>AnCo fucking suck and they keep getting worse and worse

>I am really sick of trap and most hip hop in general

>emo is boring teen angst trash

>Kendrick Lamar is boring as fuck

>Yeezus is Kanye's only good album

>most dadrock is bullshit

>Radiohead is incredibly overrated

COOL

Do you have any positive ones or are you just bitching?

why do people who don't like anco think it's such an edgy unpopular opinion? kek

ASAP Rocky is actually all right even though I'm sick of rap these days
Get the fuck out of my thread if you can't handle dissenting opinions you little faggot bitch.
Because most of you underage gaylords love that shit.

And I said I liked Yeezus

I do really like ASAP, live love is my favorite mixtape of all time. But how far have you really delved into rap? Have you just listened to the commercial shit posted around here a lot or have you heard more conscious and experimental shit you also didn't like? I feel like too many people give hip hop a bad "rap"

I agree with all but the part about Radiohead.

You little faggot they're called opinions.
I fucking love anco and you can hate them as much as you want, but stop bitching and insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you, you sad person

I'm open to some recommendations. Name some good rappers.

most of these don't really sound like opinions. most of these sound like "i don't like this thing, so i'm gonna say it's shit, without backing up my statement in any kind of way"

basically lol calm down nobody cares about how you hate things that lots of people think are pretty good.

>AnCo have been relying on the same "Look at us we're so childlike and quirky" strategy for their whole career. It has gotten very uncreative and boring.

>most trap is generic and sounds the same at this point

>Kendrick uses bland, generic beats, has an average flow, and talks about the same stuff we've heard before like "growing up in the hood is bad" or "fuck white people" etc.

>Yeezus was bold and interesting for a radio pop album. It had some interesting sonic textures and unique beats

>most classic rock was bland and derivative and followed the same verse-chorus-guitar solo format

wow you've very slightly elaborated on these opinions, although all of these could be very easily argued against and refuted. and most of them still sound based 90% on your personal taste, or over-simplifying whole bands or genres.

like cool aren't u special. wow.

>Get the fuck out of my thread
>my thread
>my
Welcome, newfriend. Kill yourself if you can't handle people calling out your retarded threads you dense fuck.

i thought you said this thread was for disagreeing with Sup Forums, most of these opinions are very common

Agree with you on trap and hip hop everything has sounded the fucking same since like 2010 genre needs to fucking die already

anco were great until they creamed themselves over the popularity of MPP.
Pre sung tongs they made genuinely interesting, psychedelic, avant-garde music.
Post sung tongs they just tried to make themselves more and more accessible resulting in trash piles like feels and PW.
However strawberry jam (minus cuckoo and derek) is a great pop album.

why do you guys like Neutral Milk Hotel

MPP is their best work by a mile

Calvin Harris is good and Aphex Twin's most recent stuff is dogshit and his older music is just plain boring

This is a 18+ board

>HCTI
>good

I can see thinking SAW 85-92 is boring. It does sound generic now.

But SAW 2 is definitely not boring.

>most dadrock is bullshit

Explain how it is not the consensus already

When did I ever say anything about HCTI

MPP better than STGSTV, Campfire songs, SJ, Hollandigan

CHz is less accessible than MPP tho.

They also released ODDSAC a year after MPP (though they were working on that for a while)

>minus cuckoo cuckoo
Minus the best track?

What don't you like about it? imo it's tied for their best with Campfire Songs

The only reason CHz is less accessible is because it's a gimmick of an album.
It's hard to say that almost anything they've done post ST is avan-garde or experimental.
It's all safe stuff, apart from maybe CHz which was a bomb compared to MPP because it sounded like shit

>pre sung tongs they made genuinely interesting, psychedelic, avant-garde music.
that is you, isn't it?
>STGSTV
that would be avey and panda
>What don't you like about it?
are you fucking kidding it's a mess

for reverend green is the best track tbf senpai

Also if they enjoy anco for MPP they won't enjoy anco for HCTI

>Also if they enjoy anco for MPP they won't enjoy anco for HCTI
except plenty of people do. they just might not appreciate the parts of it that are faux-experimental wankery

dude that's me.
Granted STGSTV was written almost entirely by Avey it's still anco bc he has the biggest part in writing anything else anyway.

