Whats your favorite animal collective record?

whats your favorite animal collective record?

This is like proto-SJ

Great answer to the question dumbass

Right now it is still MPP, but I only recently discovered AnCo for myself. I'm slowly warming up to their older stuff.

strawberry jam, but i think it may be feels now.

Full Circle is my favorite album by The Doors

Feels or SJ or CS

you posted it
hollinndagain is probably second
how so? I've never listened to it desu
soon you'll far prefer some of their earlier stuff, trust me

That album is terrible

I really like Full Circle by The Doors.

It's really not
I love it

offtopic, but I heard that the program version of Transverse Temporal Gyrus has a couple of complete songs in it. is that true, and if so how can I extract them from it?
also, anybody know of a proper high quality version of Panda Bear's Aruba Song? been listening to Transverse Temporal Virus a bit as of late and I want to get it unmixed and not in shit-tier youtube quality.

Hey does anyone else here like Full Circle by The Doors?

Hey man I like Full Circle by The Doors

But also the Other Music bootleg is great

My favorite is Full Circle by The Doors

>Aruba Song
*Atiba Song, fug
also another offtopic question, but does anybody have the first two Jane releases and the original version of Pullhair Rubeye in 320kbps mp3 or flac? any of those would be greatly appreciated.

Top taste user

Good taste, I love Full Circle by The Doors

And STGSTV is such a close second, but this has that emotional connection/edge, so.

Everything pre-Centipede is incredibly important.

Either Feels or Campfire Songs.

This is one of their best, and has some of their best songs (Banshee Beat, Purple Bottle), but also has some of their worst (Flesh Canoe, Daffy Duck)

Agreed on the first bit. And I will admit, while Feels is in my Top 5, Flesh Canoe is a pretty weak link. I really enjoy Daffy Duck, though. Always seen it as a distant, inferior cousin of Banshee Beat, but still very solid.

I have no idea why Flesh Canoe and Daffy Duck get so much hatred on here. They're both fantastic tracks. Daffy Duck sounds like the entire atmosphere of the album compressed into one track and it sounds very calming and meditative, the way it starts up and dies down in waves. When Loch Raven starts, it almost sounds like it's part of Daffy Duck to me. And also Flesh Canoe is just a great song too, so I just have no idea why people tend to pick on those two tracks. And what's really weird is that EVERYONE seems to dislike them, so I really feel like I'm missing out on something (or they are) because every track on Feels is flawless to me. I always see people talking about how they'd change this and that with Feels, but I can't relate because the album is actually flawless for me.

Feels has no bad tracks, you're right
Perfect 10/10, undoubtedly
Loch Raven is stunning

Me

It's certainly not bad but is clearly the weakest on the album. For me, the vibe/atmosphere it tries to create just isn't as clear or captivating as the other tracks. It has some cute lyrics, though, which I enjoy.

With that said, the album is still "perfect" in my book, and holds a 4.94/5 track average.

oh shut up with your "4.94"
that's so meaningless. just give it a 5

that one

Well I mean, it's got a 5 on RYM.
I'm just really anal about having lists and organizing my favorites. Like I said, I still see it as perfect/deserving a 5. #3 GoaT.

fair enough.
i see a lot of people dislike turn into something, what do you think about it? i love it, incredible closer

I absolutely adore that track, it really is the perfect closer for the album. It's a condensed twin to the album as a whole and brings everything together. The first half of the song (and album) is more upbeat and ecstatic, while the second is slower and more atmospheric. I love that dynamic, and coupled with the tones and textures they chose, it's a knock-out.

hollindagain/here comes the Indian/campfire songs/transverse temporal gyrus

Reminder that Banshee Beat is literally the greatest song ever written

Probably Vessel

>not fireworks

>not Winters Love

>Alvin Row

I love every Doors album. Full Circle and Other Voices are no exception.

>one if the most overrated songs off of STGSTV
nope, it's great but only one part of it is god-tier and the best songs off the album are Spirit They've Vanished, April and the Phantom, La Rapet, and Bat You'll Fly

all valid contenders, but Banshee Beat is better, just the ridiculous release of the first chord change is undeniable

>anything from Feels
>better

found the contrarian

Friendly reminder Animal Collective will never make an album that's better than Full Circle by The Doors

please don't make this a meme

he's not wrong though

No memeing here
Full Circle by The Doors is legit as it gets

Prospect Hummer, Feels, and People is my favorite spot in Animal Collective's discography.

