Best japanese bands? Already familiar with Boredoms and Melt Banana and I want some different genres

Best japanese bands? Already familiar with Boredoms and Melt Banana and I want some different genres

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbnYPrXx8H8
youtube.com/watch?v=uNdqjKWVXCU
youtube.com/watch?v=ebUFksYK38E
youtube.com/watch?v=xmZ4uoC_xHI
youtube.com/watch?v=JNKwYVg6V8E
youtube.com/watch?v=mSIdJZ9GxQM
youtube.com/watch?v=ESZSKERJmwg
youtube.com/watch?v=rYz_K4zlS7c
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY
pastebin.com/Cca07HuB
youtube.com/watch?v=OrqrSUsD61U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ABcYfERAFE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlb79M_2FjY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dY34QRo2s0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLMKz7UmTaI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nsi9HEmZl9Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_smqcOTfwY
youtube.com/watch?v=29jhWIO_mlM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mouse on the Keys are a great, super upbeat jazz trio.

the gerogerigege

pretty much everything haruomi hosono did

LRD, Fushitsusha, Boris, the list goes on, my man...

Boris and Les Rallizes Denudes are fantastic if you want the noise of Boredoms and Melt Banana but less frantic and more heavy and psychedelic

Soichi Terada's Sounds from the Far East is great if you like house music at all too (or even if you don't)

toe

Lamp

The Acid Mother's Temple & the Melting Paraiso Underground Freakout

list some more and what genre they make and I'll get around to listening them all eventually
Listening tothese guy's rn

Why do I give a shit about what you 'eventually' end up listening to? We're not here to spoonfeed you, you fucking embryo.

Lamp is that shit nigga!

okay you don't have to if you don't want I guess lol. Just want more music my dude.

they've been my favorite band as of late
their new album is great. Did he just decide to make more music? I don't really know the story behind it. Gero 30 is dead now?

Xinlisupreme is another good one

youtube.com/watch?v=QbnYPrXx8H8

and they also have a recent release

youtube.com/watch?v=uNdqjKWVXCU

>Les Rallizes Denudes
boredoms are way more psychedlic than them. there's nothing psychedlic about just turning the gain all the way up and pretending to be the velvet underground in 2016

Kinoko Teikoku are pretty good

Then go find it, MY DUDE. You have an Internet connection, start looking at blogspots / RYM charts / what.cd collages / whatever. It's nobody's chore to cultivate your taste for you.

I'm not the only person on the thread am I?

This

That's impartial to the fact that watching Anthony Fantano is the same as begging Sup Forums for recs is the same listening to an automated Spotify tastemaking algorithm. None of which compare to finding music you like on you're not sixteen and just listened to ITAOTS yesterday. Take some initiative, you lazy fuck.

I am also looking for some cool Japanese music. I already know quite a bit like Boredoms, Boris, Acid Mothers Temple, Melt Banana, downy, Shiina Ringo, Hosono etc. I'm looking for some of the weirder stuff that ISN'T noise rock or jazzy shit or anything like that, I've heard tons of that already.

To give some examples I really like Asa-Chang and Junray, and recently got into Long Season by Fishmans, which isn't that "weird" but still doesn't really sound like anything I've ever heard before. Also Seiko Omori's first album, which is pretty normal pop but very unique and a little crazy soundin. So, anyone got any recs for sort of strange, underground Japanese music?

OP, check out any of the music mentioned in this post

No Yasuaki Shimizu?
Ok
Yasuaki Shimizu - Kakashi

I'm not sure what this is supposed to say but if you're not here to give and or get reccomendations why are you here?

Same as every Sup Forums thread; to tell you you're a pathetic embryo and also a loser.

Syrup16g is nice

kinoko teikoku is best jgaze tbqh

Kokeshi Doll, High school junior coffins and Midori are pretty great, if you like bad music

youtube.com/watch?v=ebUFksYK38E

youtube.com/watch?v=xmZ4uoC_xHI

youtube.com/watch?v=JNKwYVg6V8E

youtube.com/watch?v=mSIdJZ9GxQM

good old jfolk

do you know Cornelius?

youtube.com/watch?v=ESZSKERJmwg

they have a new album? link pls
love your recommendation too

also I forgot to mention Nagisa Ni Te

never listened to him, this sounds good though thanks

link to the album that second song is from??

>pretending to be the velvet underground in 2016
Except it wasn't in 2016, it was in the 70's

Also Velvet Underground didn't even come close to LRD in terms of pure noise

The Pillows

KING BROTHERS

>tfw he swung the bat

I like this

This

youtube.com/watch?v=rYz_K4zlS7c

Listen to Eureka by Kinoko Teikoku

group_inou and Kinoko Teikoku are my favorites at the moment tbqhfam

Kinoko Teikoku seems to be a popular choice

>Boris (Doom/Drone/Noise Rock/etc)
>Okkyung Lee (Avant Garde jazz idk)
>Sachiko M (microsounds/electroacoustics), >Otomo Yoshihide (basically Sachiko M, but has a killer jazz album)
>Merzbow (you should know this)
>Kazumoto Endo (made my favorite noise album of all time)
>Midori (jazz/screaming/idk)
>toe (math rock if i remember correctly)
>Ryoji Ikeda (glitch/sound art/microsounds)
>Junko Yagami (funky ass 70s tunes)
>The Gerogerigege (noise)
>tricot (math rock)

enjoy, user

Don't make posts when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

thanks for this.

