Are American winters colder than British ones?

Are American winters colder than British ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/polar-vortex-what-is-coldest-winter-uk-weather-cold-snap-why-arctic-met-office-a7402611.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, just look at your pic.

Some parts are, some parts aren't. The upper plains and Great Lakes are colder.

Shouldn't have skipped geography classes, britbong.
Continental climate, feller, look it up.

>With an average temperature of −2.1 °C (28.2 °F),[6] January 1963 remains the coldest month since January 1814 over Central England,[b] although over northern England,[7] Scotland[8] and Northern Ireland[9] February 1947 was generally colder, while December 2010 was also colder over Northern Ireland. Much of England and Wales was snow-covered throughout the month.[5] The country started to freeze solid, with temperatures as low as −19.4 °C (−2.9 °F) at Achany in Sutherland on the 11th. Freezing fog was a hazard for most of the country.[10]

>28F
>record low

haha could sure use some global warming!!

Learn to read. 28F was the winter average. The record low was -3F.

>-3 is a record

lol

after global warming we will be in eternal winter
kinda ironic how that happens

I used to live where -30c winters were common, and UK winters feel as cold mostly due to moisture rather than temperature

It may be similar for the bongs this year. We are just exiting an El Nino weather pattern, setting up for La Nina. For the western 80% of the country this means warmer / wetter winters.

The Weather Critters have said the polar vortices are going to shift much further to the east this winter, affecting New England and Old England much more.

So you bongs and micks might get to enjoy those wonderful gifts from Canada.

My state will become a desert.

Enjoy, bongs. Time to buy that new parka.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/polar-vortex-what-is-coldest-winter-uk-weather-cold-snap-why-arctic-met-office-a7402611.html

In parts of US, yes.

we're going to have an arctic winter this year

average temperature of -14ºC
this weekend is going to be -8ºC

cannot wait

Can your new muslim friends survive those temperatures?

they say the same bullshit every year since the winter streaks of 2008-2012

yes

>live in a yellow area
>mfw any day of the year

dat the margin of hillary vote percentages?

is alaska colder than those states?

British record low: -19.444C (-3F)
-3F is above the average where I live for winter. The coldest it's been here is -40C (-40F) with a -51.111C (-60F) windchill.

ya
ty gulf stream

Along the shoreline and in the south (Juneau, Anchorage): no.

Inland (Fairbanks): yes.

We don't get cold winters or hot summers here desu

The summers are getting hotter each year though

Yeah this year was pretty intense desu

Depends on the region. The northern part of the midwest, up around Minnesota and such, gets really fucking cold like you wouldn't believe. Probably why scandies like it there so much.

Two years ago Lake Superior was within a week or so of freezing over completely. It was 95% covered in ice. That's 83,000 square kilometers.

>He misses out out on the most comfy weather

Pathetic TBQH

Jesus that reminds me of when I lived in Denver.

the northern lights on a cold winter night where you couldnt get out youre house if you tried, is just glorious
the best reason to miss a day of work too, "cant come in today, theres a 10 foot snowbank at the end of my street from the snowplow"
it was glorious, if you could make it through the snow out to the lake

>record low of -3

Seriously? It gets colder than that here. I thought it actually got cold in England.

The crunchy squeak of shoes on a deck when it's clear and still outside. The deafening silence of extreme cold. Already -12C and dropping to -20C. Feeling the boogers inside your nose freeze because breathing through your mouth makes you cough.

>what's an average

The silence of snow is beautiful. You need to experience it at least once

No, I accidentally read the 2.9F as 2.9C

why is it that Britain is stereotyped by eternal cloud cover and fog but French beaches are seen as the opposite. They aren't that far apart

Are you retarded?

i know you are but what am i

The Shinning was mostly filmed in the UK, but they did use fake snow.

>-3F

T-shirt weather

averages weather ≠ day by day weather
if it rains one inch a day for seven days strait in london, and its sunny for 6 days and rains 7 inch on the last day of the week in naples, then they both have experienced the same average rainfall that week, but obviously naples was the much more sunny destination

remember, statistical averages are useless to the individual, the average human has on testicle one ovary and 2.54 kids, how may people do you know who have one nut and one tit, or how many people do you know who gave birth to 0.54 of a child?

>western-europe
more like wet-europe lmao cx

looks like northern exposure

in fact i'm convinced that is where it was filmed

Yes, and the summers are hotter too.

>using metric units to make yourself look smart and sophisticated

Dude, those are wind chills / heat indexes. But yeah, it can be miserable. Add tornados in the spring and well, there is autumn.

t. used to live in DuPage county

No dipshit. It's to communicate. We're not in Myunmar or some other shithole 3rd world country that still uses imperial units. Oh wait ...

lrn2read

also it's -1ºC tonight already

>100°F
>hot
lmaoing@dumb flyovers

It is when it's humid too.