youtube.com/watch?v=rwmEhf5ejyk
youtu.be/5t8yn4WdALw
youtube.com/watch?v=zKbqyuaXolg
youtube.com/watch?v=-TCosGI8_zU
youtube.com/watch?v=5rf3lEsUbbk
clyp.it/qunxqnzw
youtube.com/watch?v=IUsvRaRk9Fs
youtu.be/OoBJXwdn2Jo
themusicstoreuk.co.uk/ashton-spcg44bk-classical-acoustic-guitar-pack-full-size-right-handed-black.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v_j8Zb4LLdw
youtube.com/watch?v=9MTVsd3f8r8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Homosexual guitarist edition

I'd let him gum my anus.

lost interest in this thread when I saw Steve Vai and Guthrie Govan. have an extremely dad time, folks.

Eh, you're not wrong. Electric guitar might as well be the accordion as far as 2016 is concerned.

But knowing that and coming here and complaining about Lawrence Welk makes you look just as out of touch though.

Does anyone have experience with Eminence speakers? The Private Jack looks good for my combo but I'm sure you guys can give some insight

>narcissistic
>sociopathic
>musically illiterate
>thinks he's hot shit
>thinks he's clever but is actually retarded

is Martin Shkreli the platonic essence of a guitar player?

White strat or blue strat

>is Martin Shkreli the platonic essence of a guitar player?
Nah, he's nowhere near old enough.

blue LP

dont insult based shrekeli

he look really fucking autistic it hurts

Gibson sucks shit

Has anyone tried out Rocksmith on steam?
It's not good at all for teaching you theory and how to be intimate with your instrument, but it's fun to pop on and play covers.
I've put in close to 250 hours and feel like I've learned a lot from using it. Every song I play I try and get into the mind of the player. This way I can keep practicing riffs and try and figure out their technique or come up with my own to play it.
Overall, it's definitely helped me learn how to move up and down my fret board and cross strings.
Best part is that I can plug my amp in at the same time and hear exactly what I'm playing.

Give me a good answer faggot, Id rather wipe my ass with a shitson

I would go white.

this piece of shit POG sucks and I can't find a sound that I like. Can anybody recommend me something that'll give me more drone/synth sounds rather than goofy ass octaves

Hey dude, thinking of getting that cathedral electro Harmonix pedal. Is it worth it for a showcase/ethereal sound?

This youtube.com/watch?v=UxHXjQR9a9A

Bump

anyone know what genre or song is in this intro?

youtube.com/watch?v=rwmEhf5ejyk

dont know the song but that sounds like every other post-rock song in the world

Ok hamering notes. I remember tapping was a sacred thing but now its norm and not in its best possible form. When jeff beck, eddie van halen, and fripp accomplished this technique they did it rarely and still focused on the basic chords and framework that it takes to make a pleasing guitar track. Thoughts?

What are you trying to say, everyone constantly taps random notes? That's really only true for mediocre Guitar Center teens

No.. Kek "random notes" i havent heard that phrase used in a long time. I meant when the three stated guitarist executed their technique they had minimal overdrive distortion at least thats said for jeff beck. But the idea that your hammering in notes during recording than when reproducing the sound live compensating for volume loss via distortion, or compression. Zakk Wylde will hammer in a note here or there but its not his focal point he can still pluck out a solid blues run. Is hammering notes worth it if volume loss is inevitable? And if so why have some guitarists chose to move in this direction?

>Is hammering notes worth it if volume loss is inevitable
That's the whole point of hammer-ons/pull-offs/legato - the attack is much softer and it gives your playing a different vibe

>why have some guitarists chose to move in this direction
I haven't noticed an increase in players using legato. But in any case, it would be boring as fuck to pick every single note all the time.

Digitech drop

Best modern day guitarist coming through

>my vagina when his serial number starts with >MX

If you use hot pickups or active pickups the volume loss is a non-issue. Hammer on will have a different sound and attack compared to standard picking, but volume wise will be very similar. If you play entirely with legato this frees up your right hand for something like a killswitch or whammy. You can get some neat effects through only legato playing and tapping a killswitch in time to cut notes short for example.

