just alcoholism and basically neglect

yes

this

Yep

No, I never had a father figure.

Why don't you help him out get it out of his system

And what would that entail?

yeah, he's a great guy

this is actually an incredibly difficult question for me and i really can't answer it. btw i like that album.

>tfw no qt daddy issues gf

Absolutely. Respect him more and more as I get older.

yeah what are you saying

Girls with daddy issues make for nightmare relationships.

Well you know maybe construct him a much healthier lifestyle

I love panera bread

I love my dad

No. He left when I was 3 or less and I don't really know him.

I'm a grown ass man, I couldn't give a fuck less at this point, he's beyond saving anyway

lol how do you imagine something like that playing out?

>recently disowned my own father
i regret it

>tfw your dad surprised you with tickets to see Bob Dylan together, just because

he's a bro

Well sorry if I couldn't help :/
Could be time consuming but it might work out

Yep

It's ok man, you tried. Poorly, but still.

shut up fag

They do

That's a fucking ace album, yo.

Nope, he left my mother, my brother and me with less than 75$ in the bank, and 8 years later he come back like "hey, i love you boy" because his life is fucking pathetic, he should think about the suicide...

>muh exploding aerosol cans

Yea. He was fuckin up when I was a kid but he's really turned it around lately and is a pretty great guy these days.

yes, he isnt perfect, he isnt exactly the dad i wanted, but he does his absolute best for me and my family so i do love him

My dad is a legitimately amazing guy. Has his flaws, but nevertheless I've always really admired him. Pretty much the same thing with my mom.

It's a shame I turned out to be such a piece of shit.

He was a sociopath :^(

>You got some issues you want to talk about

What is there to talk about? Any time I remember the shitfest called my childhood it just makes my blood fucking boil, talking about it before certainly hasn't helped. My parents were never involved in our lives, always partying whether it was drinking, drugging or both, or neither, just not having a fucking thing to do with the kids. I always tried to do the right thing and be good, never acted out too bad or got into real big trouble. They never taught us anything, they were always hateful and passive aggressive towards my sister and I. Abusive, would try to humiliate you like its no big deal, neglected and isolated my sister and I constantly then wonder why we turned out so shitty. I remember one time my "father" and I were arguing and he shoved me, I shoved back and I'm not kidding he said THAT'S ASSAULT I'M CALLING THE COPS. Or another time when I was 14-15 everything was going fine and dandy when I was airing up a tire on his truck. He actually slapped me because I wasn't going fast enough. Do you know why he doesn't drink water? Because "fish fuck in it." And now that we have come full circle, now that he is almost 60 and his health is shot because he partied his life away there is expectation of sympathy. Well guess what? I have no sympathy for the Devil. I care not what happens to a stereotypical fat stupid american when they don't even care about themselves. I drudge forward everyday trying to pick up the pieces of a broken life, 26 now and still trying to self-adjust.

>WHY DON'T YOU TALK TO PEOPLE user EVEN THOUGH I ALWAYS MADE YOU STAY IN A ROOM AND NEVER TALKED TO YOU WHY ARE YOU SO ANTISOCIAL??????

I remember one time I brought up his dad and he said GODDAMMIT WE WERE HAVING A GOOD TIME TIL YOU BROUGHT THAT PIECE OF SHIT UP

So you asked and there's my blog post for the day. Why do you ask? This isn't really Sup Forums related. Are you playing the psychologist today?

legit jelly of the people ITT who have good relationships with their dads. i don't know why i came into this thread.

thanks for reminding me that 2014 was a bad year for music

i don't know why i laughed at this

he dead

15 years ago

strangled by schizo

music for this feel?

>inb4 the band "My Dad Is Dead"

I love my dad very much he buys me taco bell on my birthdays and mows my lawn when im too busy shitting my pants and playing league!!

Last year he got me 5 Loaded Potato Grillers i was so happy! He's such a great guy!

