VINYL

Recent purchases and discussion. Also, how did I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

lordcernunnos.bandcamp.com/album/death-cap-drones
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well

It's finally here.

Nice one man, How much was it?

I recently got the Hotline Miami soundtrack in the mail.

i got these a couple days ago, spent like a hundred on them at run for cover records

awesome scores OP minus the memewie

Nabbed dis lil chugga

Some of my recent finds from the past few weeks.

This is good. I rarely see any Tangerine Dream around here, and if I do, it's usually overpriced.

Less than $20 iirc

it was actually surprisingly cheap. Btw is that the Faust Tapes

It is, also I didn't know it had this cool mindfuck picture on the back before I got the vinyl.

was it expensive

I recently got a Klark Kent 10" on green vinyl. It was like $10.
Will post pics if interested.

Only five euros, but it's VG.

what's VG

Havent posted here in forever
heres some shit i picked up in the last couple months.

I mean the very good record grading. There are a couple of audible scratches, but it's mostly in good condition.

nice. btw how does it compare to the rest of their discography? I love s/t and IV but i haven't given this a shot yet.

I ordered it off his website but accidentally sent it to an old address. He said he'd send it to my current address if he ever gets it back, but something tells me that it's either lost in the mail or stolen by the current residents of my old house.

Lord Cernunnos / Ronzilla - Death Cap Drones

ambient / dark ambient / drone

The case on it is huge, I put it next to another tape for comparison

lordcernunnos.bandcamp.com/album/death-cap-drones

nice melvins, how do they sound? hoping to get the fancy art editions at their show

This was the last copy of Pink at my record store, so glad I got it.

Nice Melvins stuff, I need to get some of there stuff.

Jelly af.

is that a signed copy of TGM?

You could've made a change of address. I had to suddenly move once while I was expecting packages, I put in a change of address and eventually got the stuff. They held one package for like a month then delivered it, and the other ones went back to the senders (but I know them personally so was easy to get them resent).

They sound really great but im pissed that they announced the fancy covers after i had already bought these ones. Im gonna be missing out on this tour anyway.

I know, but the PayPal account I used didn't have my name on the shipping address, I made it for something else but have ended up using it as a personal account.

Why are these kinds of threads the biggest circle jerk ones in Sup Forums? Not judging, but just wondering.

i wouldn't sweat on that too much unless you're a hardcore collector since the fancy ones are really expensive. i bought the original pressings not too long before they announced the reissues too so that kinda sucked
recently bought a senile animal off discogs which is another expensive one but the packaging is pretty killer

I have only listened to the S/T and this one. Both are good, the tapes is supposedly just random bits of music they had, so it's not trying to paint a scene like the S/T.

I have this, got it for $1 in Hoboken

I just got a Senile Animal too, how much was yours?

That's what mine looks like. Is it green?

How good are the Björk releases on vinyl?

Crap, just noticed this is a vinyl thread, I wondered why there was no tapes and CDs

hmm

Afraid not

nice, i got the other 3 melvins albums too. $80 sealed, seller listed it as the clear blue variant but stated it could be different since it's sealed.
how much was yours and what color?

Aw man, still cool though

Thanks my player won't do 10" so I'm on 7" mode jamming to it now

How do you guys take off dust and paper particles from vinyl before playing it? I got some brush but it doesn't do shit anymore.

is it true that the new 4AD repressings of RHP sound like crap? I was tempted to buy Down Colorful Hill but I dunno.

About the same i think, i dont remember.
I got it used from my local store, which also had Nude with Boots
They had a sale going on for 30% off used shit so i lucked the fuck out. I think i paid less than $100 for the two

its the peach/olive/yellow/blue version

If it's just dust, a brush like this should work... If it's an used record I just bought and very dirty I might use one of those microfibre cloths that you use to wipe glasses with and water.

great deal. they usually go for $100+ on ebay except for the box edition with the belt buckle and comic. would be interesting if they decided to reissue that as well

Where do you guys buy your vinyl?

I usually go with Amoeba.com (Free shipping on all LPs and CDs), Amazon, and Ebay and local record stores

Local record stores usually, discogs otherwise. The shipping costs are just too high for records so I try to avoid buying online.

Redscroll in CT is my go-to
Newbury comics
Discogs
Record fairs

Yes! Pharoah Sanders doesn't get enough praise around here.

Pretty proud of this purchase.

do u like tapes and CDs? cuz i'd like to tape my dic to ur face so u can CDs nuts

cool. Check out IV if you haven't

It sounded great to me, I was not aware of this.

trash

Nice digits.

No, I didn't buy it from Young God.

fuck off with your buzzwords

I'd kill for the Bowie and Sonic Youth albums! Dirty and Washing Machine are in my top 5 SY albums for sure.

no u fuck off with your memewie

whats the bottom right album?

Angels of Light Sing Other People signed by Gira

Probably the most mellow and straightforward he's ever sounded. Worth a listen

Cosmic Explorer by Perfume.
I love J-pop, and you don't see it go on vinyl very often.

Paid just over a dollar for all.

Where the best place to buy vinyl in Philadelphia?

I quit buying anything from RFC, almost everything I've gotten from them has physical and or audio warping

they need to stop with 400 novelty color pressings and just find a good plant, and do plain black runs

ffs

I only buy Japanese pressings

Nice!

you missed out man

I just picked up dopesmoker what version did you get