I'm from Sup Forums and I'm here for some recs

I'm from Sup Forums and I'm here for some recs.
My music taste is pretty shit. I have been to some gigs, and know what I like and what I don't, but I almost never listen to an album from start to finish.
Last night I gave it a try. I know itaots is a meme here, and I'm not even sure that the praise isn't sarcastic, but I went for it. Fist listen I started thinking I was retarded for not liking it, but I hated it. Second listen it got better. And then the third time i listen I got completely hooked. I don't know what pushed me to give it an other listen but i'm so glad that i did. Never in my life have I loved a piece of music so much. The emotional power behind the voice in this album is something that I honestly never thought I'd find in music. I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but this shit was amazing.

So I came here for some recs. I know absolutely nothing of this sad folky stuff, but I want to listen to whatever other gems the genre has to offer. This album was amazing, and if you know any other album that can give the same dreadful emotions and can make you tear up, please rec.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rQEEvDcMurE
youtube.com/watch?v=n5g-91mwiNs
youtube.com/watch?v=K02aiv7jrEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Microphones - The Glow pt. 2

it's a meme but its legitimately a 10/10. I wish to go back in time to stop this from being so overexposed that it actually turns people away

zitto animale

The Microphones - Mount Eerie

hype city soundtrack

Welcome

Arcade Fire – Funeral
Built to Spill – Perfect From Now On
Dinosaur Jr. – You're Living All Over Me
The Microphones – The Glow Pt. 2
Red House Painters – Down Colorful Hill

Also check out On Avery Island, the other album from NMH

I'm kinda in your position, but I have yet to try out what you did.

I'll give it a go.

>Sup Forums
I recommend tnt by ac/dc

i think you'll like this

Elliott Smith- Either/Or

youtube.com/watch?v=rQEEvDcMurE

youtube.com/watch?v=n5g-91mwiNs

Me too, I wish I could save it in some sort of time machine

Sparklehorse - It's A Wonderful Life
Low - I Could Live In Hope
The Glow Pt. 2 but it's already been mentioned

its so weird that several years later, people still assume this is some weird unlistenable meme album when its actually a relatively accessible indie rock/pop album

You underestimate just how little most people care about music. Hell I bet the majority of non-mu Sup Forums still only listens to some top 40 pop/rap, vidya music, and classic rock

listen to this, op

bumpo

If you want feely folk rock, absolutely nothing beats Rubber Soul by The Beatles.

Norwegian Wood, Girl, In My Life, Nowhere Man, Michelle, You Won't See Me... boy, get ready to feel...

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
also special mention youtube.com/watch?v=K02aiv7jrEs

ITAOTS!

Good one, user

go on RYM to explore you're favorite genres, and to experiment with new ones. While RYM is in essence a review site, avoid other reviewer's like Pitchfork or Fantano and also try to avoid Sup Forums essentials lists

If that is one of the first "Indie" albums you have gotten into, listen to Animal Collective next (start with Strawberry Jam or MPP and work backwards). I remember first getting into "indie" music when I was in HS and it was probably the best era in my life

zitto animale

zitto animale

Well, it really sounds like teenager music when you first listen to it

that's probably because of the singer's voice

zitto animale