What does Sup Forums think of mac demarco? i think he's pretty talented and he's got a pretty unique sound...

what does Sup Forums think of mac demarco? i think he's pretty talented and he's got a pretty unique sound. his music's good to get high to

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Various-Greatest-Shits-A-Mix-By-Mac-DeMarco/release/5757801
youtube.com/watch?v=NY8IS0ssnXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CbQv1zbYaGE
youtube.com/watch?v=RbS9GhdOTYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6bfTTeZOrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=4TmzS9n24YY
youtube.com/watch?v=XXidMOs6hVU
youtube.com/watch?v=1tFjx2jHwIA
youtube.com/watch?v=mHqPrL_wpy4
youtube.com/watch?v=oqCebME-qnU
youtu.be/jBem8RETJDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One of the few artist where I actually dislike the fanbase. Bunch of rich kids ironically trying to dress "poor" just for kicks

2 and rock n roll nightclub are my fav from him salad days is okay has some good songs but also too samey which gets boring quick

his demos are tight too

bit of a one trick pony. but his one trick is pretty good.

i agree with you about salad days being really repetitive, i never understood why people like that one so much

Nice background music to chill and talk

>his music's good to get high to

fucking degenerate. Can't you do anything without being a fuck up?

coming from someone who's never done any sort of drugs, you "muh degeneracy" people are literally the fucking worst on this board.

>coming from someone who's never done any sort of drugs,

whoa, hey, nypblog shitlord

nah both are the worst.

I've had my "fun" with it. nothing cool to brag about when you have a bad trip

"ok"

"neat"

>tonetta rip off watered down for normies
>unique sound

Dont listen to much of his stuff, but I like "My kind of woman."

>posts fantano

you're a million times worse you faggot

Lot of the songs that I do like by him just make me sad all around. Oddly enough I have a hard coming back to his music and only after long periods of time I'll come back to 2 and rock roll night club

Rate Mac Demarco's music taste
He made this mix for a cassette mixtape he sold at shows

discogs.com/Various-Greatest-Shits-A-Mix-By-Mac-DeMarco/release/5757801

>all that jap ymo core
>joe meek
>adrian belew
>steely dan

does mac use rym

Is he gay?

what's with all the weeb shit?

I wish. Rock n roll nightclub era Mac is so cute

Mustache Mac is nasty though

No he dated some girl for like 5 years but they broke up

he was the original avant-teen

>they broke up

Citation needed

he played a show at someone i know's garage on friday and no one invited me so fuck him

this would be awesome if it were your parents and even they didn't invite you cause you suck

my friends sucked him off and they didn't invite me :(

Cancer just like his fans and him in a couple years cuz of those omg cigarettes are so cool

Mac is the artist of our generation. He gives millennials a musical identity. Artists like Mac, Yung Lean, Bones, Vektroid, James Ferraro they would not exist outside of the Internet age but they came around early enough before the internet was monopolized by corporations and had some freedom left. This is a very unique time for music cherish it.

Kys man this is clearly bait

All garbage
90s kids up/internet generation of kids are literally retarded. Like your brain is likely stunted.

>finding tonetta listenable
>exposing your autism for the world to see

I guess I heard a couple songs off some album (I think Salad Days).

I didn't get it. It didn't sound unique to me. It wasn't even catchy. But the thing that surprised me was that he was just some other indie guy, he had a huge following and was relatively famous.

So what am I missing? Post some songs, maybe?

Here's some stuff I like from him
youtube.com/watch?v=NY8IS0ssnXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CbQv1zbYaGE
youtube.com/watch?v=RbS9GhdOTYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6bfTTeZOrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=4TmzS9n24YY

as usual scaruffi is dead on

ode to viceroy is easily his best song. some of his stuff is interesting but he's generally not very good

He's said that he feels good dressing up as a woman and is happy that his music videos are helping him explore that
But he's pretty straight

>he's got a pretty unique sound
not true btw

white privilege core

>Marc Demarco

One of the best pop songwriters in a long time in my opinion. Very fucking gifted.

in a p4k over/under, he said the only threesome combo he'd engage in is guy/girl/guy. sounds pretty gay to me. also his music is really gay. and he acts and dresses like a huge faggot. plus his fanbase is fucking gay. so yes very gay.

Lmao no he didn't

>not wanting to tagteam a bitch with another dude
i h8 this guy but c'mon

That's kinda gay but I'd do it, but he said ONLY if you don't want 2 bitches at the same time you're clearly a faggot

>c'mon
user, are you aware that you may be gay as fuck?

no good musician has ever been a homophobe

cum on famalam

>he's never listened to tonetta
>he needs to have it pussified knockoff cause he's a pleb

Drugs Drugs Drugs and I Can't Wait to Make Love to You are so entry level too

Music for people who don't listen to that much music.

Check out his ex-bandmate Alex Calder
youtube.com/watch?v=XXidMOs6hVU

I wonder why he didn't become popular like Mac.
He's pretty good.

