Why is this considered good. I've listened to it 4 times now and it hasn't clicked...

Why is this considered good. I've listened to it 4 times now and it hasn't clicked. Why the fuck would the put a wall of guitar distortion over each fucking song.

Other urls found in this thread:

juvenilehearing.com/2015/09/04/my-bloody-valentines-loveless/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it sounds good

it's a meme

Why the fuck would they put pop guitars underneath each fucking wall of distortion

It's only good if you like drugs.

If you're interested, take a look at a blog piece I wrote about it a while ago.

juvenilehearing.com/2015/09/04/my-bloody-valentines-loveless/

Listen to it a 5th time. And I'm dead serious.

But also keep in mind that these songs are supposed to represent a vague, hazy, far-off memory. Hence the barely audible lyrics and huge walls of distortion.

DUDE WEED LAMO also helps.

Not true at all

listen to it louder ;)

contrast, if it weren't for noise JAMC would sound like every 60s pop group ever.

because it's shoegaze, that's the entire fucking point. slowdive does the same shit, you either like it or you don't. personally loveless clicked in the first minute, and now i have a newfound love of shoegaze and dream pop

This. It completely fit for me but I know most of my friends wouldn't be into it. You either like it or not, it's not for everyone.

>literally the most fucking accessible Sup Forumscore album

>it doesn't "click"

Millenials need to fuck off 2bh.

Actually very true. you'll never understand the shoegaze psychedelic experience unless you've tripped before and experienced ego death

I actually bothered listening to it today. I had heard before that it was basically simple pop songs played through a thousand gallons of distortion, but I didn't expect that to actually be accurate. What the hell? Why does anyone like this?

Probably the most pretentious comment I've read on here in a long time you deluded middle class gobdaw. "Muh spiritual ego death with psychedelics" they literally just turn you into a fucking idiot for 8 hours half the time you're so caugh up in yourself that you're not experiencing anything but an intense narcissism masquerading as in depth examination. It's fun, but it's nowhere near as awe inspiring as you're making it out to be.

This guy gets it. I liked the album before I started gobbling mushrooms

typed a lot, but said nothing, blowhard

I actually said a lot and typed one paragraph, again, you're a pretentious dickhead full of affectation and delusion, keep thinking you're great though.

Begone, goblin.

If you think LSD is about narrasim and spinning visuals you don't really know anything about it, so slow your roll, faggot

THIS IS LITERALLY THE MOST ACCESSIBLE ALBUM OF THE 200-300 THAT TYPICALLY APPEAR ON MU CORE CHARTS.

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT DUDE!!!!

what's even worse is anything psychedelic about Loveless is aesthetic. it's not like we're talking about the Exegesis of PKD where experiencing ego death provides context.

But it is, the act very of taking the drug in the first place is to elevate your "consciousness" over others you deem "less enlightened" to seek out some misguided abstract higher plane of thought that really does not exist. It literally just rewires your brain for 8-12 hours and you regress into a state of awe because your cognative function is shot to shit. It's an illusory experience not rooted in actuality or you conception of the spiritual. It is literally just turning you into idiot for a while under the pretense of self examination. Don't try and elevate it to something it isnt.

if you knew anything about it youd know its been studied and its not as abstract as it appears, but go ahead with your misinformation I'm sure you'll convince a few drones into never trying it for themselves

I just take it because the random shit you start to spout makes for neat lyrics.

I agree he sounded pretty pretentious(so muchso it was probably bait) but shit man, if you really think that is all psychedelics has to offer, then you really haven't experienced psychedelics to the fullest.

And that's fine, at least you don't have any pretense about why you think it's neat like the other faggots in this thread.

It has been studied, I know it's effects, I've experienced it multiple times, it makes your brain regress to a point where everything seems new and awe inspiring, this is a trick your brain is playing on itself due to the man made chemicals you have ingested, literally nothing more, anything else and you're reading bullshit pseudo science articles for moronic college students to circlejerk over. Grow up you pretentious ass.

you're just a pleb son

To say those experiences are meaningless though is silly...Just because thoughts and reflections happen under the effects of drugs, doesn't mean they shouldn't be reflected on after, and be dismissed as nothing. Ego death is a powerful experience, that within society the mere of experience of can be a pretty radical paradigm shift given that in western culture we basically are brought up to think constantly about our egos without ever realizing we even have one.

Ego death is a powerful experience, that the mere experience of can be a pretty radical paradigm shift, especially in western culture where we basically are brought up to think constantly about our egos without ever realizing we even have one.

