Loved everything about picture related. where do I go from this?

loved everything about picture related. where do I go from this?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/anotraks/high-school-mellow-vol1-miharu
discogs.com/label/19271-Kitty-Records
youtube.com/watch?v=-0_5GqP2OaM
youtube.com/watch?v=e5-MvsiKoH8
unblockyoutube.co.uk/permalink.php?url=d5D4zsG3n1yrwOe1CfU/GgpOMVqlAOKvGJhJyUWKE09VlhXC19+J+3YUiZw8EoNi7Iwg/q1WJpo6gUL4jQKQ6w==
youtube.com/watch?v=hGcn6oGMFug
youtube.com/watch?v=0ayCu3-z96c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf just realized that's not a dishwasher

seaside lovers - memories in beach house
tatsuro yamashita - for you
haruomi hosono - pacific
miki matsubara - stay with me
ryuichi sakamato - thousand knives

look up city pop on google/youtube

what dishwashers look like that?

fuck I meant a washing machine. like for clothes

i honestly thought so but i wanted to give u shit in case there were actually dishwashers like that. have a nice day user, i hope good things come to you

what is this album anyway?

shouldn't this stuff go on /jp/?

Lol no it's not fucking idol shit
It's like lounge synthpop music

rly like epo-harmony. bit more synthpop tho

you ever look at it longer than a glance?

>ryuichi sakamato - thousand knives
This is great but not really city pop
and also going to be a bitch for him to find because for some reason youtube only has covers/alternate versions of the songs on this album

>shouldn't this stuff go on /jp/?
>Shouldn't music go to another board just because of its country of origin?
nigga...

*plop

we talking jaypanese musik?

thank you, will look them up soon

pretty much what said, it's a really good and relaxed lounge-album from 1977

i mainly said it because sakamoto plays synths on sunshower and helped compose some of it

city pop or not sakamoto is essential 80s japcore

then what the hell is /jp/ for if not japanese culture stuff?

neckbeards jacking off to doujin and visual novel games

I wish there was an entire album that sounded like sargasso sea, that song is so beautiful it makes my skin tingle.
Also this is a good one OP.

/jp/ IS for japanese culture stuff. That stuff is more than just music.

I mean fuck, every time a music thread is made over there, there are at least 3 dedicated anons who write "waa waa gb2 Sup Forums this isn't what jp's for"

soundcloud.com/anotraks/high-school-mellow-vol1-miharu

here you go my dude. thank me later, because this whole compilation is full of BANGERS

shit I thought it was one too
Came across it while looking for pic related actually, will listen now.

also check out momoko kikuchi - adventure
solid album

>tfw tumblr kids are now getting into city pop because of le vaporwave aesthetics

I don't know how to feel about this.
I guess it's good more people are discovering this music

thats where all the Japanese pop is talked about it. I just learned this now

We need a /kr/

Oh also kitty records (same label that album is on) released a shitload of this type of music, just have a scroll through their discogs page: discogs.com/label/19271-Kitty-Records

Also this album is great but I can't find a download for it anywhere, used to have it on an HDD that was killed. Should check slsk.
It's only idols though, and they barely even talk about music, it's like /kpg/ except each band has its own thread. I used to browse /jp/ a lot when it was new but it's become a horrible generals board.

funny thing is that I actually found the citypop-tag from that vaporwave-thread on here earlier. since I've bumped into both sunshower and yamashita's for you on Sup Forums from time to time - and now seeing both on the top of rym's citypop-list I figured to give a chance.

checked the first tune and it's pretty solid, thanks. bookmarked

Anyone here heard this? Been looking for it for ages but can't find it anywhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=-0_5GqP2OaM best music ever ma f.r.i.e.n.d.s

>This video contains content from PONYCANYON. It is not available in your country.

kill me

Pizzicato Five
youtube.com/watch?v=e5-MvsiKoH8

A little unrelated, but I was in Japan in June and went to one of those Doutor cafes and took a dank shit. Anyways while I was shitting I heard this suuuper relaxing slow tempo synth pop song where the chorus basically went "is it ok to stay here?" (or something similar) over and over. It was so tranquil and the turd just slid right out. Does anyone know what song I'm talking about here?

sax in place of the lead vocals muzak-core

WhaTTTTT---? it is Matsuko Mawatar's "Nice Unbalance". I love it cuz I watched YuYu Hakusho so many times by now

Dang, this is smooth shit.

Looks like you can just look up city pop on RYM and you have a compete list more or less.

this shit is fucking popping fuck me nigg

>ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_5GqP2OaM
can't find in the archive please upload man

unblockyoutube.co.uk/permalink.php?url=d5D4zsG3n1yrwOe1CfU/GgpOMVqlAOKvGJhJyUWKE09VlhXC19+J+3YUiZw8EoNi7Iwg/q1WJpo6gUL4jQKQ6w==

>unblockyoutube.co.uk/permalink.php?url=d5D4zsG3n1yrwOe1CfU/GgpOMVqlAOKvGJhJyUWKE09VlhXC19+J+3YUiZw8EoNi7Iwg/q1WJpo6gUL4jQKQ6w==

Based user.

checc the chart

Did city pop become a meme on here or what?

yes cause of v*po*w*** and it's awful

anyway, friendly reminder chisato moritaka is more qt, talented, and influential than everything posted in this thread combined
youtube.com/watch?v=hGcn6oGMFug

She scream
Aaaaaaaaaaa

>more people discovering an awesome genre is a bad thing

Stop being rude, Chisato would be very upset with you right now.

>tatsuro yamashita - for you
god tier stuff, also recommend looking up japanese funk 80s on youtube to get a playlist of songs.

Opinions on this?

i know she would, i'm sorry i just wanted attention plz love her
youtube.com/watch?v=0ayCu3-z96c