/daily/ - RIP Revisited edition

Today is national rum day.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new meme music, honor the memory of /daily/ over it's dead body, be at peace with /rym/, and just let the good memes flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters btfo

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>get in here for fucks sake

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug but snug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>Geopolitical discussions, gender politics, dick rating

Don't ask about our Skype Group.

Most importantly, eat grapes.

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/merzbow-_-sun-ra/strange-city/
coldspring.co.uk/discography/csr228cd/
ericstratos.bandcamp.com/album/jewel-of-hydropolis
youtube.com/watch?v=6E3znZoFnN8
youtube.com/watch?v=h7wWinwIKnI
youtube.com/watch?v=YUrkkSWOezI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for the boys

this is almost perfect

What's the point
We are dead

It is. We should try to Carseat Headrest them into the public eye. I mean, The Beams are as good as The Unicorns, and they're popular.

Hi everybody
I did a thing and I hope you like it
reptilex2.bandcamp.com

Is there any legitimate way to find musical e-collaborators?
Also, hello

RIP daily

What are you listening to right now? I'm listening to Joe McPhee - Nation Time atm, nice and funky.

Dammit I accidentally combined two posts into one

Listening to Blank Banshee's first s/t. Sounds like discount FlyLo, not really sure why it's considered vaporwave. It's really just trappy chillwave with some sporadic pitched down vocal samples.

holy shit im boutta nut

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/merzbow-_-sun-ra/strange-city/

will this be the next snuff jazz???

nation time is lit
right now listening to an excerpt from the merzra album, it's ummmm... interesting.

coldspring.co.uk/discography/csr228cd/
have a listen

p l u p

somewhere out in saturn sun ra is looking down at us in sadness because of how we let his work be treated

Is vaporwave worth getting into, it's passed me by, only heard a couple of tracks.

I almost like this, well the first clip anyway

(yes)

the cult - rain
after listening to NIN - Closer
lots of microphone licking

>Is vaporwave worth getting into, it's passed me by, only heard a couple of tracks.
Dunno, I haven't really explored much vaporwave. I kind of dismissed it as a meme, but I think I'm going to look into it a little more and see what's around. I'd definitely recommend checking out OPN and James Ferraro's stuff if you haven't.

Just imagine
The memes
The meme sounds

i heard the two 5 minute excerpts and they were okay, it's not what i want out of a merzra collab (i.e. some archived recording of them playing together live, getting to see them complement each others sound a la boris with merzbow style) but it just sounds like mediocre noise with some doots thrown in once in a while

(here's some low key good vaporwave btw)
GAMESHARK™ - SHARK フローティン グふわっと
Channel 505 - 5日の展望
Euglossine - Complex Playground
Infinite Dreams Network™ - Signal Upgrade
LifeMod - C
Sheriff Mario RPG - Mario Death March Army
sky空 - final day 千秋楽

all of these look made up

nah they're all real. i've dug way deeper than i should have desu.

i'm sorry :0

i 4give u.
i'm glad i've found my niche in daily, weird post internet shit and ambient wankery.
and jim jam of course.

Cool, I'll listen to these sometime then. I agree with though, I'm pretty convinced at least one of these is made up

u can look it up if you want. if any of them are dead, i'll give you links.
and yeah i give huge recs to any works by Ferraro and especially OPN that fit as vaporwave.

Hello, I'm Jangle, and I'm a pigaholic.
It has been 2 weeks since my last pigpost.

HERE COME DAT PIG
O SHIT WHADDUP!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!!!!!! Tell me what good jazz you've heard in those two weeks and I'll listen to something tonight :)

Evidently not dead enough.

Plup yourself.

