Endtroducing... vs. Since I Left You

Which one is better Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10979734
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this one

SILY by a long shot

Since I Left You by so far it's not even comparable

also bonus points for not totally tarnishing their reputation within a few years

that's not plunderphonics you fucking idiot

Definitely endtroducing

how so? care to elaborate?

>album made completely of sampling
>not plunderphonics
????

endtroducing, easily

the fact that Endtroducing is horribly paced and leaves the listener bored out of their skull

Idk they're both pretty much equal, i would personally choose SILY, but they're both at least 9.5/10

Endtroducing and it's not even close to being close.

Since I Left You

>Even thinking about implying

exactly this

strawpoll.me/10979734

holy shit how do you get bored by endtroducing? this has to be bait

sampling =/= plunderphonics

are you retarded? so therefore every single fucking instrumental hip hop album should be plunderphonics?

get some taste, seriously

"Plunderphonics is any music made by taking one or more existing audio recordings and altering them in some way to make a new composition." - John Oswald, the man who coined the term

Since I Left You:
>coherent theme throughout the album
>clear sense of progression

Endtroducing:
>check out these sick samples

this

man is good at messing with records: the album

Put more effort into your bait next time

Personally I prefer Entroducing.

The sound DJ Shadow achieved feels a little less mashed together for the sake of it. Flows more consistently. Felt like a project he intended just for himself...
Avalanches felt like they were out to prove something. Although they had extensive taste and collections, it almost felt like they wanted everyone to know. REGARDLESS of how they released it as a pet project just to be released in Australlia,
Since I left You feels like the equivalent of a Sup Forums poster, posting their 5x5 every day to show off how much music they like. Entroducing doesn't post on Sup Forums he just lurks and absorbs everything he possibly can.

I've listened to both a lot and definitely prefer Entroducing.

Anyone else?

I'm gonna quote wikipedia here because whatever:
"The process of sampling other sources is found in various genres (notably hip-hop and especially turntablism), but in plunderphonic works, the sampled material is often the only sound used."

>REGARDLESS of how something disproves my entire argument

Just saying how it feels to me.

Didn't know you were me.

I'm confused now.

Fucking retard ahahaha

this is fucking retarded

>wikipedia article
>often
yeah this means literally nothing.
the founder of the genre and the inventor of the style > some wikipedia article

Good argument. Join the debate team at your school yet? Think you'll be captain if you did.

This, SILY is a masterpiece. Endtroducing is so uninteresting.

>but if it FEELS like it's better than it must be better
jog on, wasteman

Preemptive Strike is better than both.

I don't think you understand what a conversation is. Spoken to any girls ever?

Yeah didn't think so.

I can't believe you don't think your post was total autistic bullshit.

And the posts subsequently

audibly kekd

It's ok. if you throw enough insults without stating any actual thoughts or illuminating points makes you come across as more intelligent and knowledgeable.

Not at all like an introverted nothing, thinking that reading one dosteovsky novel means you're cultured.

>calls you out on autistic bullshit
>you double down
holy fucking shit dude

still nothing?

oh well, i kinda tried.

You're just dancing around the fact that you never had any points worth discussing in the first place.

You're fucking clearly an idiot, please stop posting anytime now.
>namedropping an entry-level novelist in order to gain brownie points
jesus christ, go to /lit/

this

which novel you got? crime and punishment? read it yet? only got to page 120, but keep it by your bedside like it is a work in progress?

sorry sorrry had to.

if you think my points aren't worthwhile, or wrong (regardless to how I never put them across as fact and nothing more than what I felt, hoping for slight discussion due to intrigue), why not just address where you think otherwise?
I know you're on your anonymous horse, and you get picked on at school, but you know sometimes you don't have to be a cunt to everyone on the internet.

all you ever gave as your opinion was that Endtroducing "felt better" than SILY, because of your perception of the creators of both albums. You realize how little that means, right?

I personally prefer Endtroducing, but your post is bullshit, simple as that. If you want to share your opinion, you're obligated to be able to justify it, and you can't. So fuck off to whatever corner of the internet you came from (I'm guessing reddit, but I could be wrong)

I lot of time has passed since those claims by John Oswald. It's dated.

lol dude why are you so mad

The last minute of Changeling is better than the entire SILY album

>tfw I own the vinyl copy

feels good

>an opinion
>You realize how little that means, right?
genuinely don't understand your angle. what more can one offer than an opinion in regards to an album?

Are you trying to suggest you'll offer more than an opinion, and be objectively correct with a superior contribution? So far all you've displayed is, well, nothing.
Enlighten me. Why do you prefer Entroducing? Remember. justify your opinion subjectively and objectively. But be clear as to not confuse me. Oh and don't confuse yourself either.

lol also
>but your post is bullshit
>If you want to share your opinion, you're obligated to be able to justify it
almost skipped over this haha

its fine to have an opinion dude. you just tried to justify it and sounded like an idiot. not sure why you find this so confusing. judging an album based on your perception of the artist (which you clearly did) means nothing. You shared your opinion of the artists as opposed to the music itself, which is why I called it bullshit. Justify your opinion of the music itself.

