Glass onion comes on

>glass onion comes on

THE WALRUS WAS PAUL

>Ob la di comes on

glass onion is easily in the better half of songs on the white album

>half of the songs on The White Album come on

>birthday comes on

confession to mu: i don't think the white album has any more filler than their usual albums
maybe even less, proportionally
it's just that it's so diverse that not every song can appeal to everyone

the loop at the end of Day in the Life doesn't come on

so do you prefer disc one or disc two?

>Long Long Long comes on

> Happiness is a Warm Gun comes on

not a big fan of the white album desu. Hardly any of the songs are fleshed out, and most of them are gimmicks

Happiness is a Warm Gun is the best song the Beatles ever made

Objective White Album Ranking:The Beatles (The White Album) Ranked:
1. "Revolution 9"
2. "Helter Skelter"
3. "Happiness Is a Warm Gun"
4. "Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey"
5. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
6. "Dear Prudence"
7. "Rocky Raccoon"
8. "Yer Blues"
9. "Why Don't We Do It in the Road"
10. "Back in the U.S.S.R."
11. "Glass Onion"
12. "Blackbird"
13. "Birthday"
14. "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill"
15. "Don't Pass Me By"
16. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"
17. "Cry Baby Cry"
18. "Revolution 1"
19. "Wild Honey Pie"
20. "Julia"
21. "Good Night"
22. "Martha My Dear"
23. "I Will"
24. "Sexy Sadie"
25. "I'm So Tired"
26. "Savoy Truffle"
27. "Honey Pie"
28. "Mother Nature's Son"
29. "Long, Long, Long"
30. "Piggies"

>1. "Revolution 9"
Are you fucking stupid or something? You think literal studio bullshit noise is music? Fucking off yourself.

>being this wrong

Strong argument to be made for this. I have other personal favorites, but this is a fantastic song. My other vote would go to It's All Too Much.

TAKE THIS BROTHER, MAY IT SERVE YOU WELL

>birthday that high
>don't pass me by that high
>ob-la-di, ob-la-da not near the bottom
>julia that low
>long, long, long that low
>i'm so tired that low

>29. Long, Long, Long

shit nigger what the fuck are you doing

yeesh, user. are you feeling okay?

you have the best taste

RIGHT
RIGHT
RIGHT
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

No you =]

Dear Prudence
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Blackbird
Mother Nature's Son
I'm So Tired
Julia
Rocky Raccoon
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Happiness Is a Warm Gun
Sexy Sadie
Helter Skelter
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Back in the U.S.S.R.
Don't Pass Me By
Glass Onion
Why Don't We Do It in the Road
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
Revolution 1
Yer Blues
Revolution 9
Martha My Dear
Birthday
Honey Pie
I Will
Long, Long, Long
Piggies
Savoy Truffle
Wild Honey Pie
Good Night

Did you just find a track listing and randomize it? No sane person would order these songs like this.

What the fuck did you fucking do to Long Long Long that's the best song they ever made you lil bitch.

>I'm so Tired comes on

Easily my favorite track on the White.

dammit, didn't mean to leave Long, Long, Long that low as I was pasting names in there.

I'd place it between Back in the U.S.S.R. and Don't Pass Me By there

I love I'm So Tired.

It, and a lot of songs on this album, has this really sluggish, weary, moody, burnt-out vibe as the 60s and The Beatles are coming to an end and kind of hints at a darkness really creeping in.

Kind of has the vibe the air / life has when you're coming to a dramatic, bitter end of a dragged-out relationship that you're still toxically attached to.

My father always saw the record as being really dark―not too far off when compared to their other albums and with songs like Helter Skelter, Long, Long, Long, Revolution 1 and 9, WMGGW, Yer Blues, Rocky Raccoon, HIAWG, etc. And the recording history, as you mentioned.

I'm sure he's had like 50 bad trips to this record on top of it.

>27. "Honey Pie"

are you retarded in the fucking head? or maybe the worlds most prominent pleb ever?

Why do you like showtunes?

>Piggies bottom 5
I actually really like that one...