What do you prefer? Aggressive shit? Smooth and jazzy? Soulful? Fuck it I'll just give you a medley

Southern grimy hip hop: 8ball & MJG, UGK, Killer Mike
Smooth jazz hop: A Tribe Called Quest, Digable Planets, Main Source
90's horrorcore: Brotha Lynch Hung, Three Six Mafia, Ganksta NIP
Alternative style, conscious rappers: Kool Keith, MF DOOM, CloudDead

Just a sample platter. Let me know more of what you're into so I can break it down more. I definitely think you could find stuff you like

>for rev green

Bingo

If you went directly from MPP to HCTI it would feel like two different bands. I'm not saying people don't like both. I'm saying they're liked for different reasons. MPP has a massively different appeal to HCTI

>it's a mess
Explain why it's a mess. I don't see it that way at all. Everything about it seems incredibly deliberate. I feels like their goal was to have a record that sounded chaotic, like it was bursting from the seams. But it's like, just listen to the way the vocoders mingle with the synths on Infant Dressing Table and the vocal melodies in Panic and tell me that it's a mess.

>parts of it that are faux-experimental wankery
what parts specifically

the fact that two 20 year olds made STGSTV blows my fucking mind

Don't get me wrong, I like For Reverand Green, but Cuckoo Cuckoo is Avey's Voice at it's most emotive imo, despite the screaming in FRG. And the noisiness of the guitars gets me too. The Live at Malta version is great

It's even crazier to think that Avey wrote penny dreadfuls in it's entirety when he was 16

>A lucky child don't know how lucky he IIIIISSSS
> breaks into screaming "for reverend green"
the hardest hitting part of the album imo

both me.

No, I absolutely get that it's got some extremely out there noise pop aspects, and it's not so much that I'm put off, it's more that I'm just not interested, however parts like the second half of Hey Light, Panic, and Two Sails on a Sound just wreak of an amateurish attempt to make generic experimental music. The thing I love about AC is the fact that they weave all the weird shit into their pop songs.

Although Native Belle and Slippi are great

any love for Safer?

when I found out that safer wasn't on the record version I was pretty bummed

Boces > Yerself Is Steam
Ege Bamyasi > Tago Mago
Blue Bell Knoll, Heaven or Las Vegas, Victorialand > Treasure
Jenny Death isn't trash
Strawberry Jam is mediocre
Nowhere is really good and better than Souvlaki
Spirit of Eden > Laughing Stock
The Queen is Dead is the best Smiths album
Objectively rating of music is fucking retarded

A lot of these are the general consensus of everywhere but Sup Forums

>Panic
imo Panic is the climax of the album. The first 3 tracks were building up to it, and it's the head of the traditional/tribal influence that they took

Yeah, Safer is a great track. As much as I like Derek, Safer should have been the closer

Not until now.
This is pretty great so far
How had i never heard of this song.
This should've replaced the last two songs

>I hate music

fuck sake I'll listen again then

Why did a thread for unpopular opinions turn into a AnCo discussion

Anyway, I actually like Yung Lean.

is DOOM really conscious? i love him but i mostly just think of him as being a really fun, alternative, not totally mindless rapper

I definitely think he's conscious. He makes a lot of political statements in his lyrics and uses abstract storytelling to explore deeper issues like on Accordion. Lyrics like "in this world strange is most dangerous occupation" is a comment on the power of conformity. Sure he's more esoteric than say Talib Kweli but his content is certainly there

OP here. What do you think of Jedi Mind Tricks

Welcome to /mu
where ever discussion has to involve kanye, grimes or anco

They were a solid hip hop group when they wanted to be, albeit borderline cringe at time with some more... Radical opinions. But Violent By Design is a good album. Vinnie Paz has some good solo shit too

I like the Psychosocial or whatever it's called album.

Great opinion

Ya that's my second fav. Have you heard Immortal Technique? He was very influenced by them.

I'll fucking delete you from the server bro.

Spot on

Bump

Banshee Beat is an extremely overrated song and not even close to AnCo's best.

I didn't even know it was overrated. I don't really hear it hyped up around here