Would music be different if John Lemon was still alive?

Would music be different if John Lemon was still alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S008kVfN8Fg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

was ist musik anonen

The Beatles probably would have reunited at some point, that's really it. They were all well-passed their solo primes when he died.

Nah doubt it. He had a few good songs and he was a good artist but I mean ism personally couldn't get into him or the Beatles. Don't think he was super special but deserves a place in the music community

⭐️Is the Oasis guy?⭐️

Paul released his best solo album the same year Lennon died

probably not. he would end up like paul, releases an album every so often, tiny hype but thats about it. the beatles wouldve reunited and probably made another album if he was still around though.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure the Beatles would have gotten back together during the early 90's.

"no"

yeah it would be a lot worse lol

Seriously.

youtube.com/watch?v=S008kVfN8Fg

It would have been so much worse as to have been nearly inconceivable, with almost all genres dying out.

Good music wouldn't be underground.

John Lennon was recording what in 1980 people regarded as poorly-weathered soft rock. Two years later, The Message came out.

I think everything would be OK.

Would be a lot faggier thats for sure.

He is more powerful as a force ghost than he would be as a solo artist IMO.

>implying Chaos and Creation in the Backyard

Lennon had alright tracks but Yoko was bad on him.

Paul ended up making the better music.

Is Imagine the most overrated song of all time?

maybe one or two more "classic" albums out of him in the mid 80s/early 90s, a beatles reunion + one more album, but not much else.

Wait, john lennon didnt make this album??

He'd be seen as a wife beating, misogonistic, cis white male. Not that he wasnt when he was alive, but people would actually hold it against him in this day and age.

>if John Lennon had survived, he would have been Bill Cosby'd in old age

Depressing to think about.

Not really. John Lemon was a huge hypocrite, his music was about love and peace yet he beat his son and wife. Hes a piece of shit tbhfam.

Brits tend to be shit in general

Just look at how hollow their people are

John had completely turned his life and attitudes around by the time he was murdered, that's a large part of why it's so sad. His marriage and the healing he got from the Lost Weekend helped him enormously.

He still hadn't been making an effort to talk to Julian.

May Pang helped him and Julian get closer together. It's pretty reasonable to assume that their relationship would've improved had he lived on past 40.

his solo career was awful though

That was during the Lost Weekend, which was half a decade before John died. When he and Yoko got back together everything else

Brits are literally the cancer of the human race. Its england that needs a nuking, not the middle east.

he'd probably collab with kanye

haha an ex-beatle collaborating with kanye like that would ever happen

Not at all. Music might be different if he never existed though.

lennon live gigs sounded awful he´s fucking overrated

Yeah. And it would have been some really embarrassing, shameful 80s Live Aid-type shit or something

In crazy la la land maybe, heh heh

one of them did... or am i remembering wrong.

one of them did colabs with some trendy young people, mainstream radio rock.

I remember Yoko saying she thinks he would've stayed relevant in the changing popular music climate

That he would've been the first white rapper

it would be worse, probably.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

13 year old edge lord me liked him for his communism

Now I like him differently, than his retarded communist ways, and enjoy him. I don't know quite what I enjoy, but I just do.

Daily reminder (contrary to popular belief) it wasn't Yoko that Hindered Lemons' career it was the other way around. By the time they met Ono was already well recognised in the Japanese Experimental Scene and produced several works, when she met the hack Lemon that changed as he was very close minded about music and all he could say (in his proto-reddit vernacular) "Avant Garde? More like Avant Garde a clue!" due to him being unable to perform basic experimentation without external help thus forcing Ono to play mediocre Pop/Rock that he got famous for. Lemon is and always will be; a hack.

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a pasta, but it was George Harrison with the avant-garde quote.

his death made more of a difference than if he'd have lived

JOHN LENNON CHOSE THE HIPPY LIFE
HE CHOSE SOME NUTBAG FOR A WIFE
AND HIS SONGS WERE NEVER QUITE AS GOOD AS PAULS

>AND HIS SONGS WERE NEVER QUITE AS GOOD AS PAULS
(not true, by the way)

he was truly a genus

John's guitar playing is absolutely manic on Plastic Ono Band and probably the best thing about that record, shut the fuck up.

>he was truly a madman

ftfy

>Avante Garde
>Good art
pick one