Will never stop shilling Itsue and Uchu Conbini. God tier

>contributes nothing
>bitches

Boris, of course.
Listen to Feedbacker for some God-tier Drone/Doom

Wish I knew

Do you know any other jazz artists that sound similar I need more?

Been listening to this after I saw it in a sharethread
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY

Here are some general recs. If you give me more information, I can give you more specific recommendations.
pastebin.com/Cca07HuB

>pretty much everything haruomi hosono did
Apryl Fool isn't worth listening to really. Some of his solo stuff could be better as well.
Doopees/Yann Tomita, Eiko Ishibashi, Mariah, Haco/After Dinner, Miharu Koshi, Syzygys, Jon, and Jun Togawa/Yapoos. Also check out Shibuya kei.
Nice album.
Okkyung Lee is Korean. She's really good though.

OOIOO
Boris
Ogre you asshole

Three of my favorites

Jizue and Middle 9 are somewhat similar.

Thanks senpai will check it out

my b on the okkyung lee thing dood

holy shit this is exactly what I needed

but it IS 2016 and LRD doesn't come close to as good as pure noise music as pure noise music.

I don't get the appeal and honestly think they are so popular cause it's trendy to like them. They are fine to listen to approximately once.

Pulse demon by Mrzbow

Rocket Shrine by C.C.C.C. id about a million times better

Boris (noise rock, drone, sludge metal, progressive metal, post-rock)
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs (surf rock, post-punk, post-rock)
Flower Travellin' Band (proto metal, progressive rock, psychedelic rock)
Yellow Magic Orchestra (baroque electronic)
Akiko Yano (electronic and folk experimental)
Nujabes (jazzy hip hop producer, electronic chill beats)
Toe (post rock, math rock)
Magical Power Mako (experimental psychedelic folk rock)

those are probably the Japanese bands/artists I know of that I like most that I can think of off the top of my head

ruins and this
youtube.com/watch?v=OrqrSUsD61U

Vampillia is pretty amazing senpai
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ABcYfERAFE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlb79M_2FjY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dY34QRo2s0
Here's an actually good shoegaze band, can you imagine that?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLMKz7UmTaI
Also these guys
Thought power metal was shit until I've heard these guys, phenomenal band
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nsi9HEmZl9Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_smqcOTfwY

doopee time
!

It's not pure noise music, it's noise rock.

If you apparently get the appeal of The Velvet Underground then why don't you get the appeal of LRD? They're both great rock/pop songs with walls of noise but LRD is heavier and louder.

>honestly think they are so popular cause it's trendy to like them
They've been one of the most iconic bands of their scene for years.

GOAT

Coaltar of the Deepers

Already there m8

Kazumi Watanabe has some cool funk/fusion stuff.

mudy on the sakuban
burrrn
tokyo shoegazer

woah this is firee

Pretty much browse through the pastebin and look up certain sites and band histories - the underground seems somewhat incestuous so easy enough to find a trail of bands and solo projects that interconnect different artists

Daisuke Tobari
Aiko Shimada
Kazumi Nikaido
Ichiko Aoba
Afrirampo
Guitar Wolf
Limited Express (Has Gone?)
Supercar
Clams
Civic

any new recs MK? nice to see u back around

You're just saying words at this point

What LRD album should I listen to?

'77 Live is the best starting point and one of their best period

>They've been one of the most iconic bands of their scene for years.
that does nothing to dismiss the notion they are popular because of their image.

they are shit man. They didn't write any great songs. they wrote mediocre ones and just turned up the gain until you couldn't hear shit. The fact that they are literally just imitators of TVU detracts from their appeal, it doesnt add to it.

Shintarp Sakamoto for lounge/ exotica

>that does nothing to dismiss the notion they are popular because of their image.
It certainly suggests that there's more to their appeal than hipsterism

>They didn't write any great songs
Enter The Mirror is a great song with or without stupid amounts of distortion. And aren't instrumentation and production important pieces to the music?

>The fact that they are literally just imitators of TVU detracts from their appeal, it doesnt add to it.
I didn't say it added to their appeal. I said the appeal was similar. And they're far from imitators. They took ideas from White Light White Heat but that's where the similarities end.

Sorry you have trouble enjoying them. I think they're great but I can understand that they're not for everyone. Denouncing them as garbage just because you personally don't like them is pretentious.

>It certainly suggests that there's more to their appeal than hipsterism
No, a band being massively popular among hipsters actually does the exact opposite you loon

>Enter The Mirror
I couldn't tell you cause I haven't wasted my ears on this garbage in so long I don't recall that and anyway it's pretty telling you bring up a single example to argue this. the instrumentation and production are massively poor so yeah I guess it does play a big part. You should listen to Sonic Youth instead if you actually like music.

You will grow out of it someday anyway. You can only listen to somany records before you die and someday you are gonna realize you'd rather pick up something better cause it's not worth listening to, unless you are a spineless loser who sits around convincing himself its as good as the good old days and can't admit he was just an impressionable kid who got lured by the hip mystic and high gain of this mediocre trash.

B O R I S

Hiroshi Sato is a genius
youtube.com/watch?v=29jhWIO_mlM

I like Babymetal and Band Maid.

Wata

Shintaro*

I don't care if this gets me hate, but I love BABYMETAL's new album. I honestly haven't been this excited about music since the first time I heard Tool.

The rabbit hole goes deep too. Now I'm even finding myself grooving on Sakura Gakuin.