soundcloud.com/seniorgearsolid/rydeen-demo
youtube.com/watch?v=UhWImmCZ9RY
youtube.com/watch?v=MQf2TSDRLkQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

remember when

one of my favorite bands friend

i learned how to play thousand knives on piano not that long ago

Solid State Survivor is 5/5

Went through a YMO binge a couple weeks ago. Still as good as I remember it being

He's a lucky guy.

Thank you for reminding me about Thousand Knives I haven't heard it in months

I've been thinking about getting into YMO a long time but I don't know where I can start to enjoy and slowly getting into the band. Which album should I listen first?

I love this duo so much.

Listen to Sakamoto's solo debut, it's the best IMO. As for YMO as a whole tho just start with Solid State Survivor, if your not really into that maybe try Technodelic or their self titled album

chumbawamba

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lOyCxRp5s
>YMO
>Not posting Technopolis

I'm into YMO user. Last two songs on Naughty Boys are my favorite by them

I'm listening to Solid State Survivor and Noko from Shinsei Kmattechan has a song with Rydeen as instrumental. What a great surprise!
But I cannot remember the name (in fact because is in japanese) but I know is on Soundcloud...

soundcloud.com/seniorgearsolid/rydeen-demo
ok is this one, I've never stopped to pay attention to the f***ing title which says YMO

just got into them. i saw cornelius a few days ago and saw that he's played with them before (the back left guy)

I've been on the YMO/Sakamoto/Hosono, etc. train since 2007. It's been a lonely ride. Not even when all of the internet media started picking up on them in 2011/2012 did it make it less lonely for me as a fan. I live in LA too, and have yet to meet anyone who actually knows/listens to any YMO/Sakamoto/Hosono, etc. I mean, I know they're out there...I've seen them when I've gone to see Sakamoto during his piano tour in 2010, and YMO twice in 2011. I'm a music major at uni, about finish this Fall, I would've expected to meet at least one person who would be into this specific cluster of Japanese music during my time here but I haven't. I feel like people into this specific period of Japanese music are isolated from themselves outside of Japan. I know if I went to Japan all of this is dinosaur/pleb tier for them, but at least I know there's plenty of hardcore fans that remain there as well.

I only know one other person who listens

I've actually been listening to them a lot lately actually. Their first album is really fucking good, even if nothing on the album tops the first three songs on Solid State Survivor

All I've been listening to lately is YMO or Hosono/Sakamoto solo work

Check this album out
youtube.com/watch?v=UhWImmCZ9RY
First track isn't my favorite because of the guest singer but rest are great

I like YMO and their solo albums but naughty boys was just so incredibly forgettable.
I listened to it 3 or 4 times now and I find myself wondering when the album will be over instead of enjoying it
am I broken? or does it take some time

this used to get spammed on mu back in the day actually

You just gotta get naughty

that's the international version, which omits a lot of good tracks + adds the dolby collab which was later/different sessions. look for 'ongaku zukan' from '84 for the original album, which is way better.

Ween

I am trying but I just can't see their appeal.

>So, a Mexican, an Asian, and an Arab walk into a bar...

Literally just go in order

They're not that hard to get into

Mock Orange

youtube.com/watch?v=MQf2TSDRLkQ

they're all japs tho lol

this. and i apply that to pretty much all artists i get into, the only exceptions are groups that are known to have vastly different outputs because they changed key members in the group. that isn't the case with ymo, so going in order is perfect.

pic related

Are music majors total plebs? I imagine them to be.

Been a while since I've seen this posted damn

But I don't want her to be memed

She was big on a waifu thread not to long ago, it was sad time desu.

To be fair, she is a top tier waifu