Hi Sup Forums, this is my first time posting on this board. I need help picking out an acoustic guitar...

Hi Sup Forums, this is my first time posting on this board. I need help picking out an acoustic guitar. I'm a small guy (5'2),
I did some research in the last 2 days just reading about guitars and it turns out (unsurprisingly) there is a lot more factors than I first imagined.
I would love to eventually play songs like these:

youtube.com/results?search_query=nier song of the ancietn

youtube.com/watch?v=zacUcCCOoRw

So some factors I think I've settled on are
6 Steel stings

Budget is obviously a limiting factor here, I would be comfortable with around $300. I've read about how you should start with a cheap one and as you play more you get to know what you like more then you can buy better ones but I don't really want to waste money on cheap guitars when I can just buy a decent one to play for many years to come.

So size wise is someone I need help on. I read that dreadnought give really good, deep, resonating sound but I think it maybe too big for me. But at the same time smaller guitars don't give that good sound. So somewhere in the middle? I heard many professionals use 3/4(?)

Yamaha APX500

Is this the one?
Price is in AUS so ignore that.
No where on the pages tells me whether it's full size (dreadnought) or not. How do i tell?

>I'm a small guy (5'2)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA pathetic

Go to a music store and try a bunch of different sized guitars out, ya dingus.

what's the difference between 500II and 500III?
Also both of them have a pickup system where you can plug it into an amplifier or something right? I don't think I will ever need that so are there any guitars that is the same but without the pickup system so it's cheaper?

I live in a small town, no musical stores here so my only option is online.

imo your first guitar can be anything
plenty of people have learnt to play on pieces of crap that were too big or too small or had a bad sound
just buy a cheap standard 6 string guitar, learn to play it and when you can actually use it, buy a better one using your knowledge of how the old one was a piece of shit
coolio?

meet some guitarists
go to music shops
touch up as many guitars as you can to learn which ones you like

Go to a big town

this

australian import regulations and prices are just complete jokes
find one that won't bankrupt you OP

how far's your nearest big town

about 2 hour flight

good lord

I can't even see any online sellers any acoustics, even used ones, for less than 100 AUS which is a bit ridiculous

have you got some kind of online charity shop thing or exchanger like GumTree?
I'm sure someones gotta have an old guitar they dont want any more

tfw 7"1

The thing with gumtree is I'm don't know anything about guitars. (complete noob) so I don't know if I'm getting ripped off or not. With new guitars at least I know there won't be any faults. Besides I just had a quick look and they aren't that cheap either. all around $100+ and mostly out of my state even so if I'm paying for shipping it easily goes over $150 which at that price I might as well just go for safe and buy a new one.

damn, thats pretty frustrating
I can see why you'd want to be sure of what you're getting then
it's really down to personal preference though
so if you don't know what you want, you won't know what you don't want either so just get a standard new acoustic and you should be fine

>I'm a small guy
You mean boy don't you? Playing guitar in high school just to get pussy isn't really that simple mate.

>$300
>decent

>mfw tall people die sooner because their heart has to pump blood so much harder and farther

I mean, being 6'3" is nice but they say every inch over 5'9" takes two years off your life. That's why you don't see any really tall 70-year-olds.

read the rest of the thread

Piano has gotten me a lot more sex than guitar has.

might be about how and where you play each one though

>but they say every inch over 5'9" takes two years off your life.

they are fucking retarded

There's a general for this Look at Yamaha and Seagull in Australia.

>Price is in AUS
AUD*

Do yourself a favor and get one with the cut away.

I hate having to put down my acoustic guitar and pick up my electric just to play higher than the 12th fret.

THE ABSOLTE MADWOMAN
2 METERS BOYS

>5'2
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Save yourself the trouble and just kill yourself.

what do you play on piano and guitar?

Lol wtf is this really an issue for you? It's not like you're constantly playing above the 12th on and acoustic anyways. Plus you can just adjust and teach your hand how to play without a cutaway