mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

last thread
→ →

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/music/Duster/ images/077a7c7d33214dd9cd08c0423debeffc
tulsa.craigslist.org/msg/5718694821.html
youtube.com/watch?v=B-HTTb7A5j4
gretschguitars.com/products/guitars/streamliner-hollow-body/g2420-streamliner-hollow-body-with-chromatic-ii-tailpiece-broadtron-pickups-aged-brooklyn-burst/
guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Guitars/G2420-Streamliner-Single-Cutaway-Hollowbody.gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whoops my bad the thread linked isn't the last thread

How do I psych rock?

ditch the guitar and just use a keyboard with wacky effects

Anyone have any idea what gear they used to record this album?
I know it's a fender guitar I can't put my finger on which one and I'm also curious as to witch bass they used.

Sorry lads you've been had

why isn't the subject coming up in the search?

because he put it in the name field like a newfag

Are you fucking retarded? It's like that because we are trying to keep the shitters away from the general, people like you.

/gg/ is the only thread on mu i go to, so i have bookmarked. go back to Sup Forums

Just try to read a little more and look at the sticky, it's not hard.

no, i'll keep bookmarked and you can quit trying to troll people who only go to /gg/

OMG guys i FINALLY found /gg/ i mean since i'm lazy as fuck i don't want to bother looking and reading trough the catalog BUT NOW that it says /gg/ i feel like im in home
Post your Squiers to celebrate!!

you're right, i'm lazy as fuck. browsing /gg/ is a daily habit of mine, and i don't like searching the catalog manually several times a day

Hey guys i'm planning on buying a Epiphone Les Paul i'm going to rock like slash xD

been playing for a year. Green guitar is kit guitar.

Inb4 butthurt no fun allowed

Have you ever tried to swing that red pitchfork at someone before? Who makes it?

just bookmark Sup Forums.org/mu/gg

My roomate and have one bathroom in our apartment between our rooms and we often end up trying to use it at the same time, first come first serve. He came out in a crab stance one morning with pliers in either hand clacking them like a crab telling me to stay out of the bathroom.

I came back out in my own crab stance with pliers in hand and the red guitar in the other as my big claw It was a stalemate for a while but i got to pee first.

Moser Custom Shop makes them

i'm sure your parents are proud of you user

I have a decent job, don't live with them and make enough money to buy things I enjoy. They seem to be.

Gibson SG's, from their lastfm page
last.fm/music/Duster/ images/077a7c7d33214dd9cd08c0423debeffc

Both strung with 11s, hopefully getting a mastery bridge for the jm soon, the current one is cancerous.

link for kit looks cool might wanna build

there's a literal search bar, you only have to type "gg" and its usually the only one...

Neither of those look green to me

I hope you're a female

hey man i just got a 6 pack of coronas can i use your bottle opener guitar

Recently bought one of my dream basses. A guild starfire. I'm a happy boy. Sorry for the shit pic I couldn't be arsed taking a good one.

Hi guys.

I've been playing for about 2 months, I know how to swap between all the basic chords efficiently. G, C, D, A, E. Am, Dm, Amaj7, Dmaj7, Fmaj7. I know 4 or 5 four fingered chords that I don't know the names of, but I can't swap between them fast.

I've started to be able to play barre chords. My question is, any tips on how to learn how to wrap your mind around moving all of your fingers at once? The obvious answer is keep doing it over and over until it's muscle memory, which I will do.

Also, where do I proceed after this? I want to get this mastered, and then start learning music theory I guess? Scales? Any recommended literature?

tulsa.craigslist.org/msg/5718694821.html
Should I? My best amp at the moment is a Vox valvetronix 30 watt, not terrible, not good either

I am not

Its too big for beer, if you got some tuna or ravioli though i got you

this better be bait jesus christ

Yeah, I was thinking of getting an ac15 myself soon, can't go wrong. Don't know how much of a difference in price from new but I would take that in a heartbeat

>where do I proceed after this?
Picking.