That isn't Buckethead

>buckethead
leave

>le quantity bucket man

"no"

>octaver does octaves
Wow who knew.

I just traded my am standard p bass for a better condition, newer ric 4003. Am I the luckiest man alive?

Post what songs you're learning right now

I saw a dude who got a jazz chorus for 15 bucks, so no, but reasonably, yes, in value, no, in upkeep

nth for best Satch album since Crystal Planet
youtu.be/5t8yn4WdALw

DIIV is pretty chill guys
youtube.com/watch?v=zKbqyuaXolg

Learning the chord progressions for Giant Steps

probably a fake lol

maybe try the ehx microsynth.

I've played rocksmith for a year and it hasn't taught me anything but a few songs, I still suck. It's a fun game though, if you're into that sorta thing it's fun.

>It's a fun game
That's really all it is. People should stop pretending it's anything more than Guitar Hero Advanced.

Alright I have a Chinese Squirer bullet telephone and a shitty 10W amp from when I got scammed 6 years ago. Learning the basics right now so not too miffed but once I get the basics down I'm gonna want to upgrade.
I'm looking for something with a warm and thick sound (i.e. I wanna be able to play shoegaze) and an amp suited to that with a ~$450-575 budget.
Anything to look out for?
Also I live in Austin so I doubt I could flip this crap for even $100 here but do you guys think I'd have better luck selling it at some pawn shop in the middle of nowhere?

Yeah, I like it and I think that type of sound can be dialed in but there's better options out there, especially if you don't need the stereo outputs.Look for a digitech supernatural ambient reverb.

I totally keep meaning to get one of these and it keeps slipping my mind.

Just saw this now, but oddly enough I just got offered one on trade for the POG. I think I'll take it and see how I like it.

yeah I forgot everything I learned in it
it's fun to play bass with an electric tho

>Chinese Squirer bullet telephone
Hello?

Also willing to buy used ofc and go up to ~$650 if it will get me a large jump in quality
???

J. Mascis Squier Jazzmaster - more guitar for the money than any Mexican Fender except the Baja tele

You're welcome

Oh fuck I didn't see that
Telecaster*

Check craigslist

Yeah, but any recs that I should look for?

blue obviously

>If you use hot pickups or active pickups the volume loss is a non-issue.
I have both a hot humbucker and some more mild pickups in the same guitar. I dont think it's a matter of output level but rather finger strenght, the harder you hit with the left hand, the louder the note is.
There's one video where Guthrie Govan talks a bit about legato and hammer on/offs but I cant find it back, I'll post it if I do.

youtube.com/watch?v=-TCosGI8_zU

Medically speaking, is it even safe to hold a bass guitar like that? Look at how strained her right arm is, that's ridiculous.

What are you talking about ? It's fine, it's a bass player. It knows what it's doing.

Medical concerns aside, that's a really shitty way of holding a bass. Your dynamics are out of the window and you can't reach all the neck in a consistant manner.

That must be hell for her back too,

that's the amp i have

its pretty good but i need to put wheels on it

Fluff's Travels

youtube.com/watch?v=5rf3lEsUbbk

The bass or her tatas?

What's the name of this Stevie Ray Vaughn song again? It popped into my head this morning and I can't remember the name at all...I think it's a SRV song anyways.

clyp.it/qunxqnzw

I know, right? I've never understood this "let's strap the bass as low as possible" trend. I don't know if you can see it form this picture, but her bass is usually very low. I'm surprised she can still play like that.

from that picture* my bad

>clyp.it/qunxqnzw

You've almost got it. You're trying to play, what sounds like, Scuttle Buttin'

youtube.com/watch?v=IUsvRaRk9Fs

That's it, thanks. Yeah that's just from the vague memory I had of it. Cool track.

>her

Sounds like Scuttle Buttin'. Keep workin on it.
youtu.be/OoBJXwdn2Jo

Hey /gg/, for shoegaze which guitar would be the best and why? Asking because I don't know shit about guitars

Any guitar is fine for shoegaze, you drown your signal in effects so much that it doesn't even matter.

