This is so much better than tdagarim

this is so much better than tdagarim

Explain this. I'm kind of new to Brand New but Deja sounded like a semi-serious pop punk effort whereas Devil and God is a much more mature piece of work.

the only way I see this album being superior is that it feels kinda of nostalgic in a way and is reminiscent of the other pop punk bands around at the same time.

Besides, everyone knows Daisy's the best album.

Maybe if you're a chick or 15.

Devil and God is their pinnacle.

Brand New is a shit band and you have shit taste

Maybe if you're a girl

TDAGRIM > Daisy > Deja Entendu >> YFW

Objectively

Replied before I read this but exactly this

DE > TDAG > YFW > Daisy

TDAG>FOYD>Daisy>YFW>DE

this is correct

>7 years later and people will still say Daisy is not the best BN album

only ever listened to DE to be honest

This.

The leaked demos cassette.

Sounds like you have Deja mixed up with their first album.

first album is fun pop punk

Deja semi-serious pop punk

What do you mean by semi-serious? There aren't any jokes on the album.

what user has said was true, although there was growth between YFW and Deja too

Deja Entendu sounds a little bit like yelling teens to me in retrospect, the riffs are semi-basic. I like most of the songs but it's not blowing my mind like it used to. TDAG is just better.

True, the sound is darker and more thoughtful than YFW on Deja Entendu, they experiment with guitar effects more, there are better dynamics, varying tempos between songs...
but the choruses all are loud poppy power chord teenage-shouting, with a few exceptions.

YFW on the other hand isn't terrible. it has some really fun songs on it, lots of energy and good lyrics. However, it lacks dynamics and interesting tones that Deja has.

Oh come on, it's intentionally moody. Songs about man rape, broken marriages, cancer.

And YFW is just about poetic teen angst/friends/betrayal and moves around a bit more. YFW was more relevant to the scene of the time.

>Songs about man rape, broken marriages, cancer.
>semi-serious
That cancer song was about his grandpa. It's probably the most serious song they've ever wrote.

>Nobody plans to be half a world away at times like these,
>So I sat alone and waited out the night.

Like damn dude...

It's rude to argue with someone as mentally challenged as you, so I'll go ahead and quit.

I wasn't arguing brother just sharing some lyrics

DEJA ENTENDU IS NOT A POP PUNK RECORD FOR FUCK SAKE

Way more akin to emo and alt rock