My picking technique was absolute shit because I kept neglecting it for many a year.

Post your pedalboards big boys

do you have downs? he put the header in the name field instead of the title field to make that not work to "keep the shitters out"

How does Sup Forums feel about the necessity of effects on bass guitar? I personally see less and less of a point in them the more i use them, since in day to day life, i just run back to my clean tone anyways

Do I have to leave a tip for my guitar tech after I get my guitar setup? My brother said you are supposed to leave a 10-15% tip, and I noticed the tech kind of give me a dirty look when I just paid for my services with no additional tip.

The only effect I'll buy once I'll have a bass is a Darkglass B7K, but it's more a preamp than an effect.
I dont see the point in extensive pedalboards anyway, I'll probably never have more than 4 in a rig.

>green guitar
user you might be color blind

for scales i'm just doing the major, melodic minor, and harmonic minor in 5 positions each. & for arpeggios, i'm doing major, minor, dominant 7th, minor 7b5, and diminished 7th. am i missing anything important?

Any stylistic tips for playing a motown wedding gig? I'll be one of two guitarist and will be taking the lighter role.

Better learn some of phill's riffs on it.

are you a trap?

No, not even slightly.

/gg/, my guitar, a Tune-O-Matic SG, frets out the b- and high e-strings when i bend them up a full tone or more up around the 15th-19th fret.
Meaning the strings hit one of the higher frets and stop vibrating and producing the sound of the note played.
Is this something I can correct myself, or will raising the bridge up screw up the intonation?

I always play clean tone and sometime just a little overdrive from my sansamp bddi

The weirdest effect I might use is a q tron if I find one cheap

So just search the word 'guitar'? Or 'music theory' or something? Are you fucking retarded?

Your strings arent at the right height then. Im not 100% sure about how to set up tune-o's but im p sure you can adjust just those two strings' height on the saddle until you fix it for you.
Check out Dave's world of Fun stuff on youtube, his videos are really informative and fairly entertaining.

i thought you said just have "gg" bookmarked? i thought you said search "gg"? which is it?

Learn your modes.

Thanks user, much appreciated.

I didn't say that, I said "jesus christ this better be bait". When the fuck is it time for you to go back to middle school and the hell off my board

If like jazz then learning the altered scale and altered chords will help. The wholetone scale is a nice easy one to learn too.

oh, so you're one of the secret thred xD guys
i have no interest in jazz in particular i just want to be proficient overall. the modes look like a whole other dimension of work but i'll start on them when i feel like i have enough of a mastery of this stuff but it'll probably be like a year

Nope, just tired of Sup Forums being filled with newfaggots like you for the last 4 years. Only started playing guitar a couple months ago. I've been in this general twice

I had that bass, it was pretty comfy
>buying a Wayne Static signature

been here since my junior year of highschool, so a little over 6 years
>Only started playing guitar a couple months ago. I've been in this general twice
it shows

since my house doesn't have grounding, which fucks up my amps, i went out and brought home a Yamaha THR10. i'm running it on batteries, so no more ground failures and buzzing again. yaay.
the little lights are cozy as fuck.

by the way, does anyone know where i can find the PC drivers for the amp? they weren't included in the box.

"jazz" chords have much more application than just jazz. I think you should look into theory just a bit. It will help you understand where you want to go with your playing and im sure you will have a few "A ha!" moments while noodling.

Ok bud, call me when you've learned to use the catalog

Listen to the temptations and early Jackson 5 and pick up some styles from them

either you're just trolling or are a special kind of stupid. either way, enjoy your stay

Yeah I need to get better at it so I can just keep my eyes on the fret board. Also want to work at finger picking some time

right hand technique is super important. make sure you learn alternate picking. i see so many people only strumming down and it just sounds bad.

