What are they going to do next?

break up finally

they've played new material live, so probably another LP of that with drone filler.

the new live material's been pretty good, seeing them in london the day after tomorrow so hopefully it's been refined in the last year & that'll be an LP for next year

seeing them at arctangent festival on friday so if i can i'll ask them and let you know boi

efrim doesn't mind people shouting at him from the crowd right?

Honestly, I just want them to release another mindblowing record, then they can quit if they like.

They were great this evening

What does it sound like?

but they did that just last year

though i do agree

Very true. Some user told me yesterdau to try to spot him based on the fact that he browses Sup Forums, but I spotted nothing but potential Sup Forumstants.

Asunder was incredible, but I want them to release something along the lines of Lift Your Skinny Fists or Yanqui U.X.O

No love for Infinity?

yeah man that would be the best way to end it, something really long and sprawling, never found anything else that evokes as much emotion as LYSF

i imagine they're all very different people from how they were back in 2000, but maybe they've still got it in them to do something like that again, i hope so anyway

No I love F#A#∞, but I think they have moved past that minimal sounds. I think that record was supposed to represent their lives, or the state of where they were living. Which, I think they have moved past.

Fair enough, I actually just listened to their latest album today for the first time. Very different, but not necessarily bad, underwhelming considering their previous efforts in my opinion though.

All of my prejudices have been confirmed about Sup Forums people

it wasn't intended to be like the other albums though, i think it was just an official studio release for the first and last songs that they'd been performing live for a while, the two ambient tracks inbetween just make them work properly together. without them it would be a terribly dull album and more like an EP.

Piss Crowns is easily one of the best tracks they've ever put out though

That's not even it. The entire thing is one fourty minute song they've been performing live for a long time now.
It's really not four songs, but one long song broken up into four sections.

saw them last year so don't remember all that well, i can definitely say that it was very good though, more ambient than droney, maybe a bit more of a julianna barwick vibe than any of their other stuff. if 2011-now has been more bleak stuff from them, i'm expecting a pleasant, warm effort for the next LP

This user is right.

A good mix of depressing and uplifting would be perfect

ah my bad, didn't realise that. it's still cool that they released it though, i think it's quite nice to have that length of an album from them, as sometimes i'll want to listen to them, but would want to listen to something longer than Slow Riot, but not as long as one of their other albums. that and it's straight to the point on the opening track