Daily reminder this is the best hip hop album of all time

Daily reminder this is the best hip hop album of all time

>white
>instrumental

one of like two meme albums that's actually good

It's the best album of all time period.

I like 70% of the tracks but it just doesn't do it for me as a whole. Definitely the best hip hop album I've ever listened to although that might just be because he's not black.

This album is boring as fuck.

You're trying so hard lol kys desu senpai.

Endtroducing is inconsistent AF.

Now if every track were as good as Changeling, I'd agree.

>You're trying so hard
>from the guy who is typing like a 15 year old who just found Sup Forums

you need to listen to it more

good album but no

this is very obviously a bait thread but everyone post 10/10 hip hop albums white black artist doesn't matter

endtroducing is like a 8/10

I've heard it 20 times. It's not gonna get any better.

Prince Paul deserves more respect t b h. He's better than Madlib imo.

double dubs confirmed truth

endtroducing is less consistent then donuts and donuts has like 31 tracks lmao

modern classic is pic related, pinata > madvillany imo even tho madvillany is another 10/10

ehhhh once you reach a certain level of musical greatness there isn't any way to objectivley compare artists (even though thats hard AF as is since music is an incredibly subjective artform, at most you can only ever just be honest about how the music apeals to your unique aesthetic taste). In my eyes prince paul deserves more respect, but I think that time will reveal this album to the masses just like time did moby dick and other great works of art.

posting another classic 10/10

never personally cared for this one but people will get lynched if i don't so i'm gonna post this 10/10 for safety purposes

can anyone help give me some context or something so I can appreciate this album more?

Literally the most forgettable album I've ever heard

It's the Seinfeld of Hip Hop. While you can certainly appreciate what is so good about it, it's effect is diminished because it set the precedent for virtually every hip hop project that followed.

to each their own i suppose. What was your problem with the album, did it just not grab you? Cause I remember I listened to it once, put it down for a few days, listened to it again, decided it was overrated. Then about 4 months later I pick it up and go for a walk and it just preceded to blow me away each time I listened to it for the next month. It still sounds fresh to me today even though I've played the fuck out of it for the last 4 months
so as a modern hip-hop listener it's harder to appreciate essentially because It's become so gentrified? Or is it like GKMC and it's just a pretty good album that's been overhyped for so long that it feels lacking in comparison

this for me is the most emotionally moving hip-hop album. It also shows the most restraint, it feels more like a hip-hop composition than a collection of tracks

if you don't like this album you are an insecure white faggot desu

best 2pac album easily

>all this dadrap

dreams>memes

best kanye album

dre dre dre

incredibly underrated classic right here

Fuck you I watched all of Seinfeld for the first time this year and it was fantastic.

now this is a good answer

suga free and quik stay slept on

It was released in the middle of the West Coast g-funk era, when California rappers like Dre and Snoop dominated the scene and East Coast hip hop was essentially dead. Nas put New York back on the map with Illmatic. Instead of imitating the style of West Coast rappers at the time, he focused on complex lyricism and jazz-inspired beats. This obviously weren't new ideas to hip-hop, but Illmatic was the first album to reach critical acclaim using these techniques. It influenced a whole new era of gansta rap. Almost all East Coast rappers after Illmatic, even if they weren't creatively influenced by Illmatic, must give the album partial credit for their success, because Nas gave New York rappers a national audience.

The most important thing I can say you can do to "gain an appreciation" for this album is to listen to the music that was coming out at the time. The Chronic and Doggystyle are staples. Listen for the differences in style, and put yourself into the mindset of a hip hop listener during the 1990s. It makes it easy to see how Illmatic could be considered one of the greatest albums of all time.

thanks. I'm really coming back around and listening to late 80s early 90s west coast shit, so maybe It's becoming close to the time where illmatic will finally strike a chord with me

So was illmatic. Don't think you understand

I'm 100% sure theres a black guy on the cover to fool the public into think DJ shadow was black and give him some street cred

Is there such a thing as romantic/ambient hip hop? I think that's a field where the genre has more potential.

How was the new DJ Shadow even?

My personal favorites:
Modal Soul
Blue Scholars
Liquid Swords
Illmatic

I generally don't give a fuck about west coast rap

The new album was just okay, nothing special. The Private Press and In Tune and On Time are both fantastic releases that get slept on super hard around here if you're looking for more shadow though.

Lol that's not pic related.

pic related, Kid Loco - A Grand Love Story
Aether - Artifacts
Charles Hamilton - Awkwardstrumentals

Don't know about ambient outside of ambient lighing so can't help you on that

that isn't Ridin' Dirty