Гpaждaнcкaя oбopoнa - Pyccкoe пoлe экcпepимeнтoв (1989)
>post-punk, noise rock

I wasn't /that/ impressed with the first 9 tracks here, honestly. They're good, there's no doubt about that, but they try a lot of styles and a few of them don't work out that well. The scuzzy noise rock sound is awesome, as is the delicate folk sound (very different, I know), but the more straight up hardcore songs are just silly, they sound very juvenile and undercooked and not even in a very endearing way. Luckily, every single track here is anchored by the vocals of Letov, screaming and yelling his way through every single one of these songs, and he kicks ass. Despite my light indifference towards the first 9 tracks (besides the vocals), the last track is a 14-minute epic of nearly every single style touched upon on this album, and it's incredible. The straight up hardcore segments of the song still aren't the greatest, but the vast majority is very scuzzy noise rock, which I already have a predisposition to, and they're doing it incredibly well with a great vocalist. I'd definitely like to get further into these guys.

3.0-

(1/2)

Algebra Suicide - The Secret Like Crazy (1987)
>minimal wave

Minimal wave poetry, basically. The band lays down some YMG-esque minimal grooves while Tomkiw recites some poetry. The idea of this is awesome, but the execution is pretty poor. A lot of the instrumentation sounds a lot like a Casio preset, just kinda cheap and flimsy. When guitars and delay/echo is brought in, the quality goes up tenfold ("In Bed With Boys" and "Sinister" are /great/ songs), but these moments are few and far between. Still, the instrumentation never goes below servicable. The vocals, on the other hand, range from decent to unlistenably terrible. The poetry itself is okay, sometimes it seems a bit too far up its own ass but a lot of the times it's enjoyable and pretty comedic, sometimes insightful. But the delivery, my god the delivery. She sounds like a bored character from Fargo, not only is the voice irritating but there's no conviction in the delivery or performance, it brings down the songs and poetry a lot.

2.0+

(2/2)

THE ABSOLUTE PIGMAN HAS RETURNED

what've you been listening to?
how is the corn business?
have you bought a pig and if so why have you not snapped it?

i just did ;{}

You absolute madman!

Eric Stratos - PC McStratos (2016)
>electronic, experimental

At times, Stratos has some really great ideas and picks up on some incredible sounds, mainly when he mixes the vaporwave-esque soundscaping with trance/techno similar to Ferraro's Live at Primavera Sound (mainly with the use of nature recordings), but for as much near-brilliance this album does have, there's an equal amount of very unfocused, nearly unfinished work. When Stratos attempts to somewhat streamline his sound and go in a more pop direction, mainly in massively simplifying the percussion, the DIY-ness of this shows, and not in a good way. It's seemingly unfinished, there's still some decent ideas in the backbone of these tracks but they're so barebones and incomplete they're hard to listen to. Luckily, there's a neat little divide between what I like here and what I don't like. The first 2 or so tracks are great ambient trance tracks that remind me a lot of Live at Primavera Sound 2012, which I love, but the rest of the album is just plain ol' bad. Rod, I'm checking out * next.

2.5-

actually if you dug the more ambient bits, go for this next
ericstratos.bandcamp.com/album/jewel-of-hydropolis
*'s kind of the halfway point between his ambient lo-fi stuff and his rave oriented poppy hi fi stuff. The Jewel of Hydropolis goes a lot more for the magical lo-fi oceanic thing.

i'll check it out, that cover's great as well.

wew I hate when my capcha doesn't load
and I'm getting a fucking connection error WHY ಠ(oo)ಠ

Sup!! I haven't really been listening to much; I'm reading at the corn stand instead of music because my radio is gone, and my headphones needed re-soldering which I just finished a few days ago.
I did this stuffs (pic related), and a few from my jazz and backlog charts but I forget which because it's been a while.
The corn business is fucking awful because it's been pouring rain the last few days.
No pig yet :8(

>it's been pouring rain the last few days
oh yeah same here
at least it's not a semi-drought anymore

holy FUCK it finally posted

Thanks for waiting for me to get unbanned before rating Dialoghi Del Presente so I can rip into you when you give it a 3.0
Listen to the extended version, Dell'Universo Assente, if you have the time, definitely worth it.

