Name a city within the red line that deserves to exist

Name a city within the red line that deserves to exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldmapswithout.nz/
youtube.com/watch?v=5XXjrnWm3EM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Edmonton

Name 1 (one) city

Edmonton is aight

Red Deer, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Moose Jaw, Calgary, Flin Flon, Regina and Saskatoon

Nuke everything else

>those fucking names

Hello Jamal Al Abdul

Time for you to go back to Somalia

Toronto seems based

Most cities in the BC interior are cool desu

Lethbridge is literally an aryan paradise

Great city flag too

um i'm actually from the maritimes bud, i'm just saying that edmonton is a fine city

Im actually from CDMX but Edmonton is really nice, been there a couple of times

>Alberta

Niagara falls, new York.

every one, wtf? Canada is a paradise on earth

>le not le big important ones xDDDD

t. Alice Springs

delete eastern canada

t. Tasmania

Edmonton vs Calgary

Edmonton
>metro population: 1.2 million
>economy: blue collar industry and government
>unemployment rate: 6.9%
>better infrastructure than Calgary, less traffic, more trees

Calgary
>metro population: 1.4 million
>economy: some white collar office work and collecting unemployment welfare
>unemployment rate: 10.5%
>insane amounts of traffic, city layout makes no sense
>better skyline than edmonton but not for long

Edmonton is clearly the superior city

Both skylines are quite impressive but Edmonton's pyramids always win me over

>Red Deer
>RED DEER
>FUCKING RED DEER
>R
>E
>D
>D
>E
>E
>R

They got rid of the downtown airport and lifted the height restrictions on buildings, now we can have calgary-tier office buildings

So OP im guessing you excluded Québec because of the cultural difference and the territories because they are empty but why Victoria Island and the Maritimes?

Ottawa is also left out which is weird

Nobody likes Ottawa

Most of BC is based

The 6 or 7 in there that are more relevant than the entire country of New Zealand.

leafs... plz respond

Name any other country so irrelevant that it is commonly absent from world maps

worldmapswithout.nz/

Based Victoria.

Architecture/city design is my main metric, Victoria, Ottawa, etc look alright on those aspects. Maritimes are also semi-Frenchish too aren't they?

The only Canadian city I've been to, was pretty cool

Kinda weird how the whole city seemed to shut down and everyone went home at 5pm though

You can't group the Maritimes with the likes of Ontario and BC. You just can't.

>Kinda weird how the whole city seemed to shut down and everyone went home at 5pm though

That's mostly the case for pretty much every capital city in the country. I'm not sure about cities like Toronto (doubt it) or Edmonton, but every store close around 5-6pm and the streets are pretty much dead past that. I know it, since every time I go for a visit in Qc city, everything expect for restaurants are closed after working hours.

For Fredericton shut down time is closer to 2-3pm

t. leafless canada
t. tasmania 2.0

New Brunswick is 35% French. The other provinces have really seen their Francophone population decline, with Newfoundland having the lowest percentage with something like 0.5%. I think the Maritimes still have a lot of French people (genetically speaking) but they are not speaking French anymore.

Since this seems like the most popular Canadian thread currently active, what is the best Canadian beer that is also available in the States?

Weird, in Quebec the stereotype is the opposite. We say that people in Ontario and Western Canada don't know how to have fun at night and that cities are dead past 7PM and that they wake up at like 6-7AM. I also hear it a lot about Americans. A few summers ago I went to some sort of convention in Quebec City at a big hotel where most of the guests were American and desu it turned out to be true. Nobody was to be found past dinnertime and breakfast was served at 6:30.

bear semen

I don't enjoy beer that much but my friends enjoy Sleeman a lot. I like the Éphémère by Unibroue if you can find it in the US, it's a white ale with a light taste of pear.

