Aphex Twin

So I picked this album up the other day in an attempt to get into the world of electronic music, and I can't stop listening to it. It's interesting and unique and cool in all these great ways. After being into it I was told I need to check out the ambient works stuff so I did and I can't help but to be underwhelmed and kind of bored by it, suggest me more like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TxfQaTl25EI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Try Rossz Csillag Alatt Született by Venetian Snares.

youtube.com/watch?v=TxfQaTl25EI

Autechre - Tri Repetae
Altern 8 - Full On Mask Hysteria
Orbital - In Sides
Monolake - Momentum
Future Sound of London - Dead Cities
u-Ziq - Lunatic Harness
also kys for not liking SAW

check out drukqs by aphex if you want more of Richards autism (i mean that in an endearing way.)

This and also the Venetian Snares album, Traditional Synthesizer Music.

And to tack on to the other guy's list:
Kim Hiorthoy - Hei
Squarepusher - Hard Normal Daddy

his old record label, rephlex, has some fun stuff. bogdan raczynski - samurai math beats or thinking about you, the astrobotnia stuff, maybe some wisp or monolith or dmx krew

tri repetae, i care because you do, drukqs, syro

i don't see why you don't like selected ambient works 85-92, it's imo his best

It's not BAD or anything but also not exciting. I can understand how it might of been interesting and groundbreaking at the time but after growing up in a world inundated with ambient music in commercials and movies and popular culture it isn't as striking and different as this album was to me. I've never heard anything like this one before.

There's literally nothing like SAW 85-92. I agree with you about RDJ album, it's one of my favourites too.

my recs 4 you

Hangable Auto Bulb - AFX
Rushup Edge - The Tuss
Envane - Autehchre

I listened to ambient works first, and kinda liked it, but it never really stuck with me. Moths later I listened to Richard album and it is the shit though, and basically I feel the exact same way. Can someone explain why ambient works such a masterpiece? Maybe I'm just not listening to it right.

theres not much to say mate, if you dont like techno then you probs wont like it

Yeah but what makes this stand out, is what I'm asking. I'm listening to it again now, and the transitions are pretty smooth, the instruments have a way of just naturally layering over each other in such a way that the flow is never disrupted. Very subtle.

its very well made, even today i think it still sounds pretty modern, i honestly cant flaw many of the tracks on it, perfect balance between groovy and atmospheric

It's just got a bunch of great melodies.

Listening again and I gotta say I'm enjoying it a lot more. Ptolomy is god-tier. Still think I like Richard more tho. This mite be a grower tho.

SAW 85-92 is Aphex-lite™. Don't feel ashamed OP, the RDJ album was when Richard really hit his stride and started killing shit. Saw is still good, but it's not on the level of RDJ, SAW II, Druqks or SYRO.

>SAW 85-92 is Aphex-lite™
N O
O

Xtal and Heliosphan are the best ever

on the flip side

recs if i like SAW85-92 and also SAW2

>suggest me more like this.

+10 - grace
wisp - nrthndr
clark - body riddle
bogdan raczynski - alright!
µ-ziq - lunatic harness