/grimes/

Discuss the nicest Canadian artist in the music biz, Claire Boucher (aka Grimes).

Leave your opinion on her music.
- What are your thoughts on Medieval Warfare?
- She's only playing at festivals for the rest of her tour. Anyone catching any of these?
- Who would you like to see her collab with?
- Rank/rate her albums
- Post your 10 favorite Grimes songs

>best
>runner-up
>worst
>underrated
>overrated

Video of the day: youtube.com/watch?v=MUTtSzpTKOM

Keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3lLNMbRRCyY
youtube.com/watch?v=3vpPD4vIrBM
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
youtube.com/watch?v=ahnUH7wnW30
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
musictimes.com/articles/21170/20141221/grimes-explains-story-behind-stage-name-claire-boucher-myspace-help.htm
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for grimes has shitty tunes and looks like an armenian transvestites anus

also, related to the video of the day

faceeebookkkkk .com/photo.php?fbid=829056333789881

how much do you think this will be worth in 10 years?

OH LOOK ANOTHER ASTROTURF SHILL THREAD

by who

please tell me who you think would be astroturf shilling for a fucking b-list musician who makes music in her bedroom

Fuck off with these threads, day in and day out.

These threads serve a communal need. Do you want to see Grimes posted on every thread or do you prefer one giant thread for the greatest musician of this century?

>complaining about grimes thread on a grimes board

we can't stop

trips confirm grimes board

suck a pen15, grimes threads are my new family

quick someone buy it

> post your face when you realize there are people who have never experienced introspection while listening to Grimes

How sad must that be?

in the vein of

any more pics of her with this look?

How the fuck can you have a general for a single artist?

how the fuck can you have a general for anything?

someone post the copypasta of what can be found in grimes threads

Because that artist is Grimes. Have you never heard of her?

there are enough fans/haters

probably also because she is also a model so there are tons of photos to dump

I wish she would go on trailer park boys. Maybe as Ricky's new autistic girlfriend now that Lucy's gone.

also because ppl relate to her before she got famous

only when the artist is queen of Sup Forums

Fuck off with your Grimes spam already, jesus christ kill yourselves

Regardless of what you think about Grimes, on her threads you can find:
- good discussion (occasionally really good)
- pics
- memes and pastas
- obvious shitposts and trolling
- hate speech
- youtube links.

They all tend to have a shitload of replies and flamed arguments. They're diverse and entertaining. People that love her or love to hate her, they all enjoy posting non-stop about one of the best artists of the decade.

Drink bleach

Suck a pen15

- Post your 10 favorite Grimes songs
REALiTi
Oblivion
Symphonia IX
Rosa
Be a Body
Artangels
Flesh Without Blood
Devon
Venus in Fleurs
Circumambient

It doesn't surprise me that someone who likes Grimes would respond to me like an 8 year old.

get em!

Thx for posting my pasta. It's pretty funny I guess.

fuck off alex!

dieeeee

CANCER
A
N
C
E
R

Hang yourself please

mods should start banning trolls and no one who adds to discussion

btw AA>Visions

Grimes will die one day

These threads go fast

+ Jerking Off

youtube.com/watch?v=3lLNMbRRCyY

>discussion

Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die

youtube.com/watch?v=3vpPD4vIrBM

You'll die first

i will give her my life so that she could live longer

They're like a big family.

Grimes is the exception. It's all there

This explains eeverything:

GRIMES PROFILE

>Full name:
Claire Elise Boucher

>Born:
17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

>Origin:
Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent

>Instruments:
Vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
Singer, songwriter, producer, sound engineer, lyricist, live performer, visual artist, music video director & editor, dancer, model

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
youtube.com/watch?v=ahnUH7wnW30
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- had some troubles in the past: drugs, 2 friends died because of overdosing drugs, sexual assault, shitty jobs, the professor who got her into a music program killed himself
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

Grimes is like a lot of different artists combined into one. Each and everyone of us has its own favourite Grimes, but at the end of the day, they are all Grimes. People of all nations unite in these threads to show some love for the best artist of the decade.
Grimes is not just an artist, she is our universal language.

Regarding that meme pic: do you realize that you'll die too? You also posted ITT.

I would destroy her enemies, but everyone loves her!

>last scrobble in 2007

hwew

>discussion
Actually yes. I've seen more discussion in Grimes threads than on most Sup Forums threads. If you trolls would stay away from them, it would be even better.