Decent cities from BC:
New Westminster
North Vancouver
South Surrey/White Rock

>Calgary
>unemployment rate: 10.5%

what the fuck

>Flin Flon
stop it Canada, you're not England

edmonton has a shit skyline but surrounded by nice sceneries.

oil crash

we spain nao

This desu. Living in vancouver now and no one appreciates the interior. Unless they're talking about kelowna, but that's a right shithole of a town.

holy shit that's a vibrant city

>Metro Vancouver

fuckoff

Then how come Edmonton is not that bad?

> circle

Well the Abbotsford man didn't help at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=5XXjrnWm3EM

no clue, but they are not the main centre for oil dosh. it goes to calgary then it goes to toronto.

London, ON is alright

Were you laid off because of the oil crash or are you a student?

If so, what are you planning to do when you are done?

i actually live in ontario i just have family/friends affected.

oil will return if/when fracking becomes too expensive or it gets cheaper to mine imo although calgary/edmonton should think about diversifying beyond a single resource like a shitty gulf state.

Edmonton is the home of BioWare

The whole city should be nuked from orbit tbqh

vancouver =/= new beijing
you sport a canada flag yet sound so ignorant
20 regional districts (more or less) and you waive 'em all off because "muh chinks ruining society"
get a life kid, maybe chill out with the gays in the island

thunderbay. the natives are like cheaper Mexicans i just let them keep the paint after painting my house.

You immediately assume its an issue about asians. Typical hyper "progressive", sensitive lower mainland kid.

>triggered

rather hard to take you seriously when you start off a convo with "fuckoff". the reason i implied you were hinting at the asian problem was in response to your brattish comment. according to the majority of global liveability rankings, vancouver comes in the top 2/3 so I take your """opinion"""" with a grain of salt

When the buildings are painted like that it means it's a depressing shithole. They do it keep people from killing themselves

"the asian problem"
"muh global liveability"

typical. youre not helping yourself much here, bud.

this guy gets it

Molson Old Style Pilsner is my favourite, actually has some flavour unlike Kokanee or Budweiser. Anything from Great Western Brewery is good too

Is it just me, or does it seem like Canadians have an over representation on the internet.

>leaving out vancouver island

Based kiwi!

>taking words out of contest
I am writing a research paper on the effect of minimum wage on livability standards for particular Canadian cities. Sure, the term doesn't sound very polished, but it is dependent on several factors which culminate to a decent rating system. The influx of Chinese immigrants goes to show how alluring the west coast is for business and foreign investment. Personally, I do not think the Chinese are entirely to blame for Vancouver's housing prices, yet there is plenty of evidence to paint it as such. Don't act like you've been living under a rock these past years, anti-Chinese rhetoric has permeated Canadian media since the 90s..

We were once the highest percentage of Internet users per capita for quite some time. I think the US surpassed us though

confirmation bias. you notice when you see others of your kind.

we're also loudmouth dicks that say whatever come to mind

but is it actually a good city to raise a family? you cant own a house or land, there's grime everywhere, people permeate every outdoor space within 70km, the citizens will jump you for saying anything against their rhetoric, and they shit on anyone from anywhere else. and you don't see sun.

i do not see the appeal. and i'm a UBC Van grad currently living near Williams Lake

Is Vancouver a good city to raise a family? Yes, I believe so. Education is top-notch, parks and recreational centers are everywhere, and people are rather nice. Is it a good city for an aspiring young adult to make a life for him/herself? Not really, no. Housing prices in New Westminster and Burnaby are getting increasingly worse, so people who can't live in Vancouver won't have much better options elsewhere. Land is getting gobbled up like smores in a campfire. With regards to Metro Vancouver, I think quality of life depends on what district you live in. New Westminster (my city of residence) has next to no grime, open skies, many little suburbs and breathing space for leisure, and moderate-to-liberal political views. I feel like I take everything for granted, but at the same time I can't think about living anywhere else. I definitely like it a lot more than glossy, blocky, cramped, frenzied, stupid-bike-laned downtown Van.,

>Red Deer
>Medicine Hat
>Moose Jaw
>Flin Flon

True