Your listening to it with your ears when your meant to be listening to it with your arsehole.

you're an idiot

ego death has nothing to do with shoegaze you pretentious fool

Doze off to it, like jumping into a pool of sound.

He's gotta be trolling man

You're kinda looking at this type of music the wrong way, it's not a wall of distortion that you have to struggle to hear the song through, you just have to not focus on singular elements too much and let yourself feel as if you're becoming absorbed by the noise. It's more of like a sensation at that point, and less of a sound, it's meant to be enjoyed in a different way.

"Dude my experience was superior to yours you just dont know how to experience them at thei full potential XD"

This is an argument I've encountered a lot, it usually comes from people who are fairly dull (im not saying you are one of these people, but a lot of the time this argument comes from people who lack a certain amount of self awareness to begin with) and easily impressed, so naturally when they try something like acid/mushrooms/dmt etc. They think it's some kind of profound mind altering experience. The really profound experience of psychedelics is taking them and seeing past the bullshit surrounding them and just having a laugh at how ridiculous the experience itself is with no preconceptions. Fuck one time I did it during a warm spring night and ended up listening to Keith Sweats "Twisted" for hours. People tout lsd as a psychedelic and surreal Lynchian experience, when really, it's more like watching a Farrelly brothers film.

LSD is cool because it lets you perceive things in a different way.

One thing I love about it, is that I can actually get sucked into a book and really experience it. I never get that sober.

It's also great for tackling issues or problems from a perspective that isn't available sober.

It's a lot more powerful than just le wacky fractals

You are a moron. You are more likely to learn more about yourself from dreams than a fucking acid trip. You're seeing and thinking in fractured associations, your mind is literally deceiving you to cover up thoughts it does not want to make explicitly apparent. Just enjoy the stupidity of it and see it for what it is instead of deluding yourself dude.

keep on listening and you will never unlisten again

And you are basically saying your perception of the experience is superior to everyone else's, and totally 'the really profound experience.' Immediately writing off every claim that someone may have had a deeper experience as lying or just narcissism. You've closed your mind to the idea that a deeper experience exists, and have decided that truly having a deep experience with it is realizing the experience doesn't exist. Which makes no sense... It seems like you've just not experienced it, or have chosen to write it off as nothing so that you can feel smarter than all the people who believe there is more to it.

Deluding myself? Where is the delusion? All I've taken from it is a new perspective...Why does it bother you so much that I learned from my experience? Because you didn't?

honestly i'm sort of a 'acid was a profound experience' fag but this guy i'm making a lot of sense
I mean it doesn't change the fact that i have had beautfiul and emotionally intense experiences on acid or shrooms, but come to think of it it's pretty hard to articulate exactly what it taught me. I mean it did give me a small confidence boost and made me less self deprecating because of a moment on acid where I just felt how dumb it was to constantly shit on myself
But I can't say I 'understand' the universe or touched God or whatever, they were great experiences nonetheless but I was probably just much more sentimental and emotional during the trip

All you taken is some repeating digits, no ego death about it

No user, WE'VE taken some repeating digits

What do drugs have to do with Loveless being good or bad? Is it one of those bad albums that happens to sound good while on drugs?

That is the profoundness of it though, you were able to analyze your own normal thinking patterns in such a way that you could see which ones were inefficient and destructive. It makes the entire cognitive experience feel so totally alien and different, and projected into the senses that it can be analyzed, broken down, and rebuilt. Obviously not over the course of a single trip maybe, but it shows us ourselves in a way, and with that information we can do whatever we choose.

>It's accessible! That means you have to like it!

Nothing. It's just people who think they need drugs in order to enjoy music skewing this thread off topic

I agree, Loveless is basically a 6/10, very ordinary shoegaze shit. Listen to Psychocandy if you want actual great and emotional stuff.

You don't grow as a human being if you need substances to do that for you and usually just revert back to your old way the more you forget the experience. It's illusory.

I mean I see what you mean, because over time the profound newness of the experience does dull a bit, but given that the thoughts are introduced, and they are regularly reflected on, pieces of the trips stick. Not all people are affected the same way, and you're making baseless claims. I'm naturally the type of person who learns all I can, and takes all I can from really everything I do, and naturally I did the same thing with tripping and psychedelics. I've gotten a lot out of it, and would definitely describe my experiences as profound. Generally when somebody has an experience that shakes their whole paradigm of thinking, it tends to stick...

And nobody said anything about needing substances, but they are a useful tool.

