mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/msby4mhk
youtube.com/watch?v=0iX8tsA0N7E
musicgoround.com/p/553705/used-fender-fender-strat-mim-special-edition-electric-guitar-cherry-sunburst
youtube.com/watch?v=wK30wzFIFtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Posting my MIJ Fernandes bass; what do you guys think? :)

>implying I can think

Second for Squier
New Guitar player post your set ups and accomplishments so far!!

are there any pedals that good vinyl-y warbles like pic related but cheaper? all the demos i've seen of mxr's uni-vibe clone are wank without any subtler settings shown.

my cv tele arrives on tuesday. i can hardly wait. i've been playing since 2003 and used to own a gibson/little orange stack but i had to sell it all for food/rent in college. trying to get my life back together now after not regularly playing for so many years.

>How long did you fa/gg/ots practice today?

>tfw still playing a cheap pawn shop Washburn because it was my first guitar and I still haven't found one that feels as comfortable

>2003
jfc how old are you

Behringer Vibrato. It's a clone of a Boss VB-2. On the slowest setting it has that kind of sound.

hello again

hi

once again i must tell you that all anime belongs in the fucking trash

hello

oh no
i am offensed

22, started when i was 9.

Good to have you back

that doesnt necessarily make him young. im 22 (probably older than a lot of fucks on this board) and i was fuckin 8 in 2003. def didnt play guitar.

that petrucci ibanez though

Any kind of nerve damage or disorder will be difficult to overcome.
If they're weaker than the rest of the fingers then it's prudent to do exercises with them.
This is an exercies from "pumping nylon" that may help. Using the pinky and the annular finger we trade of between the two as quickly and cleanly as possible.

E-----–--–--––-------4-3
B-----–--–--––--4-3-––
G-4-3-4-3-4-3-––-----
D-3-4------–----––------
A-----–3-4–--–--–-------
E-----–--––3-4-3-4-3-4

>(probably older than a lot of fucks on this board)

try again, im 29

children can leave, /gg/ is a child free zone

>im 22
yikes hope your not srs

how do i actually play? been "playing" since i was a kid. I always played piano so i feel bored if im not playing a song as opposed to just a guitar line. This means i play a lot of acoustic. I just bought myself an american standard strat for graduating university and holy shit what a waste of money, electric guitar is so fucking boring to me (not to mention im kind of shit at it). What should i do?

how old do you actually think the average Sup Forums user is? are you actually pretending that 22 is excessively young?

are you guys jsut fucking around or are you serious that old

thanks pai-fu ;)

if your old enough to drink on Sup Forums you need to consider suicide

go back to bbs gramps

>if your on Sup Forums you need to consider suicide
Fixed that for you senpai

Electric guitar is boring.
It has a shallow repertoire and the "challenging" stuff can be achieved eventually by sitting down with metronome and playing Paganini's works.
Sell the fender and grab a nice classical. You'll feel more at home since there are quite a few parallels with piano.

that was kind of my point. That dude was acting like everybody on Sup Forums is 30+ when in reality most people are like 14-16

Sup Forums average is like 20

babies OUT

wait, this exercise uses only the ring and pinky? that's ridiculous. people come up with the fucking dumbest exercises. no one is ever going to write a guitar piece that uses those ridiculous stretches

>over 19 on Sup Forums on Friday

All I can smell is failure right now.

kek 7/10 b&

its summer vacation...friday has no meaning. plus its 4 in the afternoon, not 9 pm

Get off of Sup Forums Ethan.

No shit it's not gonna be in a piece, it's a finger strength exercise. It's not supposed to be musical.

Fuckin' hell mate

Bull fucking shit.
I play them all the time.
That's a strengthening exercise.
My own arrangement of the Star Spangled Banner has a figure like that in the very second chord.

G#(fret 4)on 6th string, E(fret 2) on the 4th string, B(4th fret)on the 3rd string, and E(5th fret) on the 2nd string.
I play the E major that way because of the chord in front of and after it are convient that way. The timbre is also taken into account.

now that weve established that im a loser for being on Sup Forums on a friday, whatre you up to?

No u

>GG.
>"Mature."

Kek. I've had people unironically tell me nickel is better than stainless, jumbo is the objective best fret size without being able to say why, tonewood mattered immensely on electrics, and ebony was the best fingerboard wood all while slamming every non-Fender body.

Your average /gg/ poster is someone who has the tiniest bit of knowledge and subsequently thinks he knows everything about guitars.

>Fretcuck shitting on other fretcucks talking about challenging.

Pls nigga'.

>42 posts
>16 posters

Ugh, looks like Romans at it again....

How much should a 2009 MiM special edition strat go for, assuming it's in good condition?

>violinist/violist/cellist in charge of polyphony
You guys are so funny, especially when Bach tries to write a fugue for you.

Check this out dude, I just recorded this clip using the behringer vibrato. (ignore the clipping, shitty cell phone recording) Is that close to the sound you're looking for?

clyp.it/msby4mhk

>G#(fret 4)on 6th string, E(fret 2) on the 4th string, B(4th fret)on the 3rd string, and E(5th fret) on the 2nd string.

so

x
x

...? i'm not following how that is a stretch or related to the ridiculous fingerings in that exercise?