I >JUST spent 10 minutes figuring this out so I expect some serious (You)'s you faggots

>GOD TIER
Dear Prudence
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Mother Nature's Son
Helter Skelter
Revolution 9

>GREAT TIER
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
Julia
Yer Blues
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except For Me and My Monkey
Long, Long, Long

>GOOD TIER
Back In The USSR
Martha My Dear
Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
I Will
Sexy Sadie
Savoy Truffle

>DECENT TIER
Glass Onion
Rocky Raccoon
Revolution I
Honey Pie
Cry Baby Cry
Good Night

>SHIT TIER
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Wild Honey Pie
The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
Piggies
Don't Pass Me By
Birthday

6 songs in each tier

Fuck off, it needs to be cut, like Piggies.

YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

this is acceptable

not a bad list

I have a soft spot for Don't Pass Me By, but I think that's a personal preference

ringo a shit
horrible pointless vapid shallow lyrics a 10 year old couldve written and the fucker couldnt even sing

Piggies is okay. There's nothing on the album I really dislike, it's just that there's a lot I like much more.

There is something in Piggies that has that 'White Album' atmosphere that I like about everything on the album.

It really is a very dark album. It's the sound of having been doing drugs with the same group of people for a while and being sick of them, and less benevolent parts of your own personality starting to surface. It also coincided with the collective darkening and burnout of a lot of people by the end of the 60s. And then of course Charles Manson casts a shadow over the album too, and for some reason, there is kind of a Manson-y vibe to it, the atmosphere of a lot of people joining fucked up cults or going schizo.

My dad was a hippie traveling the US in the early 70s and he says it could be pretty dark out there. I was a road hippie type myself for a few years and I saw some shit.

I like the rickety mining town saloon feel to the song, and the simplistic lyrics, and Ringo's simple delivery fits it

Well, Ringo IS developmentally disabled.

What more could you expect?

I think that's what I like about it as well. It's just a plonky unabashed song about love, doubt, and shame. Unlike Paul's Grand 'Ole Opry stuff, Don't Pass Me By feels less constructed and therefore more authentic.

and they always used his Ringo-ness well, when they did. don't ask more of a Ringo song than it can deliver, but it's suitable in its own capacity

I thought he was a great drummer though, one of those who delivered exactly what was right, which is how it's done

>Julia not in the top 10 at least
W E W

>GOD TIER
Long, Long, Long
Dear Prudence
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Yer Blues
Helter Skelter

>GREAT TIER
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
Julia
Glass Onion
Back In The USSR
Mother Nature's Son

>GOOD TIER
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
I Will
Savoy Truffle
Cry Baby Cry
Birthday

>DECENT TIER
Rocky Raccoon
Revolution I
Martha My Dear
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except For Me and My Monkey
Sexy Sadie
The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill

>SHIT TIER
Wild Honey Pie
Good Night
Piggies
Don't Pass Me By
Revolution 9
Honey Pie

I redid it a bit.

you ruined it

please leave

>all the plebs ITT
good night is the GOAT

im the original guy, you're not me btw

just to clarify

Good Night was the precursor to Spiritualized

>all these people hating Birthday

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

>le White Album "filler" meme

Shit, I didn't mean to imply that, sorry.

I am not the original poster. I'm someone to took their format and apparently ruined it.

It's like listening to Christmas music in June.

lol its ok just wanted to clarify cos it seemed like you implied that

revolution 9 is great though

>gag songs and serious songs in random order

WEW

The fact that "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey" is so high makes me laugh my fucking ass off. I love that song for ironic reasons but fucking hell that song is so bad. Wew lad.

Wild Honey Pie is my favorite song on the album. It sounds like sung tongs

Stupid Johnposter

it's a pretty good song with a great performance
would you think the same way if the lyrics were different?

this lol

Am I the only one that loves Rocky Raccoon and Goodnight?

It's called musique concrète you fucking philistine and it's objectively way better than most of The Beatles songs. You are the one who needs to fucking kill himself for having shit taste and opinions. Just hang yourself, shitscum.

I like Rocky Raccoon a lot. It's a good song.

Goodnight is a cute novelty tacked on. But it really does sound like something Spiritualized could have done as I said earlier.

It's like some people regard Rocky Raccoon as a throwaway novelty song because of the name, but it's pretty and poignant and develops nicely.

