Is RYM the most autistic place on the internet?

Is RYM the most autistic place on the internet?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/SellMeAGod/why_i_rate__a_word_about_thee_benefits_of_a_positive_rating_model/
rateyourmusic.com/~misanthropygod
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1.0
>okay
the fuck is this?

>3.0
>all time favourite
>5.0
>Best listen

What the fuck is the point of having 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5? Slightly better all time favourites?

>no 5.0 ratings

Someone please convince me that this isn't the stupidest way of thinking. Give me one good reason, please.

some people just take that shit too seriously its sad

I guess it's the mentality that nothing is perfect but considering it isnt a 1-100 scale or something like that im sure it would be perfectly fine to round a 9.8 to a 10 or whatever.

5.0 would be endgame perfect ultimate music experience, that won't ever happen at least on a objective level..

Useful if you want to keep track of what you've listened to, listening to shit in order and especially for tagging your music. You might as well rate the album while you're at it, makes redownloading music easier when your computer inevitably crashes.

no, Sup Forums is

a positive rating system

it's not an objective scale

music is subjective

I love how 16 years old who don't know shit rate classic composers with 1.5 stars and some random japanese ambient band with 5 stars.

It's so epic

If everyone rated albums objectively on RYM, there would be no point to RYM in the first place.

people complaining about these scales are the actual autists. who cares what this random person wants to set his numbers to

Stay mad fag

I'm only mad when their ratings affect the average. Fuck outta here with your 2.0 = bullshit.

what's wrong? one can't enjoy ambient more than classical? what does that even mean "random"?
i hate avant teens but people like you are fucking cancer.

IIRC users with rating conventions like these carry little to no weight against the site average rating of a release

Still better than pretending to like something just to impress some random people on the internet.

Boldfaure put your trip back on

i want to see some of those profiles

here is where everything started
rateyourmusic.com/list/SellMeAGod/why_i_rate__a_word_about_thee_benefits_of_a_positive_rating_model/

~SellMeAGod ruined RYM

This guy is a giant faggot.

SellMeAGod is old news
rateyourmusic.com/~misanthropygod

I really do hope that these people are baiting.

I just really can't understand how some people can hate so much music that they give a 1/10 to everything.

They literally just deflate their scales, it's like the exact opposite of IGN, everything except 1 and 2/10 is good in their opinion which makes no sense

look at his 0.5s, he just picks an artist and rates their whole discography as 0.5. that's bullshit

he's either trolling or just a massive faggot

I dislike this type of rating system because it brings down the average

see

Ratings are based on opinion, stop falling for the "objective" meme. If you never give anything 5 stars you essentially aren't using a 5 star scale.

why the fuck does this autist only spell the as "thee" and your as "yr"?

He thinks it looks cool

who the fuck cares about the average though?

It makes me sad to see my favourite albums stuck with a lower rating for no good reason

FUCKING GODDAMMIT EVERY TIME HE WRITES "THEE" I ELONGATE THE WORD IN MY HEAD FUCK THIS AUTISTIC FAGGOT

it's not true bye the way