>pic related; him 15 years ago

He's alright, I do love my dad
He means well but is an all over the place dickhead who can't focus on anything for more than a year or two
Gave up his $200k/year sales job to start a landscaping business in fuckin 2008 so of course we went bankrupt and I was like 12-15 during that time so I'm still kinda salty bout that
Basically I see all the shit I hate about myself in him and I really don't wanna end up like him, even though his life is generally comfortable and successful with kids/wife/nice house/etc

He's got great taste in music though and has shown me some good obscure shit I never woulda found through other means
I frequent Sup Forums and other music discussion sites and have for years and there are a lot of good bands he showed me that I've never seen posted anywhere on the Internet

hi son

I hate him. My mom is sweet though.

Left me and mum at age two, met him like once every year since then. Not the latest years though, last time I talked to him was about four years ago. Last I heard, he had a stroke and takes meds that make him sad. Of course I feel bad for him, but I feel bad for him because he's a human being going through that, not because he's my dad.

Well... shit
I didn't know parents could be so cruel like that. I mean yeah there are shitty parents but still. I know it isn't really about music and I ain't no psychiatrist but this thread wasn't really about music tbw with the exception of the pic of OP's post. Have you tried to confess your frustration to your parents on how you feel? Say this post to them and they may understand your anger

hi son im feeling a little better today thanks

yes, my dad is great.

I'm trying to fix our relationship but it's hard seeing as he cheated and remarried a few months after the divorce. That being said I do love the man, he's just an asshole.

he's alright worked a lot so i didn't talk to him much
i always however respected him for his commitment to his job and my family

That being said I don't know a lot of people who have what I'd call a "healthy relationship" with their dad and mine could be much worse so all in all, Eh.

i wish i had a father but instead i have a dad

He can be an asshole sometimes, but that's a lot of dads. He's a nice and funny guy for the %98 of the time :^)

Mostly yeah

We have an issue of him not fully understanding that I'm almost 22 and that I make my own decisions
He means well but his family had a pretty long line of matriarchs who would control their children well into adulthood

We get along I suppose

He's a piece of shit who won't go away. I don't even hate him, I'd just prefer him to never talk to me again. The worst part is he thinks he loves me and he thinks he's proud of me, and get suffocates me with it, because I'm the greatest thing in his life apparently, which is odd considering he left my mother and I before coming back to us years later 'cause he was jobless and was kicked out of his family's houses for being a piece of shit. My mother still hated him, she just did it of her compassionate nature. She put her life on hold to house her piece of shit ex. If he actually knew me he wouldn't be proud of me anyway.

He's a religious nut. I could never tell him I'm a gay leaning bisexual, that the reason I never talked about girls is that I'm really not interested them, that I smoke weed, that I'm fine with abortion, or that I don't really believe in God. He's also a conspiracy theorist, trying to essentially redpill me on shit I already know and believe, or spouting inane horseshit. He has a short fuse, yelled and cursed at me for asking him to literally put napkins under his plate so my table wouldn't get heat marks, just asking politely, never raising my voice, even after he did.

Thinking about it, I do hate him. I just wish he'd disappear. It feels like writing this would make him, but I know he'll call and text and harass me until I reply tomorrow.

No, he used to always cheat on my mom and beat her.

Sorry man, your dad sounds like a piece of shit.

he died when i was 5 never really knew him

I love their Mac n cheese. It's one of the only reasons why I haven't killed myself yet honestly

Go easy on ya paps.

not really; i don't hate him (except when he constantly psychologically abuse my mom). i'm a bit indifferent desu: we were never closed even if we both tried to connect several times. well, i guess he had issues too: his dad left when he was a kid.
the problem is i'm becoming more & more like him the more i get older. Turning into a bitterly passive-aggressive lonely dude is awful.

also he never listen to music what's wrong with him lol
(pic related is one of the few things he used to listen when he was young)

Nah, he's a punk ass buster.

yeah, we bond over normie shit like sports.

