Rolling stones top 100 albums from the 90s

rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-best-albums-of-the-nineties-20110427

Take a look at that shit.

Of course you can already know which one is 1st place before opening the article.

Rolling stones somehow keeps finding new ways to dickride Cobain with every article they write.

Reminder Rolling stones once said Kurt Cobain was a better guitarrist than Frank Zappa, Michael Angelo Batio, Neil Young and Eric Clapton.

Jesus. He was certainly proficient, but better than any of those guys, no way. I can understand why they suck his dick so much, since Nirvana spearheaded the last big (popular) movement of rock, but this is a bit much.

>profficient
>used the same 3 chords throughout an entire album

Explain

Friendly reminder that RS gave the Montage of Heck compilation 4/5 stars when everyone else panned it.

>Neil Young
Let's not act like Young's some guitar giant either.

>no Built to Spill
>Bee Thousand all the way down at 79

>no cowboys from hell

TMT liked it too.

Sup Forums somehow keeps finding new ways to hate Cobain even though they were clearly the most mainstream rock bands of the decade

Did they ever get shit for getting Hendrix's birthyear wrong on his memorial cover?

>confusing the rolling stones with rolling stone

dude artists like Suicide, Spacemen 3, Steve Reich are famous for their repetition, why would using the same 3 chords be a negative thing

KEK

I mean this list is fucking awful top-40 rock radio garbage

why do they even bother having two Pavement records on top 20 lmao

just put in limp bizkit or something

Repetition is one thing. Using the same 3 chords over and over again is another.

Holy shit, there is so much stuff wrong with that Top 100 I could make a giant list of all the shit in it.

Rolling Stones also said "Originality has never been Zappa's strong point."

lol

not that bad for a shit magazine - sorta predictable

obviously well below my elevated taste

radiohead fags on this board are triggerd lol

what the actual fuck

This, and:
>no Modest Mouse
>no Spiritualized
>no Elliott Smith
>no Neutral Milk Hotel
>no Nick Cave

If only this was a bait... Jesus fucking christ

>91. The Pixies, 'Bossanova'
>The Pixies
>The

>wah why won't they cater to my indie tastes and sensibilities
It's an alright list.

it's actually not that different from the one pitchfork put out in the early 00s... pitchfork hid that shit, believe it or not

>debut fiona apple album over her sophomore release
>no tori amos anywhere

shit list

I've read that list and it's even more tryhard indie-fuck than the updated one. Fucking Heatmiser kek

Dear "ROLLING STONE" writers and editors,
Cocaines a hell of a drug,
Kek....

>Moby
closed the tab

yep

it was really entry level embryo stuff sprinkled with matador records promo material, top level kek desu

this. I don't know why people are hating on the Roling Stones when they know exactly what they are going to get out of it.

not as bad as i though it'd be desu still pretty bad

>Putting Loveless this low
Ouch.

>38. Loveless
>Ctrl + F "Sunny Day Real Estate"
>0 hits

into my ass it goes

rolling stone has never been a decent publication; they are literally the worst music media site, way worse than pitchfork (which is pretty hard to do)

this article was posted 5 years ago. why do you feel this is content worth discussing?

EVERYONE IS FORGETTING

This is wrong. I would say that the black keys were the last big movement of rock music

They couldn't even slot this at 90-100. Jesus.

>lots of classic, deserving albums
>lots of questionable picks
>lots of glaring omissions
It's almost like every list ever.

Pandering to the boomers. You expected less?

this album is kindof a piece of shit desu

No

Codeine is much, much better

it's not a full on piece of shit

just a bit of a dingleberry

miseducation of lauryn hill is fucking gash

>implying anyone has ever listened to bridges to babylon
>sleaterally-whokinney's call the doctor is the 49th best album of the decade
>still pretending that post-80s madonna is good and that ray of light is some kind of important artistic milestone
>rage against the machine somehow made not one but two of the greatest albums of the nineties
>sublime

>this music magazine that appeals to average people that aren't Sup Forumstants doesn't list the things I like