Why are millennials so uncreative?

what ruined our generation? internet? 9/11? the bad economy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=orhW9jNE_cg
youtube.com/watch?v=6bv4qS3eV3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anything worth saying has already been said

That's a great album though

>uncreative

will a good songwriter sometimes the lyrics are banal but this is bad example of being uncreative

not op but guided by voices already did that stuff in the mid 90s

the only CSH album comparable to GBV is TOD.

twin fantasy is completely different.

lol

>Hes never had a boyfriend while in the closet

This, Will has also stated somewhere that GBV was a big influence on him.

What am I if I was born in 1996? Milennial? Generation Z? Intermission?

>what ruined our generation? internet? 9/11? the bad economy?
No people like you ruined it. you just critic all day waiting for somebody to make a great album for you. Why don't you make something creative
o wait you can't.

There's so much of it because of the internet that it's hard to rise above everything else.

There used to be more barriers in the form of economic or educational limitations, along with fewer platforms for people to broadcast their content on. Now that so many people have access to youtube/soundcloud and smartphones with decent recording software, anyone and everyone can create content. This means the amount of mediocre material available for consumption is much greater than it used to be, giving the perception that there's less "original" or creatively remarkable content.

This is such a dumb thing to say. I mean, out of millennia of recorded history and eons of human history before that, it just happens that now is the time that everything worth saying has been said?

I think millennial

>hurr fucking millennials am I right

Shit meme

The wrong people getting the right press.

Furthermore this also negatively impacts people's perception of music as a whole and makes it harder for emerging artists to break out.

The internet. It's not that people are devoid of creation, it's that it's hard to be genuinely surprised with everything at your fingertips and the immense exposure you've already had. There are more musicians now than ever and plenty of them are creative... But it's hard for the medium to push forward without going into batshit crazy territory like "Free Jazz Electronica Zeuhl™" and still maintain a reasonably pleasing melody.

Millennial

Isn't this the idea behind MGS2?

youtube.com/watch?v=orhW9jNE_cg

youtube.com/watch?v=6bv4qS3eV3o

fluoride in our waters

thanks obama vote trump

Internet, too much freedom and the 1st amendment

Pretty much dude

this

installing a Fascist regime will get the creative juices flowing

TOTALLY THIS
TOTALLY THIS

Worst post of the year, by far. And that's including all the 21P and Aldean shitposts. Congrats OP, you didn't even try.

>what ruined our generation?
too much distractions

Artists like to listen to tons of music because of the Internet without ever understanding or fully appreciating it
Before the Internet, a kid may grow up with only 20 or 30 records but will know every one of them inside and out and thus have their own taste
With the availability of music artists just start gluing superficial elements of music that they like without ever figuring out what makes it special.
They get swept up in the indie hype of "noise" and "drone" and "vaporwave" and are too busy listening to music to actually think about it deeply

what a qt

damn