Is it plebian of me that the seer is my favourite swans album?

Is it plebian of me that the seer is my favourite swans album?

For the record, I can't even get into Swans period.

So no.

yes, but don't sweat it too much
there's nothing wrong with being a pleb

Soundtracks for the blind is their best, a lot of people also think The Seer is. I enjoy all of their albums to be honest.

No. You're only a pleb if you let other people dictate your music taste.

Came here to say this.

What's the appeal?

eh if youre a pleb by Sup Forums standards youre not doing too bad for yourself. From my tastes and what i like i call people that listen to mainstream shit spotify playlist shit plebish. (21 pilots, Drake, Chris Brown, Tyga)

if youre even listening to Swans or know who they are youre doing decent my friend.

It's the feeling. It's dark as fuck, skull crushing, atmospheric, spiritual, large, scary, etc... It takes a toll on you, but it's quite an experience.

I find myself consistently bored when I listen to it, I dunno.

What defines music taste for me is how much that person tries to understand or connect with the music they listen to. You can listen to anything you like.

It requires a ton of focus, emotional engagement, and patience. It's all about the feeling of the music.

that is true. I just feel alot of people that listen to the artists i named usually dont connect with them or care about it like u said. It was a huge generalization I made but it usually stands true well with the people i know.

This. I keep listening to it, boring as fuck grooves, pleb playing, etc. There are some neat ideas on occasion tho

>It requires a ton of focus
See, good albums command my focus on the merits of the music. With Swans I have to force it. Even then my mind wanders because there's just nothing to latch on to.

The hole pleb and patrician is dumb as fuck, it is literally like being in high school and someone telling you your not cool because of the brand of clothes you wear

Pleb identified

Yeah, that's the masturbatory and commanding nature of Swans.

>pleb playing
explain

What Swans period tho? No Wave Swans is distinctely different from Post Rock and Drone Swans.

The last five albums

Most of Sup Forums users are probably still in high school

Maybe you just don't like drone my man.
The Seer instantly hooked me.

>Maybe you just don't like drone my man.
Incorrect

Ok then

maybe you're just a pleb

>maybe you're just a pleb
Incorrect

The Seer is the only good modern Swans album, prove me wrong.
It's the only one that feels like it has some sort of theme, isn't just a collection of songs, the tracks are unique, and it's generally listenable. TBK and TGM both kind of suck, and just have a few good tracks. The Seer at least feels like an album.

Then I cannot possibly imagine you not liking Swans. So you either a) have hearing damage b) are a pleb

i like white light from the mouth of infinity

>"BORING! BORING! UHhhh! It's not F U N!"

my god
such faggots
please return to your usual ratings threads ok?
this commentary is like sucking hitlers dick with no suicide pills

They're not very good instrumentalists.
Stop crying pissbaby.
Stop crying pissbaby.