>tfw it's currently hotter in Jersey than it is in Arizona
call for help

Yay so glad you liked Sun Ship! Probably my fav jazz album

i won't disappoint!
and yeah, if i dig it i'll check that out.

in central NY it's gotten to the point where i step outside and i'm drenched in sweat within about 5 minutes, the air's like a fucking oven

why can't it just be fall already goddamnit?
is there any reasonable way to live in a place where it was fall/winter all year?

spring/fall are objectively the best where i live

summers are just disgustingly humid and winters are fucking brutal with snowfall

and fall is the prettiest season anyway

and halloween!

It is excellent, I should really listen to the whole Coltrane discography soon.
My record store had an original Black Pearls press for a retarded price, but I'm curious enough to give it a listen now as I didn't even know it existed.

i like the snow and being cold in general, and winter has all the best holidays (outside of halloween that's p god tier as well).
spring is great, but i feel like proper spring has only lasted 2 weeks the last couple years. most of the time, spring's felt like hot winter, followed by 2 weeks of top tier weather, followed by cold summer.
it goes Fall >>> Winter > Spring >>>>>>>>>>>> Summer for me.
fuck summer though.

accurate ranking

still being a tiny embryo in high school has made me love summer due to the time off, but with jobs and stuff i've started liking it less and less. the weather just makes it 10x worse.

I have never agreed with someone so much on the weather. I don't even get how summer people exist. I went to the beach recently and even though I put on sunscreen and was only there for like, an two hours, I got burned. I've spent maybe a total of 20 minutes outside in the last three days because of this god damned heat wave. Fuck summer, Fallbois for life.

i'm with you, but i also fucking hate children, plus summer work is generally horrifying. it kind of balances it out.
FALLBOIS
A
L
L
B
O
I
S

AFTER TAKING, TAKE UP A GIVING
SOMETHING BIG IS WHAT I'M LIVING FOOOOOOR

why is this album so good?

Because it manages to flawlessly use pop as a method to convey dozens of different styles and emotions, all while remaining humble and introspective.

tfw grain of sand
tfw want to be the man i'm not
tfw want to have the things i really haven't got

in between all the useless moaning sounds, unnecessary voice samples, and quirky sound effects lies a good album

yeah it was innovative and there are some great moments where it works but boy does it not work at all sometimes

what album are u talking about

:v
thought it was a bit obvious with 'moaning sounds' and 'innovative' but its White Noise - Electric Storm

>4+ for White Noise
garbage taste

ooooh
yeah that album is p mediocre

can you at least agree that the moaning sounds serve no purpose at all

no, I think they're neat and the way they're arranged in the song works pretty well imo

Just because your mom walked in while it was playing and gave you a dirty look doesn't mean moaning is inherently devoid of artistic expression.

depends on what kind of "dirty look" she gave amirite? ;^)

Isn't that the point of Vaporwave?

ok i been gone a minute but im back
noise rock tourney filled
bach tourney has 3 more spots, come rec somm

im going to be busy as fuck for a while (as in weeks/months) so tourney progress will be slow

also im bout to nut

Shit these threads really are dead now. How you lads doin?

that was with the ark work not this

unless youre just talking in general about moms walking in on moaning sounds in music and not my unfortunate event a few weeks back. yes i do believe it has artistic expression and it can work well, but in this occasion i wasnt really feeling it.

>That Feedbacker score
Suicide yourself

Yes okay but did I win your tourney yet

Seems to be mostly because of summer holidays, we'll fill up again in September.

hey shame, you heard this? thought you might like it

youtube.com/watch?v=6E3znZoFnN8

oops, well, pic related anyway

hey this is preeeeeetty great so far, Hasaan's playing is amazingly expressive and percussive.

I've been meaning to listen to Penguin Cafe Orchestra for a long time, and wow they are good!

Does anyone else find themselves unable to concentrate while listening to music? Most of the time I get fidgety and end up browsing Sup Forums while I'm listening to an album, and then I miss what's going on and don't enjoy it as much.

