Turntable Thread?

Turntable Thread?
Post yours.

Mine's a piece of fucking garbage.

are usb turntables really that bad? i wanted to get one but i keep hearing they're crap. what are your complaints?

Step your game up nigga

step ya game up nigga

That dust...

fancy

it's hardened dust

The audio technica lp120 usb one is said to be good for beginners (not the one op posted, his is lp60 i think)

some of you dudes need to buy a shelf

Oh, that's ok. It's so fucking dirty that it's hardened, I shouldn't worry about it

that model looks damn near identical to a technics 1200. what makes it a beginner's turntable?

so you sit on the floor in a corner and listen to music with your headphones?

not sure myself, many articles and audiophile videos just claim that it's a decent record player to start with

it may look like one, but doesnt have the quality build. further, it has a built in preamp which is shitty

Mr Clinton get outta here ya rascal!

I got an Audio Technica LP-60 but i would love to have an Audio Technica LP-120

it's almost a carbon copy of the technics 1200.
i have the LP120 and it's bretty gud (pic related)

umm yeah. what would you like me to do

no audio quality issues?

nope, the stock cartridge is actually kind of decent. then got a shure m97xe, which i never really enjoyed. now equipped with an ortofon 2m blue and am very satisfied.

It's a Pro-ject Debut Carbon and I love it

My first set-up

>tfw the record player my beloved mother bought for me as a gift is a merciless vinyl destructor machine
What do I do ;_;

Your mother, dear sir, is a pleb

my sister got an lp60 when she found out I was getting an lp120 and I don't think I've ever actually heard her use it. All she has is The 1975's two albums, the most recent Catfish and the Bottlemen and I think the most recent lAst Shadow Puppets.

Not all of them, the one OP got was just trash.

I feel you, my dad got me pic related. I never use it anyways, it's more of decoration for my room at this point.

Keep it

I think I'll basically be using it the same way. It really damaged one of my records after only about 10 plays

>my sister got an lp60 when she found out I was getting an lp120
did she find out mummy and daddy was buying you a TT and demand one too?

I only have a bunch of old dad rock and country for vinyl because I got it from some guys barn. They're in pretty bad condition for the most part. That's about half of the vinyl. I want to sell them to buy my own.

kill you're motehr

is the record player lastfm scrobbler not working for anyone else?

Essentially, yeah

My family recently got me one of those Crossley suitcase turntables for my birthday. Thank god I actually learned what those things did before I played anything on it.

Any recomendations for a smaller-sized turntable? Presumably one that doesn't destroy records?

>having your turntable on the floor

Perfect; get a technics

I have the same one.

Quick, while you fuckers are here (pls help the turntable plebeian)
Will an audio technica AT3482P cartridge be compatible with a Technics SL-QD33 turntable? The product description for the cartridge stresses that it only fits 0.7mm, but I can't find anything about that shit.

best phono cartridge for an atlp 120, $100.00 or less? i was thinking the shure m97xe but after reading this i'm not so sure

Helped my best friend's Dad move out, he gave me his mid-'50s vinyl "console" as payment

Did I do good?

yea.

sample them and make beats

"no"

Do these fuck up records? I live in a shithole and I can't get anything decent.

(Not OP) the only problem I have with my LP60 is that sometimes it plays slightly fast. However, this may be due to my neglect when I first owned a turntable and didn't treat it as well as I should've.

I have a serious question.

Which piece of my setup should I upgrade first?
I have had this setup for a few years now and I feel like it is time to make some upgrades.

Turntable - Kenwood KD42RB (~$50)
Phono Preamp - BBE FJB-200x (~$40)
Amp - Panasonic SA-AK20 (~$15)

I have a few hundred dollars sitting around that I would be willing to spend on equipment.

Put your records in Mylar sleeves kid, you're fucking up the spines.

I've got a Sony PS-LX250H and honestly, I can't really see myself replacing it any time soon

screwed if the cartridge fucks up but nice for now

I went crazy and threw my 1200's into the trash

All of those records in that picture, except for the Beach House and Radiohead, are mostly just dumb shit I picked up to put into Ableton and fuck around with.

meant to tag you in this This is what I consider to be my actual record collection, and I have sleeves on most of them.

I have a 1982 Technics

bump

I have a SL-QD20. I just used an AT-95E t4 cart

You guys are the only decent set ups here

Technics Sl-Q2

Very simple but gets the job done

buy speakers so you can hear the music

thanks m8, its gone through many revisions and apartment moves. The stand I have for it was bought in the late 80s and has been reassembled over 10 times

Up your turntable.

Do you really think that I don't have speakers???

I have some good kenwoods from the 1980s.
I am content with my speakers, mainly because I just use my headphones instead.

Any other suggestions about which piece of gear I should upgrade?

The plural of vinyl is... vinyl.

just fuck my shit up

I'm a bit of a poorfag but it works

protip next time youre at goodwill/thift: any speaker no matter how nice it looks, if the front grill DOES NOT come off, its instant trash

Here's the setup

>I live in a shithole and I can't get anything decent.
then vinyl is not the hobby for you, poorfag, get your priorities straight.

Jesus Christ, that tonearm is thin

>protip
WOAHAh, thanks for the tip my man, you must be a speaker professor or something!

My Kenwoods didn't come from a second hand store, they are my roommates dads and are in near fucking mint condition with 0% speaker rot; the guy is a millionaire antique collector neat-freak. They sound amazing, but again, I usually use my headphones.

Any other suggestions about which piece of gear I should upgrade?

That's exactly why I'm not dropping $500 on a turntable. Atlp60s are cheap and records are tax free.

not directed towards you specifically m8, just a general tip for anyone in the thread

get your life sorted out first before you get into a money wasting hobby like record collecting

This is mine. The receiver is giving me issues bc sometimes the speakers go out, and it's definitely a problem with the receiver, not the speaker. The TT is the LP120 with the AT95e. I might get a nicer cartridge soon though. As for the speakers, all I know they are advents from the mid seventies.

>Mine's a piece of fucking garbage.
I have the same one and I use it to rip my mom's old vinyls into FLAC. Why is audio-technica shat upon so much?

It's all been moved but

Pioneer pl518
Shure m87xe

Need to upgrade speakers before anything else

Technics 1200 with a basic Onkyo receiver and BOSE 301 speakers.

I inherited one of these bad boys (Technics SL-L3) from my grandparents. It took a lot of service to get it working again, but it's pretty cool now. You can skip tracks and stuff with it, it has a sensor that reads the grooves.

nice rick, dick
or cunt
im just jealous

Bought it a few weeks ago

Ayy, I've got the same one just with different speakers

Nice starterkit, try upgrading to an LP-120.

Sexy turntable desu

it needs a lot of work and I dont have the dosh to get it done

I'll have to get it in for a complete refinish

Show your setup Montie

If you get your speakers off of the floor they will sound alot better, put them on something to raise them off the ground.

Found this in my basement made a separate but what is this should I just throw it away

>I have one of those
What does it do? Now I'm scared

It's not as nice to your records as more modern style turntables are. They use technology from the 60's that wears them down quicker.

Listen... A couple spins isn't gonna hurt anything. Look at a better turntable, but it's really fine as long as you don't overdo it.

I don't plan on using it I was just curios as to what it was thanks user

Fuck I thought yoU where replying to ignore this post

>stacking vinyl

stop

is the lp60 that bad? I was gonna get it but people recommend the lp120 9/10 times.

my trustworthy Technics. My dad gave it to me, I think he found during one of those recycling events, but whatever, it works.

>I'm about to spin RATM
>inb4 le 14 yr old edge lord

My nigga, same receiver