>prog rock
Have you heard Close to the Edge?

>metal
Any kind of metal in particular?

nope, ill give it a try

>most electronic music

death metal mostly

i dont mind sludge

you look everything but country music, you mean you like the old country music but not that shit on the radio xD :D benis XDDDD

this

There's one cure for you rmetal dislike...

youtube.com/watch?v=1mjlM_RnsVE

>crunkcore

For metal Ive been listening to Type O Negative lately even though im not huge on the genre and enjoy it

Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin got me into electronic music. What are your opinions of them?

>death metal

youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM

here you go. i generally don't like metal with the exception of sludge and stoner/doom stuff, but Cloudkicker makes me rock hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=1N5AJxxL8hA

Not him, but I couldn't get into Close to the Edge. The instrumentals were too bright and sugary (if that makes sense) and I can't stand Jon Anderson's voice.

Haven't listened to them, but I've heard good things about Music Has the Right to Children. Good place to start?

Music Has the Right to Children if you're ready for the weirds, personally I found The Campfire Headphase to be more accessible. Others would probably disagree.

> metal
Try Yob and Harvey Milk for doom/sludge metal. Try Nails for super noisey modern post-posthardcore.

>Prog rock and metal for me
Lets try both;

youtube.com/watch?v=aMorAdnCixg

youtube.com/watch?v=gw-6IIBXNSQ

youtube.com/watch?v=LYDiW7B65qQ

This is for you, my dude

youtube.com/watch?v=XI2lnbZHPWE

youtube.com/watch?v=xxPZqdFlmQ4

youtube.com/watch?v=OuOhBbaY3ns

Sweet, I'll check it out. Thanks for the rec.

MHTR is a great place to start. Make sure you check out the Beautiful Place EP as well.

As far as Aphex Twin goes, Selected Ambient works 85-92 is a great place to start. After that give the Richard D James album a go.

My favorite albums from the two are Geogaddi and drukQs but you might want to get into some of their other work first.

If you like what you hear, check out Autechre, Jon Hopkins, and Biosphere

emo

Noise rock

songs about fucking does nothing for me, though i'm gonna get drunk as shit tonight and I might give it another go then

I've listened to a lot of the prog and metal albums people have said are amazing and couldn't enjoy any of them so I kind of gave up on those genres.

Beyond that, I enjoy pretty much everything except country and jazz.

Give me recs pls.

American Football
Brand New
Marietta - as it were

I don't know much noise rock at all and I'm not into rock music but I enjoy melt banana (the vocals grow on you) and lightning bolt so check them out

american football is what turned me off of emo in the first place, but i'm kinda digging this brand new shit so far

try tool, they're accessible and a decent enough representation for both genres.

what dont you like about it? it would be helpful to get you into it

I wasn't digging the vocal styles or the lyrics that I didn't identify with. I don't think it expresses any real pain, it's just math rock for pussies

BUT i'm listening to Brand New - Deja Entendu and i'm actually fucking loving it. I don't know how authentic it is though, I'm using american football as reference for what pure emo is.

Black Flag's My War is one of my favorite albums, and that's what i was expecting emo to be based off of. needless to say american football was a bit of a let down in that respect

Avante Garde, Rap

american football is a lot chiller and meme-ier than most emo. and pussy-lyrics are an essential part of the genre.

if you want punkier emo with better vocals try sunny day real estate

youtube.com/watch?v=gAotWVmVRS4

I feel like I could grow to like the pussy lyrics in time.

A lot of the aesthetic I get from emo is suburban life and nostalgia feels, and I can totally dig that

jazz, post-rock, psychedelic, edm,

>I GEEEEETTT UUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>I GEEEEETTT DOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
b-but close to the edge is beautiful :(

Post-rock, noise rock, punk, modern country, trap

>Prog
Camembert Electrique?
Close to the Edge?
Red? (or King Crimson in general)
Per Un Amico?
Selling England by the Pound?

anderson's voice is fucking goat but okay mane

open yo mind, if you want catchier and heavier with less sugar, try The Yes Album

>Camembert Electrique

patrician detected

>Rap
I know that these are essentials but have you heard 36 Chambers? Low End Theory?

what dont you like about noise rock and punk? I could help with those

>DY-NA-MITE DY-NA-MITE DY-NA-MITE
>I am you fanTAAASYYYYEEEEEEEEEE
>IIIIII've beeeeeein high beeefoooooreeeee

country

rap, beyond hip-hop or pop rap including gansta rap. like I dig on wu tang and NWA and blackolicious.

female acoustic coffeehouse

No.

mayne thank you so much for this brand new shit

I love it

this thread has one convert

I find noise rock to be boring and punk to never be able to captivate me with its melodies or energy.

If you like aggressive flows then go with 36 chambers (they have an angry tone imo, they got me into rap) if you're into funky flows and nice jazzy instrumentals go with low end theory, if you're not sure, go with low end theory

Death
youtube.com/watch?v=0Whd1nhAXbA&list=PLrDTYDNjqnupMj-KyTSfXHJApqAGhpQbd
Deicide
youtube.com/watch?v=W9s6e9-LWg8&list=PLpS07jp1KCEqayMnr_cPaDbSEvYUI5oxr
Atheist
youtube.com/watch?v=DnUZ5xpcKHw
Obituary
youtube.com/watch?v=2fSnDUhpZIA
youtube.com/watch?v=GXu0HmseAKs

That should get you started

>post-rock
Listen to talk talk's last two albums, Godspeed you black emperor, and disco inferno's discography

>psychedelic
What psych albums have you heard?

>edm
Not a thing

im not well versed in post rock but i can give other recs

Jazz
youtube.com/watch?v=kbxtYqA6ypM
youtube.com/watch?v=xr0Tfng9SP0

Psychedelic
youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY
youtube.com/watch?v=pFptt7Cargc

Edm
youtube.com/watch?v=bWzbPqUSw-A

my main problem with post rock is I love good lyrics so even though I do like some instrumental music, an entire album thats just instruments bores me.

>an entire album thats just instruments bores me
In that case, may I recommend a different hobby other than music. Maybe film would be more your taste.

>it's baby still hasn't learned all of boyzone's oeuvre, and now begs for help when it's too late already for him and his boyfriends-episode.

>metal
Have you heard od skillet???

Crywank, lmao.

youtube.com/watch?v=cHqr_CaiKZY

I dislike noiserock