Those are genuinely some of their best work

The Doors are stupid.

No, those are all really good. You just sound like a pleb who doesn't like anything experimental.

Full Circle by The Doors

>SJ
>STGSTV
>HCTI
>Feels
>MPP
>ST
>Hollindagain
>CHz
>CS
>PW
>DM

am i the only one that thinks that both MPP and Spirit are their greatest efforts, most people like to pit them against eachothers

this

those are my favourite too

Can we all take a moment to appreciate the LYRICAL GENIUS of Panda Bear?

Examples of lyrical Genius:

My Girls:
>Noah sings about wanting a house
>Song's instrumental bears resemblance to "House" music
whoa.

Good Girl/Carrots:
>Noah says, "ITS GOOD TO SOMETIMES SLOW IT DOWN"
>song then proceeds to slow down a bit
damn.

Take Pills:
>Noah says: "Just wait and you'll see" during the beginning of the song before it gets to the good part
This one really made me think.

Are there any others? I'm not sure how far this rabbit hole goes

I absolutely love Danse Manatee and I think it has some of their best songs (and my person fave) on it. I don't really get the hate for it

his lyrics are bad tho

His lyrics are only bad because all he cares about is the vocal melody and harmony, though I guess that's not an excuse. I like his lyrics though. It feels like he's giving me a pep talk

I love DM. Meet the Light Child and In the Singing Box are some of my favorite AnCo tracks

his lyrics can be effective for emotional consolation or connection, but from a poetical or lyrical standpoint, they're straight ass

>Putting anything released from 2000 through 2010 below Centipede Hz.
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished - 10/10
Danse Manatee - 6.5/10
Hollinndagain - 8/10
Campfire Songs - 8.5/10
Here Comes the Indian - 9.5/10
Sung Tongs - 9/10
Prospect Hummer - 9/10
Feels - 10/10
People - 8/10
Strawberry Jam - 8.5/10
Water Curses - 9/10
Merriweather Post Pavilion - 9.5/10
Fall Be Kind - 9.5/10
ODDSAC - 9.5/10
Keep - 6/10
Centipede Hz - 5/10
Monkey Been to Burntown - 3/10
9:30 - 7/10
Painting With - 4.5/10
Honestly, I kind of see Merriweather as Panda Bear's Spirit, even though Avey still wrote two thirds of it. Basically I think Brother Sport is Panda's Alvin Row.

I'd say Person Pitch is Panda's Spirit. MPP is Animal Collective's Spirit.

Fuck forgot Transverse Temporal Gyrus, 8.5/10. But that was recorded at the time of ODDSAC, so it's not like Animal Collective actually managed an 8/10 post ODDSAC.

Hopes for the next album anyone?

i hope it's good

Something like an album consisting of two thirty minute heavily textured experimental pieces. I'd normally be against something like this, but at this point I just say fuck it. The direct approach to pop doesn't seem to be working out too well for them anymore and they've basically stagnated. I feel like they've forgotten how to explore through their music. A heavily abstract release would probably loosen them up creatively the way Sung Tongs did, and the switch to more electronic pop did after Feels, and they'd be able to build more naturally from there. Also notice how Animal Collective seemed to release work much more quickly when there seemed to be a sense of discovery on both ends, listening and creating.
Yeah basically this.

they've had slumps before, look at Danse Manatee (which came right after Spirit)

Yeah but Danse Manatee was pretty much just them discovering themselves and finding out what they were capable of musically. It's really like the first real Animal Collective album in a way since Spirit was pretty much Avey's thing. It may have seemed like a slump, but it was really just them coming into their own.

Strawberry jam had their 3 best songs, so I gotta go for that

true, i hope that what's happening right now is something they'll move out of but i don't see whta they would move into, unless they went for something like you said

which are?

everyone says it should be acoustic long ambient tracks

I want more pop music but just with more interesting chord progressions and melodies like they had pre centipede, preferably electronic rock honestly. Also a new aesthetic would be great, PW was basically just solid colors.

bump

If they keep going for a pop style I hope they start incorporating more samples. Painting with had a very limited range of sounds.

Bring back the deak and incorporate some beaut 3 person harmonies between deak avey and panda pls

Reminder that 2016 is the year Deak blew out AnCo

Including Sung Tongs, me too, user. Just barely, barely beats out DM-HCTI

thank you user. flesh canoe may be their most underrated track period

Good 'ol cringe