Are the european countrysides actually as comfy as depicted in magazines and shows?

are the european countrysides actually as comfy as depicted in magazines and shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vIEl-JSRuBM?t=166
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

europoors pls reply

I've been to the town in your pic. It's nice but seemed too touristy. The English countryside is very peasant though.

Looks neat on the outside, but these old houses are usually shit when it comes to damp, insulation, repair and so on.

I guess if you'd invest large sums of money into making the interior modern it'd work, but usually these houses are inhabited by old, uneducated, poor people.

At least here that is...

probably

>Looks neat on the outside, but these old houses are usually shit when it comes to damp, insulation, repair and so on.

This. I lived in a 100 year old house here in the US and it was absolutely disgusting. I'm sure it's possible if you have money to maintain things like that and make them clean and pleasant, but I didn't and neither did the people living in it before, so it was just filthy and way too hot and bug-filled in summer and freezing cold and damp in winter, and always moldy and smelly.

0/10 would rather live innawoods

uhm... yeah, sure user... hehe
o_o')

Yes, there are villages like that everywhere, not even joking

>tfw living in a comfy village in a house financed with Hitlers housing programm, back then when my grand-grandfather built it.
Thanks mein Führer.

houses in the US aren't built to last 10 years let alone 100

Can confirm

autumn is comfy in the countryside.

Dont be such an ass, some buildings in the us are older than the settlement of australia.

Kind of. It depends where you go. My home village is pretty comfy, albeit large for a village at 5,000 people. Pic is my favourite pub, The Navigation, locally known as The Navvy.

We also have a lot of rail accidents, with three in the past 10 years.

There are a lot of cute villages here.
The downside is those old houses are not exactly quake resistant.

seems pretty comfy to me

Some are extremelly awful, but others are good.

Sometimes

i´d say so

Not as comfy as you might think. Most villages here have very few buildings older than 1945 since they were only small settlements before the war. But they offer a decent life for most people. The house on the picture is easily achievable for someone with the national average income.

youtu.be/vIEl-JSRuBM?t=166
here is some guy driving through my hometown.

in spain yes.

big cities are shit.
polution, inmigration,caotic traffic...

My family's house is about 120 years old and is in very good condition. It's had its foundations re-set, some cracks in the walls plastered over, the floors re-varnished, carpets ripped up, plaster ceilings knocked out to be replaced with gyprock, woodwork stripped of paint and varnished, doors mended or replaced, the outside repainted, heating and cabling and the like put in, and some extension and garden work done, but that's it. It is really pretty low-maintenance, not expensive to look after, and there are no major structural defects. Additionally, since construction is double-brick, the heat inertia is a very good substitute for modern insulation. There's no reason to believe that it will become any harder to maintain in future, short of some disaster like termites, flooding or earthquakes. Plus, of course, it looks far nicer than any modern monstrosity ever could.

It's a shame this country is so young. It would be nice for there to be more older buildings about.

This, it's the same here.
In Portugal, the northern towns tend to be way more comfy than the southern ones despite the climate being more rainy and cloudy

i like it better than the big cities

It's even comfier than that.

Here the town center

Judge it yourself.

The old houses lack any substantial insulation and central heating.

Its always damp as fuck and cold here.

Oh and have fun driving here.

It's so comfy that I am literally overcomfied in my soul.

Except for the weird roof (we have this only with houses from the 18th century) this looks like my hometown. The weather seems to be nicer, though.

yes

Maybe if you have bad weather, then a comfortable house is more important.

Here towns can look very different depending on in which part of the country you are

It´s a type of farm used between the 17th century and the 20th century.

I take it you´re from northern Germany?

All dem trees though.

>damp
bretty standard autumn condition if you live surrounded by plants

>cold
not really cold here unless it gets really humid, early morning is cold and you can find ice crystals which are pretty to look at.

I think going chestnut picking, fishing or mushroom hunting are nice gomfy activities for autumn.

Correct. I'm from North Frisia, we have entire Dutch towns here like Friedrichstadt.
The farmhouse style is common on Eiderstedt where lots of Dutch farmers settled. But they are uncommon anywhere else.

It can be, it mostly is like pic related here, though

Not in my country. The buildings and churches are nices, but our countryside looks like a swamp with some dykes in my region

Well that one is absolutely gigantic

As I see you don't have much wind down there in the south or you would need trees around your farmhouses to keep the roof on.

It's largest of them all. There was a reason the Dutch came here: You could get filthy rich with farming when you had the technological advantage.
Nowadays it's problematic to find owners who are capable of maintaining that building.

>2016
Still having the coat of arms of the Netherlands & Spain on your buildings.
When are you going to accept that you lost us?

>you don't have much wind down there in the south
Indeed, that's why we never used windmills

yes

I'd say yes, and for the damp houses it didn't strike me as that bad, but I live in a dry place and anyway as long as you take care of your house periodically it's fine

That was a joke. This region here was built by Dutch people with the help of your windmills.

But it isn't?
Why should we care about your country anyway...

Oh, I'm sorry. Then it's ok:-)