I was just memeing, with semi-accurate results it seems. :8)

It's shit lad, what can I say.

Dope, gonna review/score?

Consider writing reviews, even if you just keep them for yourself and don't post them. It helps you pick out elements you do/don't like and puts your concentration more on the music.

I may actually try my hand at a review, but will have to listen to it more times. Score is a 3/4 for now

The Newfound Interest in Connecticut - Tell Me About the Long Dark Path Home (2005)
>midwest emo

The most seamless blend of post-rock and emo I've ever heard in my entire life, this is what bands like TWIABP and Foxing wish they could do. Slightly /too/ ambitious though, a lot of songs are overlong and a lot of the vocal samples detract from the songs, rather than add to them. The vocals are a bit hit and miss as well, sometimes they're incredibly passionate and other times they're just whiny and irritating. None of these complaints can take away from how fucking good most of the instrumentals are, they're passionate, noisy, nicely melodic, and they build up wonderfully. If you like emo, you have to listen to this.

3.0+

Mizutani / Les Rallizes Dénudés

This album begins soft, subtle and dark. Floaty, enchanting guitar work, harrowing vocals and beautiful percussive accompaniment (xylophone?) fill the first five tracks. Very reminiscent of VU’s self titled album, following the departure of John Cale.
The last two tracks change course, with distorted guitar layers and cymbal-less drums driving a high energy jam session a la Sister Ray. The distortion style, especially on the vocals, feels a little detractory at times and feels a tad too polished. It’s as though the raw feeling was manufactured post-recording rather than fully imagined in the studio; perhaps they’re still experimenting to find their sound.
The Velvet Underground resemblances are painfully obvious and pigeonhole their sound a touch, but original ideas still frequently boil to the surface.
Quite enjoyable and certainly worthy of your time.

7.5 /10

That Eastman rating almost saves your ass from shit taste domnium

wow, baby's grown a couple teeth ;)

>Today is national rum day.
youtube.com/watch?v=h7wWinwIKnI

Depression Cherry
Pleb roommate and I are waiting for a movie to download
What's all the plebs out there doing/did today?

handing out pans like nuttin'

I'm waiting for the pan
Yes

Man I'm addicted to Ferraro. I wonder when this will end.

Why don't you listen to albums you think you'll like, then?

Lahey looks kind of like Hunter Thompson.

This is not an aesthetically pleasing chart system.

never

>Lahey looks kind of like Hunter Thompson.
thats who I assumed it was. Seems to behave like him too.

rum + diet cherry 7up here. I like it fine with Evian too though if I run out of soda.

youtube.com/watch?v=YUrkkSWOezI

Btw I need to drone you at some point.

r-really?

how am i supposed to know whether i would :0

This is not an aesthetically pleasing picture of your mom

Yeah I feel like we have similar tastes. Also you seem to be the one of the only daily people that listens to a lot of modern electronic stuff.

>how am i supposed to know whether i would :0
Listen to a little bit of it before you decide to put it on your chart? Idk, but listening to an album you hate or dislike is definitely a waste of time unless you think it has potential to grow on you.

yeah i'm pretty hip and on the cutting edge ifyouknowwhatimsayin
hope you like whatever you find!

Where is my chart. I'm worried

1) it's not, not anymore than listening to an album you like is
2) i have time to waste

>1) it's not, not anymore than listening to an album you like is
... What? Doesn't listening to an album you like make you feel good? And doesn't listening to an album you don't make you feel shittier / annoyed / bored? Isn't making yourself feel good a better use of your time than making yourself feel shitty? I'm having trouble understanding how a person can even believe what you just said.

>Isn't making yourself feel good a better use of your time than making yourself feel shitty?
hmm nah

nice troll

the true enlightened patrician abides

>Listen to a little bit of it before you decide to put it on your chart?
You do this? That seems reaaaaaaaally weird to me. I just go to genres I like, but that isn't foolproof and sometimes you try new things. All sorts of reasons you could dislike the majority of your chart.