It's true that psytrance-listening neohippies advocading psychedelics this way are annoying, but taking mushrooms when I was 17 was one of the memorable moments in my life desu.
The wacky fractals you all dismiss in this thread actually made me want to understand why my brain wanna does this when I ingested this stuff. I ended up studying psychology/cognitive sciences because of this.
Now I only take boring drugs like booze, codeine and weak weed tho, because psychedelics are now for me a 6 hours long panic attack basically, and I haven't met someone who is very interested in the neuropharmacology of drugs IRL.
I had a smarter friend than me who understood without taking psychedelics that what we experience everyday of our lives is not reality, but a limited, fit-for-survival perception of it, and that's good, but all this stuff was a bunch of valuable experiences for me.
I haven't touched God or found the Truth and shit like that, but I don't think I would have been the same person today if I took cocaine instead of mushrooms and LSD during that time of my life.

Lsd just reaffirmed the inherent pointlessness of our time here on earth for me, I've used it multiple times and each time I've just ended up laughing at how ridiculous everything is, and how much people around me where "whoa so introspective". I gained confidence and grew as a person before I used it myself, and I've been through depression and everything before it. I'm fairly confident in who I am as a person, what I'm capable of vs what I'm actually willing to do and settle for etc. I just found that it rewired my brain for a while so I could laugh at everything that I normally laugh at sober: the facades and personas people adopt so people form a certain perception of them, the subtle oblique inferences people make from day to day as a way at sublimating their frustrations and insecurities etc. It just amplified peoples bullshit for me, wouldn't call it spiritual or life changing in the slighest. Strangest thing that ever happened on it was when I went into the bathroom, looked into the mirror and my face started growing hair until I looked like a wolf or something, again, ridiculous.

I agree that the comment was pretentious, but this is just ignorant.

He said "click", as in understand. Not like.

I think it's ignorant to think a drug gives some "profound" insight into reality.

Keep listening. If you never get it then give up and forget about it. It's a great album, one of the best rock albums of all time, but you might be incapable of appreciating it, but don't worry, there's plenty more great music out there.

The thing is that the melodies are burried under than noise. Once you get them, the feeling is great. That's when the whole thing clicks.

Honestly, it's the least accessible. The more distortion in music = the more difficult. And Loveless is drenched in distortion.

>I've already experienced all these things
>everyone else's bullshit was all I could see!

Idiot.

I liked it on my first listen. Am I partrician already, guys?

Try it with this perspective in mind next time, I gaurantee it will ruin your trip noticing everyone else's bullshit faggot.

>implying more accessible than ITAOTS
>implying more accessible than Kid A
>implying more accessible than MBDTF
>implying more accessible than American Football

quality b8 m8. In fact, the only Sup Forumscore albums on this chart that are arguably less accessible than Loveless are STGSTV and Exmilitary.

+1. Most of these albums are accessible. Not Loveless, unless you're already into shoegaze/JAMC/Sonic Youth.

What are the elephant sounds?

The album actually "clicked" for me today.
I genuinely enjoyed it for the first time, gonna listen some more now

you fell for the lsd meme hard, bud

ITT: people listening to Loveless on their garbage headphones

The second slice of the album is very accessible especially What You Want and Blown a Wish. It's mostly easy listening.

>tfw didn't really like record first time I heard it
>can't even remember when it "clicked"
>by the time I realized I was super into it I was standing in awe at an MBV concert with my ex back in '08

idk senpai

I'm not trying to act high and mighty but i really enjoyed this album on my first listen, through laptop speakers, with no real shoegaze background. What's not to get?

>elephant sounds
top kek

Please every newfriend in this thread, you don't have to like everything on first listen, and sometimes you will find yourself not enjoying a widely acclaimed album like Loveless at all. You should ask yourselves why and learn something from it. Be it newfound appreciation or articulate criticism, you will surely find an opportunity to expand your taste.

this is a 10/10 post, deal with it

I didn't like it for quite a while either, but I persevered with it because I could feel I was missing something about it, eventually it clicked for me when I started listening to the melodies underneath the distortion, if you focus on the noise its just kind of annoying.

>a borderline freak folk album more accessible than Loveless
>a completely left fieldalbum from an otherwise mainstream band more accessible than loveless
>MBDTF is a fucking meme because it was an unexpected departure from Kanye's early garbage therefor it was discussed a lot (mainly mocked on release and talked about ironically the same way old boots, new dirt is) which is the only reason it's Sup Forums core along with the clickbait p4k score
>an album where the opening track is the only solid composition on the entire LP more accessible than loveless.

Try again buddy.