Do you ever feel like you can't take your own language seriously?

Do you ever feel like you can't take your own language seriously?

Whenever I read something scientific/literature etc in Turkish I just can't take it that seriously, it feels I'm reading something written by a monkey trying his hardest not to shit himself.

Fantastic thread

Thank you my friend.

I don't know this feel

Rap in most languages but English (the ones that I understand, I mean) sounds fucking ridiculous, though

This, en español.

No.
Russian is very good for science, philisophy, poetry and prose.

totally opposite

whenever i read or listen something in english
i just cant take it seriously

they all look and sound like Sup Forums memes or some lines from south park

You can make English sound formal and scientific by just replacing every single word in a sentence with a longer and more obtuse word, so I don't know this feel

>tfw literally everyone hates how my mother tongue sounds

Whenever a "what's the shittest sounding language" thread starts, it's either cantonese or vietnamese at the bottom of everybody's preference.

I don't know this feel :^)

Dutch, Arabic and Hebrew are all worse

Only because of the guttural sounds, Vietnamese is just unfortunate.

Not specifically language but I love the Imperial System. Some of the conversions are so ridiculous it's fantastic

This feel is all to real. I have to switch to English or Spanish to take anything seriously. Kek.

It's easy when your own language is effectively extinct. Listening to schoolkids do horrible Irish covers of pop songs is the epitome of a dead language. Just let it rest in peace.

Meh I disagree. I may be biased because I've been around afrikaans all my life, but guttural languages sound cool, and "strong" to me.

The languages that sound bad in my opinion are romance languages. It's hard to describe, but they all sound "dirty".

Cantonese doesn't sound bad to me, just confusing.

I never take English seriously, which is why I shitpost in Esperanto.

t.self hater ekşici cuck

Would you mind sharing your secret?

I hadn't realized it was possible to suck your own dick

Yes, everything written in Brazilian Portuguese sounds fake or exaggerated or pure bullshit.

I wish I could read other languages

That's because you're an Americanized piece of shit brainwashed to believe English is superior.

I kind of agree.

Stuff in English seems a lot more believable and well researched.

It's just you, my friend.

I sometimes think our language (English) is too simple

I know this feel.

Doesn't make it any better that written Finnish is different from spoken one.

Sometimes.
At times I don't how know to describe something in portuguese and just say it in english and everyone looks at me with like in the pic

I have another problem. I cant take any other slavic language seriously. It`s something absolutely irratioal, I cant help it, their languages are abssolutely hillarious.

See

Some people here in Russia believe it`s a sign of good english.

You're probably used to reading and writing in English too much. I sometimes have the same feeling.

Here they believe it's a sign that you're an arrogant cunt and an USA's pawn who hates your own country.
i.e 3rd world inferiority complex

And they're right.

All Turkish words sound like a joke to me.

No, honestly, written Finglish is autism incarnate.

I've had that feeling when listening translated music or someone speaks with a heavy western dialect.
In most cases I have that trouble with English and especially Swedish because it leads my thoughts straight to those country memes.