I noticed that sometimes people who played shoegaze were using an offset body guitar so I wondered if that meant something or not thanks

What do you lads think about this
themusicstoreuk.co.uk/ashton-spcg44bk-classical-acoustic-guitar-pack-full-size-right-handed-black.html

Is it good for a beginner ?

That's just because it's trendy and people have no originality. The tremolo bar on jazzmasters,jaguars is useful if you want to copy Kevin Shields but really you can do that with any type of guitar.

She's playing bass in a death/doom band, it's not like dynamics is any of her concern at that point.

But man touring like that? Looks like you'd wreck your arm/back pretty quickly just for the sake of looking cool

Whatever catches your eye. /gg/ will probably make fun of you no matter what you find anyways...

>tfw you only play blues and punk rock on your jazzmaster

Only ever listened to loveless once, don't listen shoegaze in general. I just picked it up because it was by far the comfiest guitar I ever tried.

Can I play dream pop and shoegaze on a stratocaster?

There's LITERALLY nothing wrong with playing the blues. In some respects the blues is more difficult to master than other styles because of all the subtle nuances to developing your own technique.

Paul Gilbert said it best:

youtube.com/watch?v=v_j8Zb4LLdw

Please respond

>dem tittays

how does one get a big titty gf like this?
will guitar help?

I'd kill to have a stratocaster

>In some respects the blues is more difficult to master than other styles because of all the subtle nuances to developing your own technique.
That's assuming every other genre doesn't have any nuances in their playing.
I hate how much guitarists circlejerk around blues like it's the greatest genre ever played.

>themusicstoreuk.co.uk/ashton-spcg44bk-classical-acoustic-guitar-pack-full-size-right-handed-black.html

A classical is different from an acoustic, just incase you didn't know. I really wouldn't recommend this anyway

PS
>tfw no gf

Does a $500 budget for a MIM start and amp sound good?
Most strats I'm finding on Craigslist are around 300 leaving me 200 for an amp

blues is pretty boring to play after a certain point

jazz blues gets a bit more interesting because they're throwing substitutions and stuff all over the place, but straight blues is ughh. its just the same shit over and over

>I hate how much guitarists circlejerk around blues like it's the greatest genre ever played.

It may not be "the greatest genre ever played"; but there's a reason for its enduring legacy -- because of how revolutionary it has been to modern performance. It's a go-to for millions of starting guitarists and represents a wealth of knowledge for advanced guitarists to improve their playing.

Learning the subtlety of bends in the blues is single-handedly the most important tool a guitarist can utilize in their playing, more so than scale exercises in Classical or any mount of jazz progressions combined.

What classical guitar would you recommend for same price range
And why you didn't like it

>pat Martino is going to die soon

How do you guys deal with that fact?

>david gilmour will die soon

this feel is worse user

You're buying the cheapest possible guitar you could find, it's going to be a cheap piece of shit but you probably already know that so what is anyone here gonna say? Is it good for beginners? Yeah it's a guitar, that's a good start.

>Learning the subtlety of bends in the blues is single-handedly the most important tool a guitarist can utilize in their playing
modifying the pitch of a note to reach another had never been done before blues, right ?

I was making the assumption that you didn't want a classical.

No knowledge of classicals at all bar £25 no name ones

Don't really care much about the blues, but Gilmour is still good.

>tfw new generation of guitarists are edgy twinkles with 7 string FLAME BURST guitars

I never said that, pleb. I only said learning the subtlety of bends in the blues is single-handedly the most important tool a guitarist can utilize in their playing.

If you know the blues, and know it well, you're an objectively better guitarist no matter what style you prefer.

gilmour isn't very bluesy, he has a bit of it in his playing, but he's way more spacey than bluesy, if that makes any sense

>the most important tool a guitarist can utilize in their playing.
because what use is legato, syncopation, or all these great other tools when you can just bend a note and pretend you're deep

the bending in blues isn't even difficult

you want to see whacky crazy bends? jerry fucking donahue

youtube.com/watch?v=9MTVsd3f8r8

So what's the 12 bar blues, 2-5-1 or rhythm changes of our generation?

I vote for Im - VI - III - VII