Came from the bottom, grew up in war torn Ireland, lost mother at 13 years old

>Came from the bottom, grew up in war torn Ireland, lost mother at 13 years old
>made some of the most critically acclaimed and best selling albums of the 1980s and 1990s, including Boy, The Joshua Tree, War, Achtung Baby, and The Unforgettable Fire
>worked with Brian Eno on several albums
>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music and significantly widened their popularity, exposing listeners to groundbreaking music they would have otherwise never heard before, predating Kid A by 9 years
>was behind the groundbreaking and yet to be topped Zoo TV Tour
>is self aware, his persona during the Zoo TV-era was a satire of himself in response to all the critics who called him pompous during the Rattle and Hum days
>is a patrician who had bands including but not limited to This Heat, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Bjork, Mission of Burma, The Fall, Einsturzende Neubauten, Public Enemy and Pixies open for his band when they were in their prime to give them exposure
>albums still hold up, receive rave reviews upon being re-released, even by Pitchfork
>isn't a nigger
>single handedly made the American and British public view AIDS and HIV as diseases that deserve treatment and sympathy rather than a punishment for being a degenerate, something even Princess Diana failed to do
>single handedly convinced George W. Bush to become the president who gave the most money to AIDS research, not Clinton, not Obama, George W. Bush
>wants to create a high fidelity and consumer friendly music format
>Reddit hates him
>Sup Forums hates him

This man is a god.

Won't change anything.

>convinced Bush to become president
why haven't they killed him already?

100% pompous twat

That's not what OP said. He said he convinced Bush to give more money to AIDS research.

>including Kings of Leon in the list of patrician bands

>single handedly convinced George W. Bush to become the president
How is that good?

>convinced George W. Bush to become president
This only makes me hate him more

see

>itsn't a nigger
LOL XD

I love that there's "isn't a nigger" in the list of things that makes him a good artist

Kek

that level of reading comprehension wew, no wonder Sup Forums is full of retards with terrible taste

What U2 album should I listen to if I like the song The Sweetest Thing?

Yeah, but he spawned such shit post-U2 bands like Radiohead, Coldplay and Travis. That's enough to hate him desu

>single handedly convinced George W. Bush to become the president who gave the most money to AIDS research
Statement never implied Bono convinced bush to give money to aid research.
You guys will try anything to make Bono good.

You're fucking retarded
like actually retarded

Convinced Bush to become president? That can't be true...

>ad hominem

Is everyone in this thread illiterate or baiting?

Bush is a great mane, but there's no way he did single handedly convince so eh?

>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music
Wouldn't that be the Unforgettable Fire?

Are u fag.

thank you based bono for saving music

>made some of the most critically acclaimed and best selling albums of the 1980s and 1990s, including Boy, The Joshua Tree, War, Achtung Baby, and The Unforgettable Fire
>worked with Brian Eno on several albums
>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music and significantly widened their popularity, exposing listeners to groundbreaking music they would have otherwise never heard before, predating Kid A by 9 years

Bull fucking shit

I think they're baiting or havin banter. I have horrible reading comprehension and even I understood what OP said

>>isn't a nigger
wtf I love u2 now

>how fucking stupid are newfags these days?

Seriously though the unforgettable fire is a 10/10 and youre a pleb if you think otherwise

>listens to "U talking U2 to me" podcast once

Tbh I love U2. mom got me into them when I was a kid. Sup Forums just bashes bono cause of the south park episode since they are a childlike hivemind and will gravitate towards negativity.

Post U2 bands are better than U2:

A retard who knows a Latin phrase

>counters with yet another ad hominem response

Negativland was the best U2 album though.

Not even funny in an ironic way

>takes obvious bait

All of them to be honest.

>single handedly convinced George W. Bush to become the president who gave the most money to AIDS research
George Bush's funding of AIDS research is estimated to have saved 5 million lives in Africa.

U2 saved 5 million lives.

If that's true that he convinced him to do it

Lol

>taking AIDS seriously 20 years late
gg america

Faaaaaaact

U2 is actually really good for the most part

OP's still trying to glorify U2? Knock it off mate, you can't force someone to listen shit music.

>OP

Bono, we know it's you

Obviously one retarded samefag trying to convince people that U2 isn't complete shit

Joshua Tree since that is a bside from that time iirc

sup

never liked their music but people seem to really hate bono for some reason

>war torn Ireland
What did he mean by this?

>isn't a nigger

stopped reading there

trump lost dude, its not cool like to talk like that anymore

I always wonder how sincere people are being when saying this kind of stuff

The way I interpreted it is that the "isn't a nigger" part is right before the Pitchfork part, so it's like he's saying "He gets praised by Pitchfork despite not being a nigger."

>you hurt my feelings so I'll use some Latin bullshit to hide it

>U2 saved 5 million lives.
Thank God for U2.

What ever would the world do without 5 million degenerate niggers with no job, and an average IQ of 60?

No cheap labour

no amount of charity can redeem his god fucking awful music.

Sorry, was George Bush funding AIDS research not meant to be political? It seemed awfully political to me.

Poland and Mexico are sources of cheap labor, not Southern Africa.

U2 had a solid run of albums but since 2000 has been pretty bland.
Bono gets a bit too much hate to me. I mean he does get preachy and a bit self righteous but it seems like his heart is in the right place at least.

I'm mad :(