DUDE LSITEN TO THIS IN MONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT ALBUM I SWEAR

>DUDE LSITEN TO THIS IN MONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT ALBUM I SWEAR
It sounds exactly the same though? What am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HIZICJQxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why would it be better in mono in the first place?

Apparently The Beatles only cared about the mono recordings, so technically the mono mix is how it's "supposed to sound", but honestly Sgt. Pepper's doesn't sound that different. Now Revolver, that album's stereo mix is fucking atrocious so I get why you would listen to that in mono.

ah, makes sense

are you listening on headphones or speakers?

the stereo Sgt. Peppers mix isn't that bad either, compared to some of the other stereo beatles

I genuinely hate all beatles stereo mixing. Vocals only in right channel and instruments in left was because stereo was sort of a 'fad' at the time and they didn't know how to use it. Gives me a headache to be honest. It doesn't sound 'different' like everyone says, there are just some instruments and lines a little louder in the mono mixing.

what about the white album stereo mix? i heard that its the first they were involved in, havent listened myself though.

the mixing on the white album is really weird, but interesting. What it likes to do usually is have one ear with the main instruments, primary vocals in the middle, and background instruments and vocals in the other ear. It sounds kinda interesting, and is significantly better than the earlier stuff, but I still prefer the mono mixing.

(I don't mean to sound really pretentious with this it's just that I find mixing interesting)

>the white album is really weird, but interesting
That describes the album as a whole. It's like a TMR Beatles album.

It's the same album, but I find the hard panning in the stereo mix so distracting

absolutely agree. all it does is make it more difficult to listen to the music

It's funny how Sgt Pepper's cover is the one where The Beatles went all-out to make it look good/interesting yet it's the most aesthetically unpleasing of their album covers.

>Vocals only in right channel and instruments in left was because stereo was sort of a 'fad' at the time and they didn't know how to use it. Gives me a headache to be honest.

One of my favorite songs of all time is seriously guilty of that, but in most cases? yeah, it really is one of my biggest pet peeves in music.

m8 you can't say that and NOT tell us which song it was.

I thought the whole draw of Eleanor Rigby was the stereo thing?

Nopidee nope nope.

I like the cover for the White Album a lot because it's almost like there isn't even an album at all, which is great when it comes to the Beatles

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HIZICJQxo

I have to disagree with you there. I really love how the album cover looks. That might just be because I watched Yellow Submarine nonstop as a kid and it reminds me of that.

man I enjoy the song but the mixing is really annoying. Sorry.

Those are the remasters though.
I've listened to original release Beatles stereo albums on headphones and it doesn't sound like the remasters.

No Beatles album was mixed in stereo until The White album, anything else is a remaster of some kind.

why would the remasters be so shitty with the mixing then?

I don't know if this is correct, a quick google search indicates the opposite, and I've heard a lot, so I don't know.

Probably in a quest to create as crystal clear a sound as possible they had a retard moment and thought that hard panning would make a statement of "woah listen to how well you can hear each instrument lol"

Since I was raised on the stereo remaster mixes I'm more than used to it, and personally it doesn't get too ridiculous until Revolver. Taxman in stereo is a nightmare.

Some of the stereo versions aren't bad. The first 3 albums had almost no hard panning and almost sound mono at times, even with headphones.

true, I just don't listen to much early beatles

I've always thought that this was the reason.