No, i don't even like him.

Yeah my dad is a fucking awesome dude. That nigga would hope in front of a bullet for me and has taught me all sorts of cool shit. He's basically the only reason I'm responsible at all.

Are you me?

Have you ever told him all this? Probably too selfish to understand anyway. Hopefully you can get your life going and tell him what a piece of shit he was. I'm not going to tell you to try and work it out... That's such a selfish childish way to be and I imagine it was much worse than your blog post.

But Sup Forums related he does have pretty patrician music taste I guess.

It's your life now homie. I'm glad you're picking up the pieces and you're stronger than most for enduring what you did growing up. I'm sorry that you didn't get what you deserved growing up, which is love and affection. It wasn't your fault.
(album rec becuase this is mu for fucks sake you lot of savages)

My dad is great. He provides for my family and has been very selfless about it for a long time. On the other hand, he's childish at times and in the past he has used his manipulative personality to run anyone of us down when we aren't being the perfect he wants us to be, even though he's far from it. It's weird, I get along with him well but I never express who I am to either of my parents and a lot of times I have a hard time looking him in the eye when I walk by and sometimes I have a tendency to answer his dumb questions like an asshole cause he's just verbally holding me hostage but I always feel bad. I really don't understand why I do these things.

He has a weird obsession with me not moving out even though I am about ready to buy a house soon, yet at the same time has expressed he would like grandchildren. Does he think I am gonna raise a kid in my bedroom?

Typically I am great at recognizing my emotions and my emotional responses but with him I have no idea why I am a shut-in.

Yeah, I do. He's that strong silent type that's pretty right-leaning in his beliefs. He made sure to work a shitty job for the state to ensure my sister and I had everything we needed growing up. He was always in the background though, I didn't develop an actual relationship with him until I left for college. He's reserved and I just can't help but wonder why he was never there for me like my mother was growing up. She was everything for my sister and I, my father was just the funds. So yeah, I love my father in a weird way, but it saddens me to say my mother did the real hard work and I love her more.

Thinks offering me food all the time will help my depression otherwise good

Have some gool

>Thinks offering me food all the time will help my depression

That's just his way of making sure you're okay brah without seeming like a nan

Hey son fuck you I can take care of myself.

Stop listening to Shitty Sun Kil Moon and try Red House Painters for a change

No. We don't really like each other.

this
he had nice taste

On one hand, he's kind of just a peice of shit. Can barely hold a job because he's too lazy, constantly cheated on my mom even though she's an absolute saint (she *finally* left him last year after 40~ years of affairs), real manipulative and angry. On the other hand, I've never doubted that he loved me and my siblings, I think he loved to the extent that he was capable.

I've never thought about it before until reading this thread, but my situation was quite odd. It seems like the normal "fucked up" dynamic is to have one breadwinner parent who's not really there and the other who's loving and available. They're both "supporting" in some way, at least. In my house my mom was everything: the money maker, the housekeeper, the teacher, the emotional support, the parent who was present, and my dad truly was nothing. He was just some guy who was kind of around and didn't really do anything.

he's dead

Yeah same here, I share nothing with him and he didnt really raise me. He was absent, the archaic head of family that doesnt deal with children. But I know I do love him, we just dont have much in common, and I fear becoming the man and father he is even if he's a great man

We're emotionally distant (unlike my mum) but me becoming more and more adult is helping our relationship grow somewhat.

My dad is very old now. He went blind at 18 (not profoundly - he describes it more like having your eyes shut but with more shapes visible), and for most of my life he was able to do things all my friends' dads weren't able to. He re-wired the house. He built the kitchen. He fixed the car. He ran a telephone exchange for 40 years. Now his brain and body are failing him, and he's in constant pain because of various things, but he still manages to keep his dignity. However I grew up listening to James Last, the Carpenters and ABBA. The old fucker has no taste in music whatsoever and there's little chance I can save him now.

tl;dr - yes.