Yes, Mexico here.

Sadly, she gave up scrobbling. She started having a shitty life for a while until she found some success with her music.

People of all nations, races, genders, whatever love her. Music is truly the universal language.

>took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace

that's kind of a weird . wonder why she stuck with it

this, they played her music at the olympics to pump up people during gymnastics

Maybe she just got used to it in the same way you would pick an username and get used to it.

Anyway, here's the detailed story:

>"On myspace ur genre could be grime and u could have 3 genres so i was plural grime, b4 knowing what grime was," she tweeted. "I was originally too embarased of this story so i told journalists i was named after frank grimes, who is also very cool. Or wait, no i said i was named after someone else named grimes argh, -- see this is why you shouldnt lie to journalists."

>i was originally too embarased of this story so i told journalists i was named after frank grimes, who is also very cool

>i was very please to discover that i actually loved grime music

musictimes.com/articles/21170/20141221/grimes-explains-story-behind-stage-name-claire-boucher-myspace-help.htm

Take a gander and you'll find out.

some people were saying on myspace that she was making grime, so she believed that

>Clearly doesn't realize it's a reference...

It's true, though.

That's actually how Claire insulted a troll on instagram, lmao. What a foooool this user is...

This shit thread is almost worse than moe = emo threads. I hope it goes the same way and dies.

No problem. I am collecting all good grimes pastas.

For a long time I had this theory: the impossibility of a female Kurt Cobain. What he represents, leaning against the system and yet supported by consumers, there was no woman in the world that could command the masses so utterly. The music industry wouldn't let her. This thing I've been stewing about since I saw Grimes play to 20 people in 2011, and started reading her Tumblr, and then really starting feeling when "Oblivion" came out, is that Claire is the closest thing we have to a female Kurt Cobain, smart enough to understand the system but righteous enough to wall-jump away from it. But also, interestingly, what an inversion her approach is to Kurt's. His pose was anti-establishment, her pose is post-structural. He was rigorous, she is always looking outward, game for genre-experimentation and hilarity. I feel like even if I don't like her music, and I do so far, I will always feel like she's several steps ahead of me, several books ahead of me, and that makes me feel really fucking good. Anyone who gives her grief about anything can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

As sickeningly hyperbolic as this sounds, I really can't fault you for saying it - bravo, user.

Yes. It used to be that these threads (like most others on /mu) needed constant trolling in order to stay afloat. No longer - trolls, you served your purpose. Now kindly stay put under your bridges.

Actually some trolls ignited some serious musical debates, besides bumping the threads.

typical garbage electro pop made for the socially inept, enjoy it for the next year before it goes into obscurity

Oddly enough, this isn't the first time I've heard someone draw (positive) comparisons between her and Kurt Cobain ('twas irl, too.)

>ywn have a deep convo with grimes
why are we here... just to suffer?

>being this delusional
Grimes is popular here since 2012 and became extra popular after she released Art Angels in late 2015. Do you really think she's going to fade away just like that? Prepare for at least 10 years of intense discussions, assuming she will release more albums.

Well... I guess that makes Owen Pallett a fan:
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/

He's indeed a fan.

post >yfw you get that chance it turns out grimes is as shallow as they come

blonde grimes is the best grimes

Grimes, shallow? Nah

I like her new haircut. It suits her very well.

this is the best grimes
the "cool" grimes

The underappreciated Grimes.

indeed

THE QUEEN OF Sup Forums

can confirm

though
military > braids > black

>military
what?

In 2010 when she released both Geidi Primes & Halfaxa very few knew about her. Just 2 years later and she became the music press's darling. Grimes has this special gift of being consistently great, from the saddest songs like Shadout Mapes to the most euphoric and energetic songs like Kill V. Maim. A song for every mood.

>this person is the same one who denied being a fucking nerd
wew lad

No doubt about it.

when she used that hoodie and other with stolen valor

That reminds me of that pasta with her being made in an Asian factory or something.

lmao ranks aren't valor and seeing as it was a Wehrmacht shirt i dont think anybody gives a rats ass.

she finally got the crystall ball video deleted?

this too

- Rank/rate her albums
Lethe - 7
Geidi Primes - 8.5
Halfaxa - 8
Visions - 10
Darkbloom - 8
Art Angels - 9.5

>playing music and selling hot dogs
2 in 1, savvy businesswoman

>tofu hotdogs

EWWW I hate her now