Holy shit Minecraft OST pt.2 right here

>Classical guitarists in charge of polyphony or monophony.

Kek. Those two seconds of shrill, harmonically dull decay don't make you king of the castle.

cock gobblers

never played it, does it actually have a good soundtrack?

post your tele..... if you dare

We're the next in line after piano and harp as far as polyphonic solo works are concerned.
You string along you're monophony quickly. I'll be a one man orchestra.

It's pretty solid, its just sorta mellow and chilled out, people were raving about it a while ago and I don't really get why, careful listening to it in public, people might think you're autistic or something

that middle pickup is blasphemous and needs to be removed and thrown away immediately

Why can't you play your acoustic favourites on electric?

you are just jelly of my superior TONE

I've played longer than some of you have been alive.

ok well i hope leo fender haunts your dreams and repeatedly rams humbuckers up your ass

alright m80s, I've been wanting a jazzmaster to complement my strat for quite a while and I'm not really sure which way I want to go
>1 Order parts and build it myself
>2 Buy j mascis jm and mod it
>3 Buy a used jm from japan

being a eurofag kinda sucks, shipping is expensive + taxes are pretty high too
kinda leaning towards nr 3 right now, any suggestions?

The second finger is on the sixth string, first finger on the fourth string, third finger on the third string, second on the the pinky is on the second.
It's nearly the same as a portion in that exercise.

>be me
>born in 1998
and I could still play rings around you

i was clearly talking about the other fingerings in that exercise. that whole exercise is supposed to be done with just the ring/pinky

what you're talking about is kind of a basic fingering that is in ten million different chords

Never made any claims to greatness kid. When are you going full faggot and buying a stick instead of that wankstick?

Play something for us then.
Apparently gg/ needs to have an age riot before they'll post any music.

Aight

can someone photoshop fire on the guitar on the left?

it must be burned and destroyed

Why tho?

I would go with 3. Have you considered the Classic 60s MIM models? They're way better than the Japanese models and should cost about the same.

The guy asked about a way to strengthen his fingers, I gave that.
If you want an example that is verbatim then you'll be disappointed, however; the closest example I have is Rick Foster's arrangement of Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring.
In the minor section there are a lot of huge leaps into very awkward chords.
youtube.com/watch?v=0iX8tsA0N7E

The whole piece is excruciatingly difficult.

I enjoy it. Sorry you don't like it, stranger on the internet.

thanks m8s. i'll probably get one off amazon soon.

If it's the old X-series they're fine, treat yourself to a nice pickup set and you're good to go.

You got something you were looking at?

Can anyone send anything my way that will give me a bit of motivation? Thanks

Watch the movie whiplash it's about drums tho

I've already seen it, but thanks for reminding me. Some important points to be taken away from that movie

Sup /gg/, help me make my decisions pls.

So I've been looking for a practice amp and have finally decided to go either with an Orange Crush or a Roland Cube. Which one do you think is the better choice?

Tried both out and noticed the Cube has better sounding cleans while the Orange has a pretty nice distortion for the price. I'm currently running my guitar through a cheap Zoom G1x pedal so I thought I might buy the Roland and use the pedal's amp sim to get a distorted sound but not sure if it will be comparable to how good the Orange's distortion is.
Obviously this gear is something to keep me occupied while I save up for something actually decent, but I'd rather not buy something that I'll end up regretting.

Orange Crush for sure. I have a 35RT and love it

>Fernandes

This

musicgoround.com/p/553705/used-fender-fender-strat-mim-special-edition-electric-guitar-cherry-sunburst

if you really want that finish and you're not paying that nutty $50 shipping then i'd say it's worth it. otherwise you can often find a used hss mim strat for about $250 elsewhere.

I don't live near Toledo so I'd have to pay for the shipping. I love the finish, and I know that MiM strats with burst finishes usually have 2 piece bodies instead of the normal 3-5.

Buying a new guitar has been incredibly stressful as fuck so now I'm just gonna return my 900$ PRS for an iPad Pro.

>get in ear monitors
>"holy shit this is great"
>half an hour later
>"these are bullshit, I need triple driver molded silicon monitors"

at least I can't afford cocaine.

Does Coke make music sound better?

>local Squier Jazzmaster indie fugs when they see my AVRI Fender Jazzmaster

ymmv, but cocaine immediately derails everything for me. you start playing too fast and everything is sloppy.

no it's just your pee R S

Playing a show in Seattle tonight, wish me luck /GG/

gl!

Band name?

> missed the Best Buy promo
dam son, I feel bad
I bought one to replace my Air 1, the Pro is based af
Good luck user, have a burd
> inb4 anal prolapse conspiracy or vaginal corrosion

What's he difference between the Crush and the Crush RT series?

>anal prolapse conspiracy or vaginal corrosion
none of these two exist.
maybe Vaginal Mustard ?
youtube.com/watch?v=wK30wzFIFtk

good luck user

remember to breathe