I intend to drive from Frankfurt to Zurich next month. thoughts?

I intend to drive from Frankfurt to Zurich next month. thoughts?

absolute madman

Better take the autobahn

is A5 not the autobahn?

should be nice

What should we think of it?

i dont know, jealous?

What if you drove across the australian desert instead

i'd die from boredom

sounds rad m8

Hold tight your organs

this ain't no pretty country bro. This ain't no pretty country.

Why is yurop so tiny?

you'll be fine with the route you've chosen. Just leave the motorway right before the swiss border to avoid tolls (vignette of one year = 40€, YES! one year; there is no scaling for shorter trips). You'll see more anyway when you take the countryroad.

My cousin went to Switzerland and attended a strange event there

He said these guys all dress up in matching button-down dress shirts and khakis, and they mud wrestle each other. Apparently this only goes on in Switzerland and nobody outside the country even knows about it

So I'd recommend that

i selected the 'avoid tolls' option and now these are the different routes i can take. it takes 40 mins longer for shortest route which I guess is okay if it means not having to pay $60 aud

Ignore this cunt.
Take the shittiest roads and stop at every village for a few hours, hang out with the locals, and sleep there if its dark.

but then again 40 mins does mean more petrol which is hella expensive in switzerland. my rough guess is an extra 20 aud for petrol, which if i was to subtract that from the 60 aud toll would be 40 aud.

meaning i'm paying 40 aud to save 40 mins which is 1 aud per minute.

>fall down the stairs at frankfurt
>land in Zurich a few seconds later

kek

Petrol is cheaper in Switzerland than in Germany, for instance. Diesel is a bit more expensive there because of the tax they put on engines with fine dust particles emissions. Not too much, though.

I'd take the rightmost route - more german motorway and less swiss countryroad. Be careful on your way to the border. The region has the highest density of radar speed traps (both fixed and mobile).

>I'd take the rightmost route - more german motorway and less swiss countryroad

wouldn't swiss countryroad be more scenic than motorways though?

wow just wow

true dat

>wouldn't swiss countryroad be more scenic than motorways though

Not in the North of Switzerland. Except for a few hills, there will be nothing more than fields and forest. There is a famous waterfall in Schaffhausen (Rheinfall), where you can stop by on your way to Zurich. The scenery worth seeing in Switzerland begins just south of Zurich, or better, right in the centre of the City - Lake Zurich. It's literally on the foot of the Alps. If you have got time you should probably go to Luzern, too, and for the landscape to Schwyz. IMO the best scenery in Switzerland is Ticino, the Italian part of Switzerland. The best scenery of the German part ist Appenzell (Innerrhoden/Außerrhoden).

yeah well I'm heading to Engelberg the next day anyway so I'll be able to check out the parts south of Zurich.

I might pass through Appenzell on the way back to Germany, thanks.

>413 km to cross half a country.
Lad that's efficient as fuck, I need 1200 km to go from Mexico city to my hometown, which is not that far away.

You're welcome. I am positive you will be enjoying your trip. Bring snow chains just to be sure...afaik november in switzerland is not so harsh, yet, and up the mountains either. The worst would be in January/February.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

Monterey?