This isn't about objective vs subjective, of course listening to music is subjective. don't put words into my mouth that weren't there.

as for why i prefer Endtroducing:
>the samples build up and form a soundscape
>sounds epic and sweeping in scale, as opposed to SILY, which is basically plunderphonic pop
>the vocal samples on SILY quickly become irritating after constant repetition, whereas Endtroducing uses them tastefully and less frequently, making them rewarding

hope that didn't confuse you

lol. you are either a master troll or very very stupid

just for dicks I'll bite on this post is retarded because it is not only (1) irrelevant whether djs/avalanches 'wanted to prove something' or 'intended their projects for themselvs' and (2) impossible to tell from listening to the music whether the artist intending people to listen to the music, but in fact it is just plainly false that either was making music just for themselves. and that is before I laugh mirthlessly at the idea that you make music out of samples to show how music music you like

okay there i took the bait. by the way i actually was captain of debate lol

It's because when I listen to Since I Left You, I enjoy it a lot more than Endtroducing....

Endtroducing is good too tho

they're equals

ITT: People that think Entroducing is 'uninteresting' and 'boring'.

Holy fuck.

SILY is vapid party music, while Endtroducing is a more introspective soundtrack to something bigger and also infinitely more interesting in every aspect.

this

I mean, SILY is good, don't get me wrong, but Endtroducing is insanely better, excellent composition and managing of samples. SILY is way too accesible and friendly, like a pop version of DJ Shadow's masterpiece.

I like both but I prefer SILY.
End has a great atmosphere, but SILY is just so much fun.

Personally it's Endtroducing

>23 IPs

Guys, just wanted you to know that there's this underage cunt from ROBLOX called StreetsOfSimCity who shills for Endtroducing all the time, people were talking about this cunt in a thread some time ago because he was bragging on Sup Forums about how he had "god-tier" taste in music and how ROBLOX was superior to Sup Forums. Just keep your eyes out for this arsehole.

>ROBLOX was superior to Sup Forums.

he's not wrong famo

Person Pitch > ExMil > Since I Left You > Endtroducing

all god tier

since i left you has left an impact on me that no album has ever been able to replicate. this album is the basis on which i judge records.

it is my favorite record many reasons but the quality that gets me the most is that the music has so much heart in it. i feel the effort, the obsession, and the love those guys put into each and every single detail. it shines through in the overall sound, melodies, flow, and samples. i can talk about this album forever. i have never been so happy to be able to hear sound as i am when listening to this fucking thing. shit makes me laugh, smile, reminisce, feel nostalgia, contemplate, dance, even cry if i'm feeling down.

that being said endtroducing is a very valid best record of this particular style of music. i really, truly understand why people love it more. it's a great fucking record, just didn't hit my nougaty core as hard SILY did. Both are 10/10s and are some of my favorite pieces of music of all time ever

Endtroducing
> super repetitive to the point where some parts get boring as user previously stated
>over use of scratches
>no theme

SILY
> tons of perfectly placed samples layered in a way we're you hear everything at once
>Great opener and flawless transitions
>has the habit to always change it up in the song to keep it fresh.
> diverse in many genres and styles
> has a theme of partying as you chase that girl around the world.
Gee I wonder which is better

>super repetitive
>we're
Gee I wonder if I can spot the autist in this thread

I'm on my phone also doing a bunch of other shit so who the fuck cares if autocorrect fucked up on me on one word faggot. Quit notching because people don't give a fuck about Endtroducing as much as they do over Since I Left You

It's like comparing Band of Gypsies and Achtung Baby because they both have inventive electric guitar playing.

mostly awful tier with the exception of Endtroducing

>one is from a genre I don't like and the other is from a genre I do like

"Has a theme of partying"? Jesus you're going to regret this post in the morning.

????

how are you even comparing these

Both are shit, so why bother?

Endtroducing has higher highs than Since I Left You IMO. SILY has better cohesion and flow, but Endtroducing isn't that far behind, has better stand out tracks, and more variety. I'd go with End, but it's close.

SILY without a doubt

SILY
>thousands of samples masterfully crafted together cohesively, layered upon each other, cherry picking sounds from every era of music of every genre creating something truly unique
>all songs seamlessly flow into each other to a point where you have no idea if a track has changed or not

Endtroducing...
>all songs repeat the same sample, mostly just one over some generic 60s drum sample for way too long
>le edgy dark brother of sily xdd

How is this even a comparison

both shit