Which one is more Overrated?

Spidderland

Spiderland.

Spiderland is the most overrated album of the 90s.

MBV. Spiderland at least sounds interesting. MBV is just
>DISTORTIONED GITARS WITH SOFT VOCALS LOL

Spiderland

this

I'm gonna listen to them both then leave a verdict later. Stay tuned.

Spiderland

spiderland

Really?? No one outside of mew knows who the fuck slint is or even mbv

Spidderland

They're two of the few Sup Forumscore albums that are actually good. If you feel the need to call these albums out more than AnCo or Kanye, you have legitimately terrible music taste and probably listen to shit like Grimes. It is therefor time for you to give up on music, because you're clearly no good for it.

spoderland.

>DISTORTED GUITARS WITH SOFT VOCALS LOL

spiderland

>I share a board with these plebs

everyone who knows anything bout rock music knows who MBV is, and they should know Slint as well, they were both pioneers in their respective genres.

Spiderland.

Instrumentals are amazing and well-performed but those vocals and lyrics....yeesh.

Spiderland

>listened to it once

>Thinks i listen to shit because i hate his favorite Sup Forums albums
Hope you're just memeing me.

Spiderland although Breadcrumb Trail is better than anything on Loveless.

Neither

The one that isn't Loveless.

Listened to it about 5 times, still not seeing what everyone is seeing here.

Spiderland is a very influential album that I feel has been outdone since

The should but alot of people
Dont

I think you guys are just saying Spiderland because you all like Loveless more than Spiderland

That's pretty much it. Neither are overrated.

Because they understand Loveless. I bet everyone here who answered Spiderland also hates Trout Mask Replica.

I do but that has nothing to do with it

I agree with spiderland has been outdone in its genre few other shoegaze albums match up to loveless even today

Neither are overrated u dumb fuckrds

I still love Spiderland tho

That's a tough comparison to make because Shoegaze has a very distinct sound while Post-rock is all over the place.

name 5 post-rock/math-rock albums better than Spiderland

>Post-rock
It's math rock you dicks.

Neither, they're both excellent and worthy of praise.

It's both desu

No. Sup Forumsdrone.

Threads like these are pointless and I wil tell you why...
1. On Sup Forums, Overrated means "I don't like it" and Underrated means "I like it".
2. Most of the people on Sup Forums have no perspective when it comes to music.

Nobody cares about what you think is pointless or not.

I'm so sick this backwards mindset that only Sup Forums knows about these albums. Both have been lauded by critics and publications for years and both have over 10k ratings on RYM. Get it through your heads. These are both ultra popular masterpieces of Rock, that are well known outside of Sup Forums.

Of course you don't care, you are part of the problem.

Nobody cares. There is no problem. The problem is you being a whiny fag about it.

Loveless

Spiderland's approach to post-rock is really cool. One of the few albums that uses the empty space in music to their advantage.

Loveless on the other hand is more based on noise pop than the kinda of noise rock/no wave/proto post rock stuff I enjoy like Branca or Sonic Youth or something more drony like Boris or Swans and so I am not a big fan of how much simpler it is as a result, too.

Wrong again.

I seriously hope that this album as a particularly weak opening track, otherwise I'm in for a very long 50 minutes.

loveless

spiderland is actually good

Wrong.

probably the grey one because it looks boring

kys

I think this will do that for me.

>shuffle
seriously, what the fuck man

get a room you two jesus christ

That was actually repeat mode, but thanks for reminding me.

pleb

>an album that can't be understood after one listen is SHIT!
Well sorry, Mr. Patrician-san, I didn't know.

Always thought Spiderland was post-punk rather than post-rock.

Loveless is difficult to listen because of the first weird two tracks. Rest is noise-pop.

You call those two tracks difficult to listen to? How do you think I feel listening to 9 other tracks of blatant repetition? It's like James Hetfield tried to write some girly music for his daughter to sing over.

>which is more overrated
Its all subjective. They are very different albums. I wont be able to say which is more overrated.

Loveless sounded cool when I first heard it but I've noticed after buying it that I only really like half of it, the rest isn't bad but I think people elevate it because it has 4/5 amazing songs. Spiderland is just a fascinating record, and this is coming from someone who's not a math rock fan and avoids hardcore/post hardcore like it was ebola. It's incredible and I think if anything, underrrated.

Are there many post rock/math rock albums?

literally Don Cab's entire discography

Spiderland

So we have one album that picked up where Sonic Youth left off and killed it dead, and one album that rebooted the work of Don Van Vliet and sparked creativity in legions of people who otherwise would have just made boring emo music. If a winner isn't clear here then I need to find a new place to discuss music.

kys my man

Spiderland is the most overrated.

Loveless changed the game, no contest.

What game?

The music game.

nah

Hence that one groundbreaking album that changed the direction of music again, that wouldn't have existed if not for the game being changed.

the game

but nevermind by nirvana came out in the 90s too :/

>My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991)

There's more to it? Do I have to play it backwards?

Notice how everyone is bashing Spiderland? This means that it can't be the more overrated one, and by proccess of elimination, MBV is more overrated.

>tfw flawed logic

No you just have to stop being a pleb

That's because a lot of people don't give a shit about rock music anymore

Loveless is more overrated. I like the album and can appreciate how good the sound quality is but it's a little bit like the same idea rehashed 11 times. Spiderland is more dynamic and packs more of an emotional punch.

Loveless because there is in fact better shoegaze out there but people keep toting it as the best in the genre. It's still a masterpiece.
See: m b v, Susurrate, Swirlies

CREEPING UP INTO THE SKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

They're both deserving of their praise t b h but I'd take Spiderland over Loveless. It's more dynamic with more ideas and every component is necessary for that album to be what it is, every moment had to be perfect. Loveless is fantastic and it creates an atmosphere but it is a very guitar-centric album with little focus elsewhere. The drums might as well have been phoned in.

>vocals and lyrics
>implying they're bad
Both are great. Brian's lyrics are a major part of the album and his youthful yet somber delivery of them is perfect for the sound. Stop baiting.

>RYM
>"""""critics""""
Sure thing user

Fuck you

Is it really hard to use dynamics effectively in a musical album? Why can't Loveless turn off at least one of the thousand pedals in use for a half second for dramatic effect? I don't even need to delve into actual musical content to tell you why Spiderland is a fantastic album and why Loveless is overrated shit.

Both are great. You have shit taste and you are probably insecure about liking stuff that's well known.

lol. Dumbest shit I've read all day. These were two if the first two indie rock albums I listened to when I started getting into music (I was 14 years old). That's years before I ever came to this board. I still love both albums to this day (I am 25 now) despite the fact that my tastes in general have changed radically. Also I know plenty of people who like both bands. Anyone remotely interested in alternative music has listened to both of them.

But only one of those albums are good and there are quite a few regularly-discussed Sup Forums albums that are fantastic.

god this contrarian hate for spiderland is legitimately cringeworthy. kill yourselves

fuck you

Normies don't even know what the fuck these albums are

This.

What is Washer?

Spiderland is more influencial, shoegaze died out after like a year or two. You still here elements of Slint in music today