Since when did hating on Slint actually become a thing on Sup Forums?

Since when did hating on Slint actually become a thing on Sup Forums?

A while ago talking shit about Spiderland would make you get a lot of stick from people, now it has become a regularity, and even on "Sup Forumscore rate" threads it gets very low scores.

Just curious.

more people listened to it

Since that one thread where some jack hole here said that Slint should be the kings of rock and roll instead of Elvis.

Personally, I really don't like this album at all, but I don't really see anyone hating on this album. If I did, I would come to its defence because I do respect how good this album is. It just isn't my thing I guess.

It's the same with Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel, and pretty much anything else Sup Forumscore. Hating Sup Forumscore is an ironic meme on Sup Forums now for some reason.

Plebs on this board are too obtuse to see past the hushed spoken vocals and odd time signatures to truly see what a great work it is. Ignore them, for they are fucking retards.

>Flint
Mama mia!

>gets posted daily
>we hate it

wtf i hate slint now

>liking Flant
Mimi Mai!

LE DISSONANT TEENAGERS SCREAMING IN 7/11 AND ALSO SWIIMINGGG!!!

They are fucking shit, I had enough with edgy teenagers in my town using overdrive and le weird time signatures cuz we are so inteligentt.

This is proto nu metal. Disgusting really.
Forcing meme albums and trying to establish them as "classics" should be a crime.

Only because scaruffi and pitchfork dickrides them doesn´t mean they are good.

They became slightly popular

This. People don't really "listen" to it, they just hear it and pass it off as boring without fully being immersed.

>you have to listen to it 15 times before it starts to get good!
Fuck off.

Those are some radical inferences you're making there, bud.

When Sup Forums was created in 2006.

My favorite part of these threads.

Jumped the gun a bit there didn't ya, sport?

>pitchfork dickrides them
slint were already huge before pitchfork reviewed them you memeing faggot

u just see it so often

Not awful but no where near 10/10 that many believe it is

Because people realized they weren't even the best band from Louisville in the 90s.

Pic related.

I gave it 5 listens. Go nowhere do nothing songs full of mumbling vocals and infantile guitar. I gave it all the "immersion" I'm going to give it. Period.

b8?

how do you listen to something 5 times?
and it is good

i've never liked slint or spiderland

One of my fav albums op, I only use this board for finding new music. Sup Forums core helps people listen to things they never would have before for better or for worse.
>using this board for reviews from anons
Just don't give a fuck what anons say about the music you enjoy op

>how do you listen to something 5 times?
Are you ok? Do we need to send an ambulance to your house or something?

since this board no longer contains people that post anything of value. AKA kiddos who are too young to know Slint in any capacity

it's barely proto-post rock, more just basic mathrock/post-hardcore with some edgy lyrics about social alienation.

i really do get how it can mean a lot of be the right album for a certain time in people's lives, but it really really is overhyped.

Chris Ott?

>I'm sorry
>and I miss you

Anything popular on Sup Forums gets an equally strong push-back because Sup Forums's identity is based on being contrarian. As something gains popularity mu feels obliged to hate on it. e.g Death Grips, David Bowie, Odd Future and now Slint apparently.
Also you need to take good ol' shitposting into account too

slint is kind of a weird and hilarious thing to suddenly hate though. most people who think about it consider it a classic; the people who don't think about it, well, don't think about it.

like if Sup Forums decided to hate Another World.

It's because David Pajo got cucked

cri ebritiem

Such a good album. Listened to it just now since I hadn't in a while. So sparse and atmospheric for such a loud and abrasive album.

>mostly negativism ITT
>you don't hate it

It's always been a running joke to hate on good albums to trigger the majority of people who enjoy it e.g. itaots

>Sup Forumscore
>a thing

pick one newfriend

Most of them are just le edgy middle class suburban kids "muh ennui". Brian is cool though, had to drop out of college because he couldn't afford it, parents never supported his musical vision because his grandfather was a musician and poor. He also contributed to the albums most influencial moments too by prettt mucy writing Washer which started post rock. Britt is a spoiled rich fag though, the others were just kind of there and used as recording tools.

People wised up

britt seemed kind of autistic in the documentary desu. He's a great drummer though.

Just to add to this, the record is a classic, nothing like it will ever be released again and it was the best musical statement of the 1990's until Soundtracks for the Blind came along and added some maturity and depth to the genre and pushed it past "muh social anxiety, muh girlfriend". F#A# infinity was also around too which kind of sits somewhere outside of these two because it was purely instrumental.

He's your classic eccentric rich suburban whie kid, I kind of got the impression Brian got sick of it because he could just do whatever he wanted and his family had his back wheras Brian actually had to be realistic about his life choices because he couldn't fall back on his family. So he quit the band and that was that, they pretty much had to stop, he drove the bands sound forward from the Tweez stuff, it's heavily inplied Britt was the driving force behind Slint, but there is no doubt in my mind Brian was the one who had the biggest impact on that records overall tone, he also made the decision to cut a track from it too.

haha le quirky time signature lul xP

I hated them the 1st time i found their works. I listened spiderland several times because muh all-time masterpiss critics rec. Good thing they disbandoned

The only meme is that people are tricked into thinking that Sup Forumscore is actually good

Louisville truly produces great music at an insane level per capita.