youtube.com/watch?v=FY8SwIvxj8o
youtube.com/watch?v=9BFbY9Vw8DM
youtube.com/watch?v=qjHjm5sRqSA
youtube.com/watch?v=OM8NqHzQ6i0
youtube.com/watch?v=uTUP4ET2IE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nationalism is at an all time low

Define country.

I'm a country fan and each person I've shown Hank Williams to, regardless of race, age, etc, has liked him.

Yeah I'm sure that's it user

Their musicians are not very open to experimentations, which results in a formulaic and bland genre.

The country-pop rise of the 90s and 2000s gave the genre and its tradition a bad name with a low-quality, formulaic style.

This is the correct answer.

Old country has a negative epithet with kids in that it's too wholesome while stadium country is viewed as poppy and formulaic. You can't win. Here's some Blaze Foley~
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_2CUj3y6Y

this

youtube.com/watch?v=FY8SwIvxj8o

Pretty much this. There are many country artists with insane amounts of talent, but nobody is really pushing the genre forward.

Rednecks and Southerners in general

This

It was better before Garth Brooks and the like. Whip out your Willy and share that more often; people tend to like the older stuff.

These all have merit, not to mention modern bro-country is written by retarded inbred hick fucks, for an audience of retarded inbred hick fucks.

Sounds embarrassing and awkward to non-English speakers, for one.

>written by retarded inbred hick fucks, for an audience of retarded inbred hick fucks.
pretty much this. it's stupid, stereotype-perpetuating garbage that's made for people who are too stupid to think for themselves.

but i should also point out that country is actually statistically one of the most liked genres of music op

>crunkcore

Commie detected

people who don't know who the carter family or jimmie rodgers are who talk shit about country music should throw themselves off a bridge
the genesis of popular music as we know it, everything from hendrix to cohen to your precious animal collectives wouldn't exist without it

i think you mean blues. either way i don't think anyone is shit talking OG country. it's just the formulaic, uninspired modern radio crap that's awful

you have to go back

no, i don't mean blues buddy
though i don't expect anyone around here to have the sense to realize folk blues gospel jazz and country all used to mean the same damn thing
youtube.com/watch?v=9BFbY9Vw8DM
youtube.com/watch?v=qjHjm5sRqSA
youtube.com/watch?v=OM8NqHzQ6i0

Like it isn't written by jews like the rest of radio music.

idk who it's written by, but the formula and lyrical content are definitely a construction of the US hegemony

Jimmie Rodgers was actually considered just as much a blues artists as he was a "hillbilly" artist back in the day.

Yes and Charlie Patton was considered a country artist
Though that's kind of what I was arguing in my post to begin with. American traditional music wasn't always evaluated with such stringent terms

Metal is worse.

(not true, by the way)

t. 13 year old

I hate this comedian, but he hits home for why.

youtube.com/watch?v=uTUP4ET2IE0

It's just, bland. And it's the same. And you could say that for every genre, but it's more hardcore with country.

t. 13 year old

t. 13 year old

orange you glad i didn't say t. 13 year old?;^)

ROFL

You didn't catch the pun, friends

FFFUUUUCK i just realized i missed a great opportunity to use this image. just pretend that i used this for this last post instead of this one

a huge gap in culture. to a country fan, the machismo in rap, the moppiness in grunge, the edginess in metal, etc. probably sound just as ridiculous as the tropes in country. most media companies are based in cities, where southern culture is foreign and looked down upon.

>edginess in metal

dude....

Basically this, most people can't really relate to torn denim jeans and a good ole pickup truck. I actually have pretty rural upbringings and cringe at most modern pop-country

There are diamonds in the rough like pic related though, a 9/10 for me

I also grew up in the country, and hate modern country music. It just doesn't speak to my actual experiences growing up. I never stole cigarettes out of my mom's purse to smoke with my girlfriend, I didn't like whiskey until I was in my 20s, I never liked trucks (bad fuel economy), and I don't like hunting.

Rural life for me was more about the freedom to do literally whatever I wanted on my parent's property, the ability to discover animals and plants without going anywhere, and having to make my own fun. People are more religious out in the rural areas, and you can be open about feeling sympathetic to the Confederates if you feel that way. Also, dial-up internet until 2006 and terrible cell reception.

>There are diamonds in the rough like pic related though, a 9/10 for me
The term diamonds in the rough implies that an album like TVZ's s/t is rather uncommon in country music. It's really not, the entire Progressive/Outlaw Country movement is filled with albums similar to that one.

because the instrumentals sound formulaic

>implying the same can't be said for 95% of mainstream rock, pop and hip-hop

lon gboy