Tfw too patrician to enjoy hip hop, post 1990 electronic, and most forms of rock music

>tfw too patrician to enjoy hip hop, post 1990 electronic, and most forms of rock music

cool bait user I give it a 7/10

I'm serious. I only listen to tribal and rolo

You're not patrician if you unironically like Lynch. He's Tarantino tier.

>>

wow and op just keeps on giving, I'm changing my score to a 9/10 now

fuck off
please be b8

I feel the same, I guess I'm just to intelligent.

sounds like a pleb 2 me

Lynch is at least Godard tier

hoo boy

you excited for your first year of college, user?

>le im too good for tarantino Sup Forums-shitter

Any directors similar to David Lynch who utilize a lot of dream logic?

David Bowie
David Byrne
David Grohl

Only great movie Tarantino ever made was Resevior Dogs.

for a more contemporary filmmaker check out guy maddin

and also look into the classics of surrealist cinema. bunuel is a good start

thanks man. anyone else in the classic surrealist cinema department you'd recommend particularly?

Plenty of "patrician" musicians like all those things. You're a tryhard, have a nice day.

lol

Hello Sup Forums, this summer I discovered the album The Future Starts Here by The Doors, or as I like to refer to it "Mana" by "Heaven", the experience opened my eyes to what true music, and by extension true life can be and I've since been making a conscious effort to avoid staining myself any further with the ways of the unwashed masses. Its been a rollercoaster ride since then as I've been listening to albums (full albums, not singles, my favourite so far is Mothership) from such unsung luminaries as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeppelin...The list goes on, I've even started wearing old unappreciated fashions like fedoras, trench coats and kilts and blending them into my own unique style.

I have become as you say, a patrician.

Look deep inside your heart. You know it to be true.

If you had come to that conclusion on your own it'd be one thing, but nah. You're not capable of that, are you?

Buñuel

There's one thing and one thing only that the mods could do to immensely improve the board, instantly, overnight, and that's facilitate more threads about David Foster Wallace. Create them, nurture the ones that exist, guide the discussions, and make sure they stay on track. If we're here to discuss literature, ultimately, we are here to discuss David Foster Wallace. There is no way for a person to grasp the full implications of Infinite Jest and not realize this. We're talking about the smartest man who ever lived. You must realize this. It's not a joke anymore. We're seeing the world degenerate further and further into chaos, and we're standing by and watching it happen. You want to fix this board? You want to fix the world? You want to fix your life? You need only take one step: read Infinite Jest. There is no substitute for hard work, and that's what Wallace requires of you if you are to understand him. If you are to understand not just him, but the world. We're not talking about escapist literature, fan fiction, genre nonsense. We're talking about saving our lives. We're talking about meditating on God. We're talking about communing with the primary presence. This is not an issue to be treated lightly.

It's his only movie where his characters have more depth to them than looney toons, and their dialogue is superb. His command of tension is also masterful. That's why it's his best.

Lol just stop.

No u

don't insult looney tunes like that

hes got a pretty fair point

It's literally the same point that all dumbass contrarians have.

You idiots need to start thinking for yourselves and stop regurgitating shitty opinions in order to fit in.

>hurr omg im so enlightened and got so much class
>hurr look at this old man he has so much class he represents me i bet he'd be so proud of me and all my class and old taste of his dick in my mouth

Pathetic senpai.

no, its a fair point m8.
you think im sitting in my basement alone trying to fit in?

Yeah, to try to impress all your buddies over at Sup Forums

I don't browse Sup Forums at all. It's just a conclusion I came to after watching his movies.

yeah ok but it was a more than fair point

cronenberg

Yeah I read what you had to say the first time, sport.
Uh huh yeah ok. Hopefully as you get older your opinions won't be so terrible.

neat ok

But David Lynch enjoys all of that, and even makes rock music.

it wasnt a terrible opinion
it was a more than fair point

Jackie Brown was the best movie of the 90s

>Post 1990 electronic
Lol listen to more music m8

>claims to like music
>doesn't understand the inherent value of all art
>proceeds to shitpost so other contrived asshats will affirm him

That would obviously be 2nd year

>saying """electronic"""
>patrician
lol