What music scene would have been coolest to have been a part of?

What music scene would have been coolest to have been a part of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHES9YAGGkU
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New Wave/Power pop scene of the late 70s.

norwegian black metal would have been cool.
don't really like the music, but varg is probably an interesting guy

Pete was the best. I miss that son of a bitch.

50s bebop scene
70s NY punk/no wave scene
80s American underground scene

moving to Boston on Saturday to start grad school at BU, and I'm not sure if I'm the right age or too old to get involved with the pizzacore scene (just turned 27)

I was in a band that was part of the metal/goth/bdsm scene for a few years. It was really fun for the first year, then you realize everyone has severe mental/personality issues. It sucked hard after that.

I grew up with edgy/alternative high school friends. I just met up with them for the first time in years. It was depressing as hell because while two of them have gone on to do interesting things, the rest of them are stuck in my hometown, still repeating the same dramatic bullshit as when we were kids, and essentially doing nothing with their lives. And yeah, there are now a surprising number of mental and personality disorders.

what the fuck is pizzacore

it's basically pop punk with strong midwest emo and hardcore influences. It's big in Boston and Philadelphia.

Fact: the edgy kids in high school are usually the ones who are fucked up later on in life

The grunge scene looked fun as fuck.

My problem with both the grunge and NY punk scenes: they're really cool and seem super enjoyable when they started and nobody thought they'd ever succeed (84-89 for grunge; 74-76 for NY punk), and then as soon as those bands started finding success the scenes became extremely lame and saturated with lame copycats

80s New York no-wave

jesus christ most of you weren't even alive when the "scenes" described ITT were around, shut the fuck up

thats the point of the thread mate

dubstep scene

c86 because i could hang out with amelia fletcher

this
or late eighties/early nineties space rock

D.C Hardcore in the 80s

This

:`(

60s Garage Rock Scene, I'm here for the garage rock revival that's been going on and off since grunge died so I want to know how it was orginally
Or late 50s Surf/Rockabilly scene

90s post-hardcore

Early punk scenes seemed fucking amazing.

80s swans
youtube.com/watch?v=yHES9YAGGkU

mid/late 90s Ska scene was lit

im live outside boston and ive never heard of it

are you seriously asking if 27 is too old to get involved with this kind of music?

screencap this for when this dum dum comes back next year to ask if 28 is too old to get into raffi & the wiggles

That's a stupid comparison. You're dumb.

>ywn

2000's myspace goth

'60s garage rock

>crank amps to 11
>play 3 chords
>sing about LSD and how girls suck
>tame some mad strange

my fucking FW when

late 70s early 80s punk/postpunk/newwave/goth shit etc

>70's NY nowave
this

70's/80's classic rock scene. Imagine hearing new led zep or Queen on the radio. Hearing Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time back then must have blown people's fucking minds

>classic rock scene
>scene

Brooklyn in the 80's was a huge time for this, it was practically a cival war whether you were into disco or rock. Kid you not, sounds like a joke but those two genres started music cliques between the two, at least in NYC. Ex: Beegees vs Pink Floyd fans. Two different tastes and sounds.

are you retarded?

90's IDM/ aphex twin

80s Bay Area Thrash

for me it was always Hollywood punk, no wave in NY, and grime

What's the best scene going on right now?

all scenes are dead the internet killed them

IMO: Britpop

I would have fucking loved being involved in any British rock music 1990-1998 because there was nothing but great music coming out of that scene during that time

Old-school hip hop 1975-1983. Pre Run-DMC.

B-boy and emcee contests. Graffiti. Being at the forefront of the most important cultural innovation in centuries.

no wave if i have to pick historically. nowadays, the burger scene is more fun than mu gives it credit for

The 80s post-industrial scene. Weird haircuts, combat boots and "mad beatz" with lots of movie samples.

Before grunge was mainstream. I would love to have seen Nirvana live pre-Nevermind. They're my favorite band, even if Kurt sucked at guitar or whatever people dont like em for

91-94 UK hardcore & jungle scene

Same here

New Romantics 1979-1982

Where did the american dream pop scene happen

80s thrash metal scene
fucking with glam metal fans would have been fun

Late 80s-early 2000s rave/electronic scene.

So much new innovation because of technology and computers advancing like crazy, it was actually underground and not a bunch of shithead "festie" losers with nothing else going on in their lives.

Plus you could still get real, good Ecstacy for reasonable prices.

pop punk shouldn't be listened or liked past the age of 13

This answer make me sad

I believe you but I also think that there might be some cool scenes going on and I'm too autistic to realize and join them.

would anyone like to start a scene with me

late 70s manhattan no wave

i'd love to mock hippies with zappa and the freaks in the late 60s or watch anime & theorize about impending cyberpunk revolution with the digital hardcore guys in the mid 90s

this

FUCK you just riled up the 15 year old in me
in a good way no worry

are you watching the get down on netflix? it's set in '77 about this very scene it's great

Came here to post this

I completely agree. There was so much shitty music in the 50s and early 60s, it would be cool to be in the only scenes (garage and surf) that weren't complete trash. Its like an island of visionaries in a see of shit.

I mean, there was some good Folk, Jazz and orchestrated music... but I don't know if you could call those "scenes".

1990-2007 american pop punk scene