Well Mac's fanbase is made up by a bunch of underage shitters and people who follow the crowd. So of course they won't dig for more music. Not to say Alex Calder is some obscure artist, but more the fact that Mac's fanbase don't seem to have a strong interest in music.

youtube.com/watch?v=1tFjx2jHwIA

this song made me cry last week :(

>this song made me cry last week :(

bitch pussy

Good slacker rock

I think he's a good guitarist. Kinda sounds like Knopfler.

Fuck, Kiki is gorgeous.

I hope that you will be as unhappy as me one day because of an heartbreak user. Sure It's painful, but it's a very strong feeling. The simplicity of this song sums up the whole concept behind the acceptence phase of a breakup that is when you just start being able not to drown in the sea of melancholy and try to adjust to the everyday life once again by floating over on your back, your eyes closed. Shorter glipmses of reality will hurt your eyes everytime you open them, until you find the courage to really move on, swim in freestyle. :((((((((

Literal cuck anthem

Utterly unique and chill as fuck

But not particularly interesting or innovative

i'm with you user

Still waiting for the new album.

That entire EP is one cuck anthem after the next.

i've never had a gf and i probably never will because i don't like talking to women (they're boring)

will i never fully understand mac?

this

Opinion for people who are passing their "I listen to Swans and GY!BE" stage and are just now getting into Wire-core.

Mentioning weed on Sup Forums is one of the worst fucking mistakes you can make, because it brings out both sides of faggotry
Side number 1:
>DUDE WEED LMAO THIS SONG IS SO GOOD TO GET HIGH TO DUDE LMAO I LISTEN TO DOPETHRONE WHEN I'M HIGH DUDE LMAO ALL MUSIC IS SHIT UNLESS YOU'RE HIGH
Side number 2:
>REEEEEEEEEE DEGENERATES NO FUN ALLOWED DO WHAT IF I GET DRUNK EVERY WEEKEND GETTING STONED IS DISGUSTING REEEEEEEEEE
Just fucking move on, for the love of christ

He looks like a less drug addled Cranford Nix
His music is good though

I got that tape after I did some art for him- pretty solid, He made everything on it sound washed out and shitty which kind of adds to it in a good way.

not all white people are rich

>generic jangly guitar shit
>unique sound

fuck this makes so much sense

what's your point?

most of the hooks and melodies from his most popular songs are plagiarized

go on google and do some research

I don't really dislike him, but his fanbase is absolutely awful, and he's inspired a lot of shitty bands

Half of his songs are about a love leaving him to be happy with someone else

he talks about how it's just not fair that he has slept with so many women and kiki so few men how he's had his "fair share"

what does he mean by this?

Homeshake is also good
youtube.com/watch?v=mHqPrL_wpy4

Homeshake is much better than Mac

his live show is absolutely terrible though

>tfw relationship with one of the most incredible people I have ever met is disintegrating
>love each other deeply, but not in a committed relationship because she is still dealing with recent traumas
>trust her more than any other person
>depression is ruining both of our lives and dragging the non-relationship down
>losing one of the best people in the world and all I can do is watch

relationships ending is painful and mental illness is fucked and I don't want to just move on because all that would do is prove to her that it will always end more or less the same.

adult relationships are hard Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=oqCebME-qnU

Literally one song and he credited the guy.

I like Mac. His music's pretty simplistic and it's accessible but it's also just really well written and performed. Mac has a good ear for melody and he has good taste. One of the few interesting indie artists right now.

He needs to change his sound up on the next album though I fear he'll lose momentum if he just keeps making the same shit.

Really? I thought his live performance was pretty good. Saw him in LA when he was touring with Sheer Agony. What didn't you like about it?

I like it because I literally zone completely out when listening to it. It's something different that I don't experience with a lot of albums.

>He needs to change his sound up on the next album

He probably just gonna add more Synths like Chamber of Reflection and Another One.

user it is not that simple

Pretty good. I enjoy the simplistic melodies and charming albeit weak falsetto. Most importantly he seems to be a pretty genuine guy as far as representing what he's into/about.

It's true his music/style is a bit repetitive, so I can see why some would get bored. I don't listen often, but when I do it's pleasant.

Favorite track is hoso boyo for dat nostalgiac melody, though I've heard it was ripped off from someone? youtu.be/jBem8RETJDc

I really liked 2 and then hated Salad Days with a burning passion and havn't listened to anything he's put out since.

pitchfork bible user

>genuine
I get the exact opposite vibe from his whole "I'm not really trying, whoops I got famous by accident" schtick

holy shit user thanks for the share, I can't stop listening to his album

He also released songs under his old Mold Boy moniker.

swap the ratings for salad days and another one

Stop the fucking cuck meme I hate you people

Spoken like a true cuck

where's your funny frog meme faggot

cuck

Yeah and they are not even using it right.

for a jangle pop/indie rock musician, he does bring some really nice guitar licks into the mix

He had the potential to become Ty Segall 2.0, but ended up becoming a meme and stale af when it comes to developing his own sound

this

your a dorable