Has there ever been/Will there ever be a more funkier album then this?

Has there ever been/Will there ever be a more funkier album then this?

I can think of 20 from last year alone.

Prove it.

Tell us what they are

lolno

Vulfpeck highly underrated. Groovy as fuck.

lol you don't know any from the last year lone

They're fucking white.

They should be called PBRFunk.

you are literally retarded

You won't get me to spoonfeed you, believe what you like.

lok ok

>

OK then, to keep in theme with the board, please discuss with us what other albums may be funkier than the one OP posted.

Confirmed for not knowing anything.

YOUR FUCKING A WHITE MALE

why is this album still being viralled
isn't the lack of attention enough to dissuade you op? vulfpeck just aren't interesting enough at the moment

yea man great album. But I think some of the track/parts just sound gay as hell.

sorry for bringing race into this but they're just white funk

I love vulfpeck, but this is far from the funkiest album ever. Theyre nerdy white dudes from MIT (iirc) that started as a rhythm section for some dudes school project. Definitely not authentic funk imo.

What's your point? I the music is solid. Are you trying to suggest that because they aren't popular they aren't good? WTF?

i'm suggesting that the amount of times I've seen this album on Sup Forums is largely due to viralling by the band or marketers more than it is the quality of the album.
popularity has nothing to do with it, they're a very average funk group.

sounds like i've struck a nerve

wouldn't call them average. they have a very unique sound that you can't deny also they lack horns and just in general the depth that that funk has with more instruments/vocals.

they're much more minimalistic than normal funk and also has a modern sound.

minimalism isn't always better, especially when it wraps around average song writing.
they had a very modern sound 3 years ago.
they're not pushing funk anywhere, nor are they generally creating well rounded well written songs, so to me they're average

Don't mind us just saving funk/RnB one song at a time

I kind of agree that their songwriting is average (though the lyrics can give you a laugh). A lot of cliches in their composition but I think they compensate with originality and great musicianship. They're very natural and raw.

Also I didn't mean minimalitic in the sense that it makes them better, it's just an aspect that makes them different from other funk bands.

>A lot of cliches
>originality

what

Macross 82-99 - A Million Miles Away

cliches in composition, originality in sound and funk approach

I mean you can't really make funk unique compostionally with 4 instruments, maybe even at all. So many james brown songs has two chords in them. Funk is not about composition anyway Unless you're sly of course. Funk is more about energy, approach and of course groove and I think vulfpeck is doing a good job with all of those.

so are lots of other current funk bands, so why the viralling on this specific album besides making it a meme

>so are lots of other current funk bands
such as?

Maybe I just didn't hear them yet

The federation of the disco pimp - Inamorata
Dogg master - Peace & phunk
Calibro 35 - S.P.A.C.E.
Redtenbacher's funkestra - Dr Hypenstein
Coop Deville - Bat funk crazy... in 3D !!!
Lettuce - Crush
George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic - Live at the Metropolis
Yo mama's big fat booty band - Funk life
Seven eleven - Back to the source
OctavePussY - Assfunk
XL Middleton - Tap water
Lord funk - Global warming
First touch - Knockout
Magic source - Earthrising
Soul papaz - Boobzilla
Sasac - Future disc
Marvellous - What to believe
Diamond Ortiz - Special request
The funk touch - Play funk
The motet - Totem

all from 2015/16

ahh obviously i'm not going to listen to all of those just give me your favorite and i'll check it out

all bad

if you like Thrill of the arts, you will probably like Dr Hypenstein or Funk life

thanks Pete