Why are most good musicians men? Why are women bad at making music?

Why are most good musicians men? Why are women bad at making music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xe-22iieZ28
schubert.case.edu/files/2014/01/Gender-Role-Differences-in-Spatial-Ability.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's because everything in life is handed to them so they haven't honed any talents

growing up without enough role models think of being a girl and growing up listening to mostly bands are not girls and you just figure its not something girls can do on a subconscious level .

also guitars are kinda built for bigger hands

I unironically believe that one of the few things women are better than men at is being musicians

biologically and inherently unambitious

Creating music is hardly anything worth bragging about.

kek

Because music isnt a sandwhich

Vocalists, yes. On average. As instrumentalists, classically about even (like in orchestras). As composers, there has been an exponential increase in the number of prominent songwriters of female construction

chuckled

good bait

cause you are too much of a pleb to find and listen to good female artist
youtube.com/watch?v=xe-22iieZ28

females have a tenancy towards poor spatial ability, while music is about the relationship between different wavelengths over time

schubert.case.edu/files/2014/01/Gender-Role-Differences-in-Spatial-Ability.pdf

The problem with female artists is that most of the time (and there's always exceptions) men won't listen to them. You could get women to listen to male artists, but not many men would listen to Kate Bush, Madonna, Pink, or Rihanna unless they're gay.

Women are generally not great at playing instruments which limits their ability to participate in most music forms other than pop.

>he thinks Grace Slick, Joni Mitchell, Bonnie Rait, Kate Bush, and Madonna had no talent

There have been plenty of women that are great at music. They've just been generally ignored because they're women and SURELY they can't be as good at music as men, right?!

The first one was fronting a rock band with otherwise male members. The rest...again their fanbase probably didn't cross many gender lines.

And therein is the nut of the problem. Male artists can appeal to both genders, female artists (usually) don't.

>tfw listening to her rn

>on a 50s binge a while ago
>look at Youtube comments for Connie Francis - Stupid Cupid
>"This is a good song. I don't understand why it hasn't been played more on oldies radio."
>"Probably because when 50s nostalgia started to become a thing in the 70s, the guys making the playlists for those radio stations were 30-somethings who just picked whatever music they happened to like as teenagers, so that meant a lot of Chuck Berry and Little Richard, but no Connie Francis or anything from their sister's record collection. She does seem to be strangely absent from oldies radio despite her string of huge hits."

Less drive to do anything productive in general because there will always be some guy who will go head over heels to do it for them (not because they can't), not as coordinated, less incidence of mental illness, more interested in being "normal"/less loner tendencies.

They also have generally have drier personalities, which makes them a pain in the ass to manage/promote; for every Azealia Banks, there's ten Teegan and Saras who want to lynch people for wrongthink and being a big meaniehead. They can't be in a band because for some retarded reason I couldn't explain if I wanted to, women can't so much exist around each other for an extended period of time without getting pissy.

Vektroid and Orianthi are good, but they seem to be exceptions to the rule.

Because they all make gay ass pop music about boys and cloths and girl powah. More women need to, you know, try not being so fucking vapid and limited.

Janelle monae...
Ella Mai...
But I agree as a whole
Abra is awful

>implying bands like Kiss, AC/DC, and Motley Crue were any better
>implying singing about getting wasted and fucking teenage sluts is more deep or intellectual than Britney Spears

You saying Joni Mitchell and Bonnie Rait made empty songs about cute guys and shopping at the mall?

No but most buttrock bands had fans of both genders while no straight men like Britney Spears.

Elvis had tons of fans of both genders, but after the 50s it seemed he had a mostly female fanbase.

No, I'm responding to the examples the person I was replying to gave, and lets be honest, how many well known women in the industry these days aren't pop stars of some form?

I'd like more women rockers with range. I'm also sick of the pretentious lilting Alternative girls with their boring ass folksy pop bullshit.

The patriarchy is very real and it has raised a society to believe that women must live out different lives than men. Men partake in more artistic lives. It's a fact. These days more women stray from these age old gender roles. There's definitely more women making music today than say 1966

>for every Azealia Banks, there's ten Teegan and Saras who want to lynch people for wrongthink and being a big meaniehead

Didn't Grimes block comments on her official Youtube channel because posting any criticism of her music was equivalent to rape?

>Why are most good musicians men?
Because most musicians are men.

>how many well known women in the industry these days aren't pop stars of some form?

How well known were Joni and Bonnie in the 70s? I don't think they got very much radio play.

>These days more women stray from these age old gender roles. There's definitely more women making music today than say 1966

What the hell. There were tons of chick singers long before that like Martha Tilton, Andrews Sisters, Jo Stafford, Connie Francis, all those Motown girl groups...

The late 70s-early 80s had loads of female talent like Debby Harry, Wendy O. Williams, Joan Jett, and Chrissie Hynde. Not Heart though. Fuck them.

So why is it that such a high proportion of them are so god damn boring? Usually having something to rebel against is good fuel for creative types. But there are so many airy voiced, air headed girls lilting about relationships softly to bland alternative tracks, to say nothing of the pop romance songs and 'look how shocking I am I'm singing about sex' type bimbos like GaGa.

Fuck, I don't know man, I'm talking about modern music.

i think it might be more beneficial not to look at sheer numbers of women creating music but to look at the roles they're taking in creating music. like, taking an agential role in what they're creating, establishing their own identity in their music

Uh huh. And most of them had fanbases of both genders.

I can't think of a lot of prominent female artists from the 70s that got a lot of radio play. Usually there'd be the ones like Helen Reddy that were one hit wonders or had one radio hit and so forth. The 80s though had a big explosion of female music talent.

That's got to do with MTV more than anything since videos are a visual medium and more beneficial to women since they rely on their looks heavily.

dolly parton? i used to know a bunch of popular british female pop artists when i was an embarrassingly devout morrissey fan and i looked up the discography of every female pop artist he worshipped, but i'm drawing a blank now

Whos this ugly faggot

because of pic related

naturally female brains are less varied because they literally had no competition in mating

in males IQ is much more spread, that is males have more retards, more psychos etc, but more brilliant people also, while majority of female sit around the middle

It's essentially this.

The Y chromosome is generally more unstable than the X and a part of that is because successful risk taking behavior proved to be evolutionarily beneficial for men. It has its benefits and its drawbacks.

There are many great female musicians too, but males have a higher propensity to gravitate towards the extremes.

women are a collective, they collectively benefit from distracted men believing in their fictions, they might know the truth but are repulsed by broadcasting it all as it would offend other women they rely on... also why would they improve people when they can just demand compliments from them.

except it's nothing like this, the difference in sigma in this image is wildly exaggerated for the purpose of drawing misogynistic conclusions, and in reality studies that show this are based on small sample sizes that aren't consistently reproduced across countries, indicating differences in intelligence variance is explained by cultural conditioning, not genetics.

BS, first of all the graph doesn't even contain any measurable data on either axis so there's no basis for determining its accuracy, exaggeration, etc. The point its making isn't inaccurate though. Men do gravitate toward the extremes more so than women.

prove it