How do you discover new music?

I cant find anything on this board that isn't memes or Kpop or people shitting on each others lastfm's.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
youtube.com/watch?v=-7pMk4MiGj4
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
youtube.com/watch?v=qwMkC8WNX_4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rate Your Music, AllMusic, Wikipedia (yeah), Tiny Mix Tapes

youtube desu. Start with a song you like and find stuff through related videos.

albumoftheyear.org

"bandcamp + released + insert date"

And soundcloud and bandcamp, surprisingly though I seem to be the only one that finds interesting stuff browsing this board. You can also try the other music threads on other boards as well.

use dicogs to look at record labels of artists you like and what certain members of a band you like went on to do
rym is my main means of finding new stuff, i highly reccomend
soulseek is useful, not only for downloading music. you can look through a user's entire upload library.
also the spotify discover playlist hits the nail on the head sometimes as pleb as it sounds

All methods stated in these and the post referenced in

>best
Your local record store

>great
Wikipedia
Youtube
AllMusic
Bandcamp

>good
music-map.com
Soundcloud
Last.fm
albumoftheyear.org

>decent
Sup Forums
Sputnikmusic
Hype Machine

>all right
Google Play
Paste
Spin

>shit
Pitchfork
Tiny Mix Tapes
Consequence of Sound
Rolling Stone
Slant
NME
AV Club
Anthony Fantano
Scaruffi
Christgau
Spotify
Apple Music
Pandora

Shit, add RYM to >great

>best
>Your local record store
How do you figure? I think it's usually the worst although I still think it's good.

>I think it's usually the worst although I still think it's good

What did he mean by this?

I guess it depends on where you live. I live in a town with two record stores but they both have a lot of underground and local stuff. Our music scene is flourishing right now, though.

Just because something's the worst of a group doesn't mean it's not good or even excellent. I've definitely found lots of stuff at the record store I never in a million years would've picked up otherwise.

Austin and exclusively Waterloo Records although I think I'm gonna completely stop until next year. They didn't get the new of Montreal on Friday and I don't care if it's their fault or not.

1. cross record - wabi sabi
youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
2. carrie rodriguez - lola
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
3. shearwater - jet plane and oxbow
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
4. randy rogers - neon
youtube.com/watch?v=-7pMk4MiGj4
5. taylor and the wild now - tides
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
6. widower - unholy oath
youtube.com/watch?v=qwMkC8WNX_4

i dont have a rym account but rym is really useful for finding new music, especially the lists people make. youtube suggestions are also good

this is surprisingly accurate

Reminder there are always 5 times as many Western waifu spam threads as there are Korean ones.

This isn't that accurate t b h

which part

The text part of your post. Western waifu threads are common but inconsistent. Kpop threads have been going on nonstop for the past 4 years

They have one general, theres often 5 waifu threads just for Grimes alone

im new to rym
how do you find stuff with it

Lately have been going to scaruffi, basically looking at all the band's he talks about in his PDFs in the genres that I like. That or just clicking random related links in the pages of bands I like.

As much as I detest Grimes usually they stick to an easy to filter general. Every once in a while they break out but that's containable too.

On the bright side, they don't steal our gets

kpop is memes

I check out the artists Dj Akademiks and The Breakfast club talk about