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Math rock

O I am laffin

Hey, you forgot my question about Motown guitar ;)

>>tube amps
lol your tone is probably shit
>>Pedals
oh yea I forgot, no creativity allowed
>>Gibson guitars
got me there
>>Fender guitars
>implying the Strat isn't perfect
>>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
yeah bass should just be as easy as possible. hurr durr
>>Erg's
see above
>>Stone and/or wood picks
????
>>Expensive cables
analog signal = cable quality matters
>>Jazz guitar
>pleb
>>Blues guitar
top kek, you probably think shredding is "hardcore"
>>Anything "handwired"
I can mod my own guitars because I'm not a fag
>>Math rock
>anything remotely challenging is bad

I just really want a duo sonic

youtube.com/watch?v=B-HTTb7A5j4

>lol your tone is probably shit
>oh yea I forgot, no creativity allowed
>got me there
>>implying the Strat isn't perfect
>yeah bass should just be as easy as possible. hurr durr
>see above
>????
>analog signal = cable quality matters
>>pleb
>top kek, you probably think shredding is "hardcore"
>I can mod my own guitars because I'm not a fag
>>anything remotely challenging is bad

I like the bass a lot.

Static-X was my favorite band from the time I was like 10 until about 15, which was a pretty big part of my life's development, I grabbed that signature shortly after he died because of that. I wanted one of his Epiphone Vs, but they were all destroyed or overpriced

this kills the dad

>squirting lighter fluid on a lit fire

lol that's Dean Ween's Youtube channel.

>he fell for the tube pedal meme

So is that thing just a head or does it have speakers? I've seen them around but never looked into them.

Here's your (You), Mr. Bluse L. Awyer.

Nice guitar faggot

Hey im thinking about getting this guitar. Is it a meme guitar? Or is it good?

gretschguitars.com/products/guitars/streamliner-hollow-body/g2420-streamliner-hollow-body-with-chromatic-ii-tailpiece-broadtron-pickups-aged-brooklyn-burst/

>Fell for the meme
Oh wait I didnt, it doesn't have a tube in it.

Find a shop that has one to try. Best option, I would never put that much down on a guitar without trying first.

oops, sorry I didn't see the price in the first link. I did try one at GC and it was great, but they are asking 449 plus tax

So is GC's asking price worth it?

guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Guitars/G2420-Streamliner-Single-Cutaway-Hollowbody.gc

Where did you get that rick copy from?

I would put it this way, if you play it everyday from the day you buy it, that would take around 470 days for the guitar to be worth 1 dollar a day, so if you are gonna see yourself play it for 470 days it's worth, if you are gonna play it for longer, it's a steal.

it has speakers. works just like a regular amp.
i'm pretty fond of it so far, though i've only had it for a day now.
it's a great bedroom amp.

Bump.

I need to knoe I'm picking up my tar tomorow

everyone knows you're supposed to tip your waiter/waitress, but that seems like a really niche area for it to be customary to tip in. i didn't assume most people get guitars set up on a regular enough basis for it to even be a thing. sounds like a problem with their business model, not you

Just bought a GT-100. Anybody else use one?

never used a multifx, tell us how it is

>no beginner info in OP for bass
help

Honestly I love it. I haven't even made any of my own patches yet, just fucking around with the presets. Pretty amazing for the price with what you can do, and it's built like a brick shithouse.

It's a Boss, it's a multifx, it's got COSM modeling, it's got direct USB audio/midi interface.

What else do you really need to know? Get to twiddling and recording with it.

Implying bass requires info

>he doesn't build his own custom set of guitar strings

wew

Metronome.

Learn to love it, masturbate in time with it.

The reason bass players are seen as cunts are because most are shit at keeping time.

What do you mean by this?

>lol bass is ez cuz theres bad bass ppl

How do you like it user? I just bought one used on eBay for $170. It's supposed to get here before the end of the week and I can't fucking wait. I've seen people here bash them, but otherwise I've only heard great things.