Does anybody here care about this? Do you think it will be any good? I really hope it's not more of the same crust punk...

Does anybody here care about this? Do you think it will be any good? I really hope it's not more of the same crust punk, classic metal revival garbage that they've been shoving down our throats for the last ten years.

I'm not going to pre-order it, but I'm curious as to how it'll turn out.

>I'm not going to pre-order it
They're posting a new song from this album on Friday. If that's any good, I might try to order the special edition on orange vinyl. I don't have very high expectations though, given the quality of their last few albums.

Hopefully it will be a BM album. It looks like it will be, by the cover.
Looking forward to this new song though.

The Wikipedia page for this album says "Black Metal, Heavy Metal" in the genre section. I just hope it's not more first wave revival nonsense.

Never mind that they named the album after a literally who Norwegian heavy metal band. I really hope it's black metal, too, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I hope its black metal.

the cover looks like black gaze. hope that's true

it's gonna be crust punk you idiot

From the announcement on their FB page:
"Hi folks, it's time to talk a bit about our new album - and as I don't like to talk or write about music much I can say that it is more serious and primitive than usual. Vocals are only done by Ted as I thought this would create a more solemn/introvert atmosphere. The album is called ARCTIC THUNDER because it is my fave bandname (old mega-obscure Norwegian band from the 80s that I asked the permission from to use as an album title). Meanwhile here is the cover, it is from the personal camping archives from a trip some years ago to SPĂ…LSBERGET in Nordmarka. IT has the usual spruce-tree skyline and also a bonfire - there will be another limited colour version with orange logo and title, because that was MY favourite colour, but the usual release looks like this in silver - as this was Ted's favourite version."

Maybe it will be emulating first wave? not sure.

pls no

i hope its indie pop

there's like a 50-50 chance of a repeat of the last album or a repeat of panzerfuast

this
kek

Kek I hope you are trolling

Darkthrone will never record a blackgaze album.

Ya both wrong. Fenriz has said a couple of times its gonna be a doomy one, influenced by epic doom like Candlemass.

I could definitely go for a blackened doom album by darkthrone

Pre-ordered the orange vinyl earlier because of the awesome orange logo on its cover. It sold out earlier today. Who knows what to expect, I haven't listened to much new Darkthrone

That would be fucking dope.

For fucks sake Fenriz, don't fuck this one up

orange is sold out

i'm extremely hype. had no idea they're going to release a new song soon. can't wait.

also, unpopular opinion:
their crust stuff really isn't that bad. it's pretty good for what it is

>crust punk

why do people keep repeating this meme

"crust" darkthrone isn't any more crust than bathory's debut is