Now that the dust has settled, what do you think of the album?

Now that the dust has settled, what do you think of the album?

pretty shit desu, but Father stretch my hands goes hard

There never was any dust because it's his most underwhelming release of all his career and marks the start of the downhill slide that comes with age in any pop artist

Still shit

Still listen to it. I feel like his next album will top it. Not to say that this wasn't good but this is like 808s and Heartbreak to MBDTF

peaks in the beginning, takes a nose dive and then comes back up towards the end.

6/10. decent album but shit by kanye standards.

Didn't he say it was gonna come out this year?

yea two more albums coming out this year, knowing him one of them is gonna be pushed back to next year

Bland and forgettable, unfortunately.

5/10 haven't listened to it much since it's release.

Few god tier and the rest is meh

to be quite desu with you i actually love this album. there are some tracks i could do without (low lights, silver surfer, famous) but all in all i fucking love this album. ultralight beams is hot, father stretch my hands is a banger if there ever was one, waves is tight, and the rest of them aren't quite as good, but i still love it all. his lyricism is hilarious, yet poignant, and extremely self-reflexive (i love kanye is one of the most interesting songs on the album).

It's a 6/10 album with 2 good songs (ultralight beams and father stretch my hands)
Honestly it didn't deserve the hype and kanye it's really bad compared to any other official kanye albums

But hey kanye can make everything a hit even shit songs (see mercy)

Starts off shit but then gets better.

some good gospel samples that i find great, also Kendrick ripped the Madlib track. Rest of it is ruined by shitty rapping by the man himself..

9/10, no bad or forgettable songs

Original 18 track version: 8.5/10
New 20 track version: 6/10

garbage

4/10

Overrated as fuck, still has a couple of highlights though. 5/10

Kanye was rapping pretty well on that track too, idk why he decides to shit all over his own beats..

>it is ruined by shitty rapping by the man himself..
This so fucking much. This album and Yeezus would have been stellar if Kanye didn't have the lyrical ability of an 8 year old

I've acknowledged the laugh-ability of certain tracks since day one, but loved it around release.
I wouldn't say that today. No track is forgettable, but a few are unremarkable. And there are a few real gems for whatever reason, and it's still solid in my stupid-idiot-head-dumb book. Probably won't be in Top 10 for the year, but probably 20.

It's very inconsistent, you get a fantastic opening track, ultralight beam, father stretch my hands, is pretty short, but good. It dips down after that track. In my opinion this album goes from glimpses of true potential, but lets me down. Like a seesaw of an album. So I like individual songs, but don't like it as a full project.