Who would win in a fight

who would win in a fight

r plus seven my guy
no contest

Between that rectangly thing and the very sharp lines, i give the edge to Garden of Delete

R Plus 7 is the better album, but in terms of physicality Garden of Delete would kick its ass.

you think so? it's hard for me to decide which i like better. GoD is really good too. I hated it at first but it's really grown on me. Mutant Standard, Animals, Child of Rage, Ezra, Freaky Eyes, Sticky Drama are all phenomenal songs.

Then again R+7 has Americans, Chrome Country, Along, Indisde World, Zebra, Problem Areas and Still Life. AGH SO HARD TO CHOOSE. Both albums are really good in my opinion. I may have to go with GoD though. R+7 was my favorite for a long time.

How about out of these 2?

What album would be the strongest if it was a person?

GoD sucked ass
Philip glass inspired r+7 is one of the best albums of this decade

GoD sucked ass? Care to elaborate?

Whole album fails to ever take off or feel complete. it seems like the sounds itself were having an identity crisis.
its too close to edm that it made me wanna actually listen to edm to atleast get dopamine fixes from it

this just left me pissed off and annoyed./ especially I bite through it which again Never leads to anything just ends.

Replica

GoD was very strong aesthetically, it accomplished a lot of what r+7 did in terms of creating a hostile feeling of just barely organic machinery, like if a computer's sensibilities were synthesized into musical composition with a touch of soul

T. P4k

...Did we listen to the same album?

>Mage vs. Rogue

definitely R + 7
Returnal

yes I've listen too it over and over. its not good IMO
The end results were an unenjoyable music experience
If i wanted too torture myself I'd just listen to luc ferrari

>Whole album fails to ever take off or feel complete. it seems like the sounds itself were having an identity crisis.
That's the point nigger

>I don't like challenging or unconventional forms of music
>I'm gonna listen to a challenging or unconventional form of music with the expectations of it being unchallenging and conventional

Do you see where you went wrong there?

I love the juxtaposition of unconventional instrumentation with unusual "EDM" inspired structures. OPN was talking about Sticky Drama and how the bass he used was more of a Hardstyle bass, but he wanted to use it in a way opposite of how hardstyle bass lines are written. He also talked about how he wanted the second half of the song to be an adversary to the first half, one voice representing an Angel of sorts while the second represented a Devil.

I just feel like this theme goes throughout the album, and I don't feel it sits in one place the entire time, it definitely goes somewhere. And it's a masterpiece in regards to texture and ambience in my opinion. Mutant Standard does some pretty wild stuff with sound space through manipulating the recording he placed in of a conversation in the room or something. The way that whole song morphs and transitions into Child of Rage is awesome. I feel it's a very nuanced album with a lot of stuff going on, and not just for the sake of being "busy" because it never really sounds busy. The rhythmic arrangements on here are intense. I can respect that you're not a fan of it though, not everyone can relate to or enjoy GoD. I certainly wasn't a fan of it at first.

I don't have stockholm syndrome bb

good points maybe in a year My ears will take a liking too it.

>Luc Ferrari
Bruh ferrari is dope as hell

I'm not really a huge fan of OPN outside of GoD so I guess I'll have to go with GoD. Although Americans is fantastic.

OPN is supposed to be appeciated as conceptual art or something
Not enjoyed as music

OPN is probably the most pretentious fucker getting critical attention now. His music and concepts are composed of really boring, predictable postmodern cliches and he likes to pretend like he's some kind of genius for making this shit
Anybody who knows anything about art knows that OPN is a hack

Americans is hands down my favorite OPN song. This is probably crineworthy but the last part of it totally reminds me of like Three Ninjas or some other kids movie from the 90s.

this

Replica no question.

>Stop liking things

true

The only pretentious one here is you. I'm pretty sure you project this idea that he thinks he's a genius onto him because he literally has never said that nor does he act that way. He only ever talks about his concepts in interviews, and when he does, it's very matter of factly. He doesn't demean anyone, or any part of culture. He simply says what was on his mind when creating the music.

And he can totally be appreciated as a musician. A lot of his musical compositions are fairly complex and intriguing.

Lopatin has done everything from soundtracks to literal pop music with Channel Pressure even accidentally start vaporwave with eccojams. Thats far from tired and cliche. Dude is one of the few that are still making out there electronic music that isnt for plebs

>a conceptual art or something
Damn...… a something

I can't take anyone who uses the word pleb serious.thats how I know you don't know shit about Art

The answer is Garden of Delete, both in terms of quality and whether the content would beat up the other album's content

GoD
Replica
if you're talking in physicality though, it'd be GoD and Returnal because of Nil Admirari
he's literally the most musical of the "Weird Frontier 4" other than some of Blunt's work
not only that, but he's said before that he makes the music largely separate of the greater concepts he attaches to it
you literally couldn't be more incorrect

>Ignoring actual facts about topic brought up & turns defensive
>gets bothered when somewhone uses 4chin term on 4chin
Stay pleb bud

Guys has there always been a hallway in the door in r plus 7? Never noticed it before

you completely misinterpreted his work. how much do you even know about art?
and you're just looking to ruse

God had more ideas but r plus seven seemed more developed even if it was mostly just repitition. Replica and returnal are superior to both