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da is better than it gets rated too. Especially if you don't listen to it as reggae because it's such off-reggae. It's just a weird, enjoyable thing in itself.

And Bungalow Bill - the name and its childishness and fake womens' voices make it seem kind of novelty, but the almost sinister verses have that creeping White Album-sy menace to it (kind of like the weed-paranoia vibe to Glass Onion or I'm So Tired) and end in those weird diminished chords later Beatles songs sometimes go into.

>GOD TIER
Long, Long, Long
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Julia
I'm So Tired
Sexy Sadie

>GREAT TIER
Helter Skelter
USSR
Monkey
Yer Blues

Shit Tier
motherfucking piggies
dont pass me by
revolution 9
why dont we do it in the road
rocky racoon

>the pixies did a fun cover of it tier
wild honey pie

>meh
everything else

Come on, it's such a joy of a song though.

>Piggies in shit tier
>motherfucking

Someone who hates Piggies this much is automatically my friend.

It is! That's why I like it, but I know it's pretty bad though. It's like watching a bad movie but it's fun so how can you hate it?

high five muh nigga

*five

>implying Dear Prudence is meh

>GOD-TIER
Dear Prudence
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Yer Blues
Mother Nature's Son
Helter Skelter
Long Long Long
Revolution 1
>HIGH-TIER
Back In the USSR
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
I Will
Sexy Sadie
Honey Pie
Savory Truffle
Cry Baby Cry
>MID-TIER
Ob Li Di Ob Li Da
Martha My Dear
Rocky Raccoon
Julia
Birthday
Good Night
>LOW-TIER
Glass Onion
Wild Honey Pie
Piggies
Why Don't We Do It In the Road
>REVOLUTION 9-TIER
Revolution 9
>RINGO-TIER
Don't Pass Me By

>cry baby cry
>not the best song

>30 songs
>only about 8-9 are actually good

dear god the white album is a trainwreck

your a dorable

>GOD TIER
Dear Prudence
Happiness Is a Warm Gun
Julia
Helter Skelter
Long, Long, Long

>GREAT TIER
Back in the USSR
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
Piggies
I Will
Mother Nature's Song
Sexy Sadie
Revolution 1

>GOOD TIER
Martha My Dear
Yer Blues
Honey Pie
Savoy Truffle
Cry Baby Cry

>DECENT TIER
Glass Onion
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
Birthday
Revolution 9

>SHIT TIER
Wild Honey Pie
Rocky Racoon
Don't Pass Me By
Good Night

>fake women's voices

Yoko Ono sings on that song. Is that what you mean?

Geez guys. Martha my Dear and Glass Onion are pretty good, so is revolution (the one that's actually a song)
Dear Prudence and While my guitar gently weeps, happiness is a warm gun, back in the ussr, julia... All great. I also like Rocky Raccoon.

The white album has a bit of filler, yeah. But there are loads of great songs on it, For some reason I only had disk 1 in my library but its a goodie.

>GOD TIER
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Dear Prudence
Mother Nature's Son
Long, Long, Long
Helter Skelter
Cry Baby Cry

>GREAT TIER
Yer Blues
Sexy Sadie
Back In The U.S.S.R.
Savory Truffle
Glass Onion
Don't Pass Me By
Julia

>OKAY/EH TIER
Revolution 1
Piggies
Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey
Revolution 9
Good Night

>PAUL'S FUCKING GRANNY MUSIC TIER
I Will
Martha My Dear
Honey Pie
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La Da

>UTTER TRASH TIER/FILLER TIER
Wild Honey Pie
Birthday

The 100% accurate rankings right here, prove me wrong

Shit forgot Rocky Raccoon
That would go above I Will but still in Paul's Granny Music Tier

still missing 2

Shit which ones

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

I'm So Tired
Long Long Long

>there are people RIGHT NOW in this thread that think Matha My Dear isn't one of the best songs in the album

>john would disagree with bashing paul's granny music

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

No one in the rolling stones was better than George Harrison on guitar buddy.

And Lennon's lyrics destroyed anything Ryan Davis and the Kinks did.

Daily reminder shit like Bungalow Bill was chosen above All Things Must Pass