6A

residentadvisor.net/record-label.aspx?id=1175
residentadvisor.net/record-label.aspx?id=1935

Cheers

Not him and I just googled what you posted and got those on RA, no idea if they're any good

Why would you do that?

fourfourmag.com/12-reasons-ireland-is-the-most-underrated-techno-haven-in-the-world/

we don't export much but we listen to a lot

I'm bored and nice.

Thanks so much for all of the advice man. I am just totally lost in this city and I really appreciate the help

Cool read

>Techno and Cans
Most Irish name for a night ever

No problem man. Good luck. Who knows, I might run into you some time (not that I'd know it of course).

deep house is hot right now but desu i wouldnt mind going in to techno DJ nights if it had a free entrance and they were selling weed in the zone

"deep house" or deep house?